What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

maiava to fullback in spring ball

The lack of experince on the OL scares the crap out of me. The talent is certainly there, but this spring and fall camp will be huge for there to be some cohesion among the OLmen. Miller, Head and Sanders all have starting experience, but the rest will not have even played a down (Keenan Stevens excluded, I don't think we'll be seeing much of him next season) I love that we finally have depth on the OL, enough apparently to move a Freshmen AA to FB.

Faatagi has playing experience, just not here. Don't be surprised to see him start this year. I agree with MBB, I think the coaches are very confident in their O-Linemen. Keep in mind that the RS-Freshmen still worked out a lot in the last year. Depth is a wonderful thing, especially at O-Line. We FINALLY have depth along the line.

i know that from an experience perspective, you are right to be concerned, but i don't feel like the o-line is a unit we need to worry about. i think the move of kai to fb speaks volumes about the confidence the staff has in the guys on the depth chart at ol.

now, you wanna talk about concern? cornerback. cornerback. cornerback.

did i mention cornerback? :smile2:

I agree, O-line will be fine, they are loaded, talented and more experienced.

Secondary worries me

Faatagi has playing experience, just not here. Don't be surprised to see him start this year. I agree with MBB, I think the coaches are very confident in their O-Linemen. Keep in mind that the RS-Freshmen still worked out a lot in the last year. Depth is a wonderful thing, especially at O-Line. We FINALLY have depth along the line.

Lots and lots of TALENTED O-line depth... i love it. D. Scott, Polk, Lockridge, Sumler, and everyone else back there should love it also.

Yep, and Tui-Mariner & Givens coming in the Fall, too. I'm not worried about the offense one little bit.

Defense, and as others have pointed out, defensive secondary, is a big concern for me. We'll see how it works out.

If you have a strong running game and can play ball control, it absolutely works in football.

A poor offense is what has hurt our defense the most the last several years. We usually seem to start off good on D, but there's only so much they can take when your offense can't sustain time consuming drives.

A poor offense is what has hurt our defense the most the last several years. We usually seem to start off good on D, but there's only so much they can take when your offense can't sustain time consuming drives.

Yep. Especially in 2006, you could just see the defense wearing down because the offense was having way too many three and outs. An offensive drive can be successful without a score.

one of the times i watched practise, i saw Kai and Nicholas getting into it. from what i saw Nicholas was a bloody mess. and the guy next to me told me that it was the second time that he saw Nicholas get pulverized by the Hawaiian. talk about team bonding. i'm going to miss Kai on the line pancaking Big 12 DL. he was a joy to watch and they better not waste his ass on the bench.

Back