What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Matt McChesney -- Oh yeah!!!

There's a line when it comes to steering a recruit that way, but Matt can be trusted to answer an inquisitive athlete's questions about CU in-depth and speak about it in a way that makes the kid think "Wow, he really had a special college experience in Boulder." The advantage is in the information Matt can give with a positive slant.

Matt is a bright guy and has a good relationship with the university. I'm certain that he has a good understanding of what he can or cannot say or do and still be in compliance.

If he officially became an employee of the university those rules would completely change. He could keep his gym but it would impact every aspect of how he recuits clients and how he interacts with them. It may make it very hard for him to keep the gym going as it does now.

He also wants his kids to go to as high a level program as he can get them to. As much as he is a Buff I could see him moving a kid from say a D2 type player to a low BCS player and encouraging the kid to go to CSU if offered. Still doesn't mean he's putting a Rams helmet in his gym.

Matt is a bright guy and has a good relationship with the university. I'm certain that he has a good understanding of what he can or cannot say or do and still be in compliance.

If he officially became an employee of the university those rules would completely change. He could keep his gym but it would impact every aspect of how he recuits clients and how he interacts with them. It may make it very hard for him to keep the gym going as it does now.

He also wants his kids to go to as high a level program as he can get them to. As much as he is a Buff I could see him moving a kid from say a D2 type player to a low BCS player and encouraging the kid to go to CSU if offered. Still doesn't mean he's putting a Rams helmet in his gym.
Yes. Too much of a conflict of interest, IMO. Besides, there are far more qualified S&C individuals out there and him staying at SZ, adds more value to CU's program than he would as S&C coach.

Don't listen to him Nil, goddamn steak finger will come flying outta. Dbt don't lie, you know you've been to Buddy's peckerwood.

Don't listen to him Nil, goddamn steak finger will come flying outta. Dbt don't lie, you know you've been to Buddy's peckerwood.

54886344.jpg

I know you don't I was just joking around, it wouldn't let me edit for whatever reason? Buddy's is a little restaurant in Andrews, they are known for steak fingers and we talked about that in the past. Just having fun with you that's all bud

Yeah I'm starting to wonder about that. It's kinda weird that I have no trouble on other sites but I do on this one. I never had any trouble before I got the ban hammer. Any suggestions? I mean I have to refresh all the time lately.

I just discovered the last 15 or so posts on this thread, and they. are. magnificent!

Luke, when there was a Kermit diner over near Odessa the Mrs and I and one of her girlfriends ate the giant Manuel burger in one sitting.

Luke, when there was a Kermit diner over near Odessa the Mrs and I and one of her girlfriends ate the giant Manuel burger in one sitting.
You are talking about Kermit drive in huh? I've been there big ass hamburger. Wink is right around there too, home of Roy Orbison.

12 inch diameter pizza-size goddang hamburger. Had to cut it into triangles like a pizza. Never been to the one in Kermit but when we lived in Midland there was an offshoot over near Odessa. One of the CDs I keep in my car is the old "black and white" Roy Orbison live concert. "It's Over" is a killer. Used to go to the live concerts at The Bar in Midland on the corner of Missouri and B. Delbert McClinton, Joe Ely, etc. This was all some time ago. Enjoyed our time in West TX.

12 inch diameter pizza-size goddang hamburger. Had to cut it into triangles like a pizza. Never been to the one in Kermit but when we lived in Midland there was an offshoot over near Odessa. One of the CDs I keep in my car is the old "black and white" Roy Orbison live concert. "It's Over" is a killer. Used to go to the live concerts at The Bar in Midland on the corner of Missouri and B. Delbert McClinton, Joe Ely, etc. This was all some time ago. Enjoyed our time in West TX.
Los Lonely Boys are from San Angelo, baby! Also, J. Frank Wilson and Dan Peak from America.

LLB are cool. And on another subject, I can't forget the scene in "Selena" in which angry dad Edward James Olmos snarls "I will disband Selena and Los Dinos!!" to a weepy J-Lo. Ah, Texas.

LLB are cool. And on another subject, I can't forget the scene in "Selena" in which angry dad Edward James Olmos snarls "I will disband Selena and Los Dinos!!" to a weepy J-Lo. Ah, Texas.
It's a good place to be from, as they say.

Back