What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Maybe not Ole Miss, but does Miami want out?

Their is a difference between complaining about coaching decisions and wins/loses. Most of us would take a hard fought well coached loss over a "talent alone gets you a win" game on any Saturday.

Good thing we have had such an abundance of those in non-conference play over the last 7-8 years.

Why? We got a 2 and 1 deal from Fresno St. We starting to get back to a point where we schedule from position of strength rather than weakness. We no longer have to take any money deal that comes down the pipe.

Yeah!! So we got 2 Hyundai and and a Cherry Coke for our 911 Carrera 4s. LSU is top program in the SEC and playing in Tiger Stadium is an opportunity you don't pass up on!

I will take quality over quantity any day of the week, and LSU was a quality game.

Last edited:
Good thing we have had such an abundance of those in non-conference play over the last 7-8 years.

And you don't here me crying about CU football either, or how crappy our coaches are, or how we really just a bunch of girls who don't deserve to be on the same field as an SEC team.

Screw that!

I use to thing our fans were better than that, but this new breed is all about the path of least resistance. If we to schedule DivII teams to win a BCS title then screw the BCS title.

And you don't here me crying about CU football either, or how crappy our coaches are, or how we really just a bunch of girls who don't deserve to be on the same field as an SEC team.

Screw that!

I use to thing our fans were better than that, but this new breed is all about the path of least resistance. If we to schedule DivII teams to win a BCS title then screw the BCS title.

You're arguing under the assumption that many in this thread want to play Division II teams. I don't really see that coming from most posts. I see people arguing that maybe CU should be a little more reasonable from time to time with the scheduling.

Cut the crap with the "new breed" bull**** too. Anyone who is a fan of CU right now has weathered some tough times (and a lot of blowout losses).

Cut the crap with the "new breed" bull**** too. Anyone who is a fan of CU right now has weathered some tough times (and a lot of blowout losses).

Sure we have, but up until the last few years I have NEVER heard a CU fan WANT to schedule cupcakes. We were one of the only schools who had never played a DivII school until a few years ago. Most of the people I know who were very proud of that fact, and were very very very PISSED that we decide to ignore that fact and schedule Montana St.

Its only in the last 5 years that I have heard any CU fans start advocating for an easier schedule. So you may think it's bull****, but I think it's spot on!

Sure we have, but up until the last few years I have NEVER heard a CU fan WANT to schedule cupcakes. We were one of the only schools who had never played a DivII school until a few years ago. Most of the people I know who were very proud of that fact, and were very very very PISSED that we decide to ignore that fact and schedule Montana St.

Its only in the last 5 years that I have heard any CU fans start advocating for an easier schedule. So you may think it's bull****, but I think it's spot on!

Nobody is saying play div 2 cupcakes. You guys want to play these brutal schedules when CU hasn't consistently beat any of these teams lately. We play these top teams,get beat and then everyone says what a great schedule we play .

That doesn't mean squat if you don't start winning these "tough" non-conference games.

Let's keep playing the toughest OOC schedule in the big 12 and watch other teams go bowling while we sit home and brag that we played a tougher schedule. GREAT LOGIC.

Play 4 BCS programs, just tone down 1 game.

Yeah!! So we got 2 Hyundai and and a Cherry Coke for our 911 Carrera 4s. LSU is top program in the SEC and playing in Tiger Stadium is an opportunity you don't pass up on!

I will take quality of quantity any day of the week, and LSU was a quality game.

I like Cherry Coke... What does that mean? It has nothing to do with quality vs. quantity. It is a better deal for us. A team from an area that we recruit, California, has agreed to come play us twice in our stadium (making money). While we only have to go there once (losing money). A better deal than going to an area we don't recruit as much, Louisiana. Plus, there is more on an alumni base in Fresno.

