What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mark Helfrich Hired As Chicago Bears OC

Not sure if this merited it's own thread, but I thought you all would find it interesting and I did not see where else it could be attached.

Best possible scenario for him. The dude is an incredible OC, and couldn’t afford to be Chip Kelly’s, “Butch Jones”. Happy to see him out of college.

Good for him, but when I see this and the new of EB it makes me sad. It's another coach who struggled at CU but has had success elsewhere =/

I still think Helfrich is an average coach like he showed at CU.

EB is a great RB coach, always has been. Hope he finds success as an OC, but he hasn't shown he can be successful at that level yet.
Agreed. Besides being an OC at a school where Chip Kelly did the play calling, MH was a mediocre OC at CU and ****ty HC at Oregon. Good guy, but not sure if good coach.

Agreed. Besides being an OC at a school where Chip Kelly did the play calling, MH was a mediocre OC at CU and ****ty HC at Oregon. Good guy, but not sure if good coach.
Interesting point here...how much of an OC's success is on the HC? Of course, with the talent at UO at the time, I could've won 8 games calling plays. And Pigeon was a joke...not sure how much freedom MH was given to develop the O he really wanted...and we certainly didn't have UO talent. He certainly wasn't HC material, but lots of great coordinators make ****ty HCs. Anyway...best of luck to a former Buff coach...make us proud!

Back