What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

MBB: CU travels to Texas Tech

They've got talent, though. And they were coming off a road whipping of Baylor. Maybe not a win that makes people around the country take notice, but any conference road win is a great win for our Buffs.

I couldn't believe how empty their arena was, though. I've seen more fans than that for a TTU women's game.

TTU women have been decent historically, though?

For the NIT or the NCAA?

2 more wins in the regular season at home, beating Texasss and Nebraska and then giving the little 12 a middle finger as we waltz out the door. Who GIVES A **** about anything else at that point. **** UM.

2 more wins in the regular season at home, beating Texasss and Nebraska and then giving the little 12 a middle finger as we waltz out the door. Who GIVES A **** about anything else at that point. **** UM.

You meant 3 wins, then. I'm sure you want to win at Iowa State to get to 20 wins before our Big 12 tourney run.

We CAN win out and we will, then we will seriously be in the tourney discussion going into the b12 tourney

8085 was the Attendance??? I will disagree with that, that place was empty.

that was about as empty as you're gonna see. i've been to the CEC for some snoozer OOC games when it was pretty bad....but, wow. you go Red Raiders.

i'd guess the total tickets sold ("attendance") means Tech is one of those schools where you have to "buy basketball tickets" to have a reasonable shot at football tix.

that was about as empty as you're gonna see. i've been to the CEC for some snoozer OOC games when it was pretty bad....but, wow. you go Red Raiders.

i'd guess the total tickets sold ("attendance") means Tech is one of those schools where you have to "buy basketball tickets" to have a reasonable shot at football tix.

Yeah, I kinda sympathize with the season ticket holders. Spent the money and now the on-floor product is craptastic.

Yeah, I kinda sympathize with the season ticket holders. Spent the money and now the on-floor product is craptastic.

semi-forced nepotism hire. people forget, James Dickey had a couple very good Tech teams in the mid 90's. it's not like Knight was the only success they've ever ever had. i don't the future is that bright for TT in football and hoops. they got a taste when RMK took them to the Sweet 16 with Emmet and Jarrious Jackson and Leach had them in the top 15 for 2-3 years.....but Tuberville is gonna win 6-8 a year, and basketball is a mess. surely, they have to fire Pat Knight.

semi-forced nepotism hire. people forget, James Dickey had a couple very good Tech teams in the mid 90's. it's not like Knight was the only success they've ever ever had. i don't the future is that bright for TT in football and hoops. they got a taste when RMK took them to the Sweet 16 with Emmet and Jarrious Jackson and Leach had them in the top 15 for 2-3 years.....but Tuberville is gonna win 6-8 a year, and basketball is a mess. surely, they have to fire Pat Knight.

I'm betting Knight gets one more year. Tub's is a recent hire -- can't imagine the AD, regents, et al, wanna do the coaching-change dance again this soon. Could be wrong, tho.

I'm betting Knight gets one more year. Tub's is a recent hire -- can't imagine the AD, regents, et al, wanna do the coaching-change dance again this soon. Could be wrong, tho.

i was unclear. i think Tuberville will win 7 games a year and go to some minor/midlevel bowls. Leach had the ability to get some skill position guys and sleepers (Wess Welker) to score points. and get advantage on that fast turf at Jones. Tuberville will get west Texas guys who don't get ATM or OSU offers to be a little better than they might have been on the LOS under Leach.

Knight might have had a chance if he took a job like UT-San Antonio, to TCU, to Tech. he wasn't ready. even in an era in the XII when SUtton, Sampson, Gillespie leave....he's still not doing much.

I think a lot of the programs are going to suffer from playing 9 conference games every year. Texas Tech is one of them. There are a lot of programs in the conference that have been built on the philosophy of getting 4 easy wins in the non-conference and then only needing a 2-6 conference showing to get to a bowl game. Not only are they adding losses, but the talk is that there's pressure on everyone to schedule a bit more rigorously in the non-con in order to have games that their tv partner wants.

Tech will never be good at basketball.

that's the opposite of the point i make above. they have been "good" two times at least since CU has been good.

we act like the Billups team that won a first round game is made of super-awesome.....when Tech made the Sweet16. and the Dickey teams were 2-4 seeds....with Darvin Ham and another scorer on the wing who's name i can't remember.

Last edited:

Never? They have been decent before. Why won't they be able to do so again?

Tech won the SWC on multiple occasions. They've been to the NCAA tournament 14 times. They've been to the Sweet 16 5 times.

I would not expect them to rise to the level of Kansas or even OSU - but they've clearly been "good" at basketball.

Hiring Pat Knight to replace Bob Knight was a huge mistake.

Back