I like Cherry Coke... What does that mean? It has nothing to do with quality vs. quantity. It is a better deal for us. A team from an area that we recruit, California, has agreed to come play us twice in our stadium (making money). While we only have to go there once (losing money). A better deal than going to an area we don't recruit as much, Louisiana. Plus, there is more on an alumni base in Fresno.

It's a case of cu fans not wanting to go to home games vs teams they "think" cu will blow out. They would rather see a game that cu has no shot of winning at present time. It's all about our "loyal" fans.

That doesn't mean squat if you don't start winning these "tough" non-conference games.

That is the fundamental difference here. It does mean squat to some of use. There are some of many of use who are less concerned with wins or losses, and more concerned about watching good football. We also believe that we can play in these games and win. UGa game was a great example of that. That was a GREAT Football game. Tough loss, but a great game and that was with a very undertalented CU team on the road with a 1st year head coach. I see no reason why this team can't play against SEC schools and win. There is a prevalent attitude amongst many fans now that seems to think these games are loses, not wins, and so, we should schedule some number of teams on our schedule that are "easier" wins so we can improve our record.

Sorry. I don't care how you try to spin it. Any time you advocate scheduling an opponent simply because you think it will improve your record, then you are advocating less than excellents. To me football is more than wins or loses. To others, that wins and loses are all it's about.

It's a case of cu fans not wanting to go to home games vs teams they "think" cu will blow out. They would rather see a game that cu has no shot of winning at present time. It's all about our "loyal" fans.

I never questions anyone's LOYALTY. Want to play a easy schedule or tough schedule has nothing to do with one loyalty.

That is the fundamental difference here. It does mean squat to some of use. There are some of many of use who are less concerned with wins or losses, and more concerned about watching good football. We also believe that we can play in these games and win. UGa game was a great example of that. That was a GREAT Football game. Tough loss, but a great game and that was with a very undertalented CU team on the road with a 1st year head coach. I see no reason why this team can't play against SEC schools and win. There is a prevalent attitude amongst many fans now that seems to think these games are loses, not wins, and so, we should schedule some number of teams on our schedule that are "easier" wins so we can improve our record.

Sorry. I don't care how you try to spin it. Any time you advocate scheduling an opponent simply because you think it will improve your record, then you are advocating less than excellents. To me football is more than wins or loses. To others, that wins and loses are all it's about.

Football IS about wins and losses last I checked. If i'm correct, some coaches get fired over wins and losses. Maybe some fans are tired of CU losing these games, close losses doesn't make it any better.

And beating LSU in Tiger Stadium would have given us an unforgettable memory. No one will ever remember beating FSU because we are "suppose" to win that game. A chance to tailgate at Tiger Stadium is second to none.

I could careless about which one was the better deal. Just having two Hyundai parked in your garage can't equal the chance of driving a 911 on the Autobahn. Great so you got a better deal on the Hyundai, but I will always remember that drive (not that I have had the chance to do that yet)

Football IS about wins and losses last I checked. If i'm correct, some coaches get fired over wins and losses.

No football is about much MORE than wins and losses, but too many of you have forgotten that. Wins and losses is only a part of what makes College Football so great. Those of you that can only equate to the record of the teams you follow, are missing out on big piece of the puzzle.

I don't think anyone is complaining about scheduling at least 1 good/great team in the OOC schedule....but if you make it a habit to schedule 2 or 3 of these and come out with 2 losses then you pretty much just ****ed yourself for the rest of the season....

In the end playing in a bowl will provide you much more name recognition, better recruiting, and more money than playing a brutal OOC schedule in the begining of the year.

I'm also with the others in that I dont think anyone is saying we should play E. Washington each year, but teams like Air Force, Fresno, Stanford etc. who are solid teams but ones you should win.

I don't think anyone is complaining about scheduling at least 1 good/great team in the OOC schedule....but if you make it a habit to schedule 2 or 3 of these and come out with 2 losses then you pretty much just ****ed yourself for the rest of the season....

