What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

MBB GAME THREAD - CU vs. South Dakota | Dec 4th @ 7pm | PACN

South Dakota isn’t very good. Buffs cruised. I don’t think anything else needs to be said about that game. Floor seats are fun but I can’t get my picture to post but I’m not going to stress about it.

This non-conference home slate is so tough to get into. I love this team. I love Tad. Going to the games is some of the most fun I have every year. But this is crap.

No one good wants to come to Boulder because they're probably going to lose. That would be fine if we were making the Dance every year and advancing. If that was happening it would be a "good loss" on resume with an opportunity for a resume-making win. But since we haven't been that team, there's no margin in playing us.

So, **** it. Win the damn Pac-12 this year. Win the damn Pac-12 tourney this year. Advance to at least the 2nd weekend of the Dance. Become the program we need to be.

I am here just in case we can push it to 3 pages this time. Can we?

It looks like there is NO progress on Delon Brown. Same player as last year, maybe a little bit worse?

Watching EB playing is fun.

Maybe one of Schwartz's best games so far as a Buff on the offensive end. He was much more aggressive than in the CSU game and he showed some creativity with his moves to the basket which I hadn't seen before.

And Battey really can pass the ball. Wow. He was carving up the Coyotes in the first half.

As for the team, they didn't need to do much to get the win. SD wasn't going to keep up with the Buffs for the long run.

I'm not sold on this team doing much more than getting into the NIT at this point. But maybe they'll improve over the next month or so?

This non-conference home slate is so tough to get into. I love this team. I love Tad. Going to the games is some of the most fun I have every year. But this is crap.

No one good wants to come to Boulder because they're probably going to lose. That would be fine if we were making the Dance every year and advancing. If that was happening it would be a "good loss" on resume with an opportunity for a resume-making win. But since we haven't been that team, there's no margin in playing us.

So, **** it. Win the damn Pac-12 this year. Win the damn Pac-12 tourney this year. Advance to at least the 2nd weekend of the Dance. Become the program we need to be.
I like your attitude. Have you considered running for Regent?

When are finals there in Boulder. Trying to gauge if there might be a decent turnout on Saturday, especially if it’ll be a recruiting weekend. Exciting basketball and an electric crowd is great for the kids on the hoops squad, but also has residual benefits to the other athletic programs.

I am here just in case we can push it to 3 pages this time. Can we?

It looks like there is NO progress on Delon Brown. Same player as last year, maybe a little bit worse?

Watching EB playing is fun.
Del plays great perimeter defense and is so active with his rotations. Please try to appreciate him for what he is. He sets a tone out there and makes this team better. As players, you love having teammates like that. Offensive toolbox is limited, but we've got enough firepower to absorb that for 15 minutes or so a game.

Del plays great perimeter defense and is so active with his rotations. Please try to appreciate him for what he is. He sets a tone out there and makes this team better. As players, you love having teammates like that. Offensive toolbox is limited, but we've got enough firepower to absorb that for 15 minutes or so a game.
His perimeter defense is already pretty good last season. I was hoping he could improve a bit on the offensive side.

His perimeter defense is already pretty good last season. I was hoping he could improve a bit on the offensive side.
What I want from him on offense - and I think he's capable - is to keep things moving, not turn the ball over, and knock down 35% or more of his looks when he gets an open 3. He hasn't gotten there yet, though, which can be frustrating.

When are finals there in Boulder. Trying to gauge if there might be a decent turnout on Saturday, especially if it’ll be a recruiting weekend. Exciting basketball and an electric crowd is great for the kids on the hoops squad, but also has residual benefits to the other athletic programs.
There will be no students because the C-Unit is an absolute joke this year. The AD might as well start selling those seats,

His offensive game is much better. It was non existent last year. I've been pleased with him this year, and I was not his first 2 years

There will be no students because the C-Unit is an absolute joke this year. The AD might as well start selling those seats,

OR...reach out to the kids to work with them on getting more excitement into a core group of students, hoping more will follow. I hope the AD does NOT start selling those seats.

In other thoughts, I'm really glad to see Kountz to be a much better player than I had feared he was going to be. I still wish we had gotten a longer player with one of the 2 schollies last year, but these kids have shown they play. I was really afraid they were going to suck. Granted, I also thought Thomas AK was going to be decent after I first saw him as a freshman, and then he regressed into what I had feared. Still, I'm getting my hopes up on Kountz.

edit: How do you pronounce the "ou" here. I had thought it was like Counts, but some announcers have said "unts" or "oonts".

Also, granted it was against a bad team, but there were a few sequences last night where I thought we were excellent with defensive rotations. Hope that carries over against real competition. Looking forward to how we fare in the Pit.

Maybe one of Schwartz's best games so far as a Buff on the offensive end. He was much more aggressive than in the CSU game and he showed some creativity with his moves to the basket which I hadn't seen before.

And Battey really can pass the ball. Wow. He was carving up the Coyotes in the first half.

As for the team, they didn't need to do much to get the win. SD wasn't going to keep up with the Buffs for the long run.

I'm not sold on this team doing much more than getting into the NIT at this point. But maybe they'll improve over the next month or so?

Battey’s passing was terrific. Really fun to watch him play.

Battey’s passing was terrific. Really fun to watch him play.

We are going to need Battey to stay out of foul trouble when we get to PAC play. Siewert is 6'10" but plays like smaller guy. Bey is tough but skinny compared to some of the guys in the league who play in the post. Battey isn't tall but nobody is going to push him around.

Up to 60 on KenPom, one behind Seton Hall. I went to the Hall game last night and I think Colorado would probably beat them. I see a lot of similarities between Tad and Kevin Willard.

I watched the game last night on TV. I have to say I’m impressed by Battey. We actually have a big guy who can move a little. Haven’t seen that since the Shaun Vandiver days.

(I exaggerate, but only a little)

I watched the game last night on TV. I have to say I’m impressed by Battey. We actually have a big guy who can move a little. Haven’t seen that since the Shaun Vandiver days.

(I exaggerate, but only a little)
He's got great feet. Surprising for a guy his size. He's got so much upside.

The thing that’s encouraging to me is the fact that we appear to have several guys who can score. Inside and outside. It’s going to be hard to defend CU. Unless we just have a very poor shooting night which happens sometimes.

CU really needs to beef up the schedule since I never have been this bored with CU basketball. I don't think I'll watch until the UNM game.

At the same time, I think teams are just scared of the Buffs now and the next several seasons.

Back