What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Longhorns may be in trouble

The Wolf. Gets **** done.

a6asejub.jpg

I'm enjoying the decline of the Texas athletic department. First, basketball doesn't make the NCAAs and football hasn't done that well of late. Don't y'all think that DeFloss Dodds is reaping what he sowed? :nod:

Deloose and Ole Yella Teeth, have done the one thing that most in that profession do,.....Stay to long in one place. I wrote a lengthy analysis of the Horn's FB situation on another site about 5 years ago. In a nutshell it said they were on they way down, and there was nothing they could do to stop it. All the signs were there, and it is proving it self out, I predicted it would take around 10 years for the cycle to bottom out. My Wife is a UT Grad, she loves the Horn's and when they loose a mild mannered kindergarten teacher could give a sailor a lesson in swearing, I feel for her. I watched the same thing happen in Boulder, Barney stalled the death spiral for a few years but it happened. Deloss is a DB, for his greed alone the Whorns will pay one way or another for their sins "So let it be written, So let it be done"

Last edited:
Deloose and Ole Yella Teeth, have done the one thing that most in that profession do,.....Stay to long in one place. I wrote a lengthy analysis of the Horn's FB situation on another site about 5 years ago. In a nutshell it said they were on they way down, and there was nothing they could do to stop it. All the signs were there, and it is proving it self out, I predicted it would take around 10 years for the cycle to bottom out. My Wife is a UT Grad, she loves the Horn's and when they loose a mild mannered kindergarten teacher could give a sailor a lesson in swearing I feel for her. I watched the same thing happen in Boulder, Barney stalled the death spiral for a few years but it happened. Deloss is a DB, for his greed alone the Whorns will pay one way or another for their sins "So let it be written, So let it be done"

I think A&M's recent rise will accelrate the departure date for MB and DD.

Deloose and Ole Yella Teeth, have done the one thing that most in that profession do,.....Stay to long in one place. I wrote a lengthy analysis of the Horn's FB situation on another site about 5 years ago. In a nutshell it said they were on they way down, and there was nothing they could do to stop it. All the signs were there, and it is proving it self out, I predicted it would take around 10 years for the cycle to bottom out. My Wife is a UT Grad, she loves the Horn's and when they loose a mild mannered kindergarten teacher could give a sailor a lesson in swearing, I feel for her. I watched the same thing happen in Boulder, Barney stalled the death spiral for a few years but it happened. Deloss is a DB, for his greed alone the Whorns will pay one way or another for their sins "So let it be written, So let it be done"

What were the signs that showed they were on the way down, and would continue to decline despite efforts to stop it? Interested in understanding what you saw.

What were the signs that showed they were on the way down, and would continue to decline despite efforts to stop it? Interested in understanding what you saw.

For me, it reached a tipping point when UT became the number one (by far) financial power AD in college sports. They had to choose between trying to lead or trying to dominate. They chose to attempt domination. Most notably, their belief that they could successfully form the LHN and even make it the main broadcast channel for high school sports within Texas (which the NCAA nixed, effectively killing that network's potential). Everyone reacted. And while UT was more powerful in Texas or even nationally that any one other college AD, it was severely outgunned when it became UT against the world.

There were several things that seem to always happen when the mighty fall. The first was the constant changes on the coaching staff, it was never Mac's fault, but somone had to take the fall. The second thing was and still is today the recruiting mistakes, they are so hung up on 5* guys that they can't see the forest for the trees.
Examples let's just look at the QB mistakes alone, RGIII, Nick Foles, Johnny Football, Andrew Luck, Darron Thomas and trust me this is a partial list. Mac actually told Robert Griffin he would not even have a chance to play QB. Third they seem to change their offensive and defensive profile every other year, and none of them are a "scheme" Mac has anything to do with. Which brings me to the most important thing. the day of the CEO as head coach are over, they have been dieing since Barnett was leading the Buffs, it is and has been coming back around to hands on guys. Look at all the young gun coaches that run "their system" guys like Mac dont even know the system their team runs becuase they have nothing to do with it. The Horns are on a death spiral, now they can stop it by doing something about it as in about Mac and Deloss, but I will believe it when I see it.

Back