In the end playing in a bowl will provide you much more name recognition, better recruiting, and more money than playing a brutal OOC schedule in the begining of the year.

I'm also with the others in that I dont think anyone is saying we should play E. Washington each year, but teams like Air Force, Fresno, Stanford etc. who are solid teams but ones you should win.

:thumbsup:

I for one dont care if they want out but...I think if they bail, it needs to be a home game. Even if that means a D1aa team.

So am I interpreting the above post incorrectly?

So am I interpreting the above post incorrectly?

I doubt a handful of posters speaks for all buff fans.

I understand your point, I would like to see cu try something different for a change and see how it goes. I'm getting tired of watching other big12 teams going to bowls while we go nowhere and brag about our OOC schedule and dog theirs.

Maybe we can find a happy medium :smile2:

I doubt a handful of posters speaks for all buff fans.

I understand your point, I would like to see cu try something different for a change and see how it goes. I'm getting tired of watching other big12 teams going to bowls while we go nowhere and brag about our OOC schedule and dog theirs.

Maybe we can find a happy medium :smile2:

If I have learned anything from these boards it is that when it comes to Buff Nation, there is no such thing as 1 voice.

Everyone obviously has their own slant. I am just expressing mine.

:smile:

If I have learned anything from these boards it is that when it comes to Buff Nation, there is no such thing as 1 voice.

Everyone obviously has their own slant. I am just expressing mine.

:smile:

Your opinion is just as good as mine or anyone else's. In the end we all want cu to be back in the top 25 again and winning on a regular basis, i think.

Here's the best solution: we can play 2 games against FBS opponents, 1 against Sisters of the Poor and 1 against Directional State U, and then lose all of our Big XII games except 1 so that we can focus on weightlifting and conditioning in December.

To Review:

1) Dilute scheduling
2) Miss Bowls to weightlift
3)
4)Profit

Awesome

Pointing out CU's record against UGa, FSU, ASU, and to some degree UCLA and USC has as much to do with the so-called scandal of the GB era as it does forecasting Hawkin's chances against these same top shelf opponents.

The most boring game I've seen was CU -v- New Mexico State. Zzzzzzzzzz.

Being a college fan includes going to Bowl Games and catching the team play on the road. Dropping LSU home and away for a 2-1 with Fresno is an economic choice that, at best, addresses a cash flow need. At worst, CU gets punked (again) by the Bulldogs.

The opportunity to watch the Buffs play in Tiger Stadium is rare. It is very rare. It may or may not happen in our lifetimes. Life is too short to play Fresno State 6 times in a 25 year period, while walking away from one of the most appealing venues in the nation.

Dropping LSU was a mistake IMO.

Buffsyko - if you end up traveling to see the Buffs play in the Imperial Valley, enjoy the corndogs.

. Life is too short to play Fresno State 6 times in a 25 year period, while walking away from one of the most appealing venues in the nation.

Exactly my feeling. Everyone is saying the 2 for 1 thing is great, but that means that we have to watch the buffs play fresneck THREE freaking times. ugggggg

Pointing out CU's record against UGa, FSU, ASU, and to some degree UCLA and USC has as much to do with the so-called scandal of the GB era as it does forecasting Hawkin's chances against these same top shelf opponents.

The most boring game I've seen was CU -v- New Mexico State. Zzzzzzzzzz.

Being a college fan includes going to Bowl Games and catching the team play on the road. Dropping LSU home and away for a 2-1 with Fresno is an economic choice that, at best, addresses a cash flow need. At worst, CU gets punked (again) by the Bull
The opportunity to watch the Buffs play in Tiger Stadium is rare. It is very rare. It may or may not happen in our lifetimes. Life is too short to play Fresno State 6 times in a 25 year period, while walking away from one of the most appealing venues in the nation.

Buffsyko - if you end up traveling to see the Buffs play in the Imperial Valley, enjoy the corndogs.

Corndogs, forgot about that :lol: :thumbsup:

Back