What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

MBB GAME THREAD - CU @ Washington | Feb. 23rd @ 8:30pm | Pac 12 Net

My bad, I mis read and over rated the team we LOST to and for which those stats were relevant to.

The tied for 11th place WSU cougars, whom, we just lost to, with the given "defensive" stats

You also asked 'who won both of those games again?' Assuming you're speaking of WSU, we did beat them in Boulder.

Utah beat WSU pretty easily tonight. Gonna be tough to get that 4th spot now. But we have a shot to win 4-5 more games ... should be good enough for the NIT, right?

That 5 game streak showed the potential this team has. Next year, with Dallas back, a healthy Kin, Dombek in the mix, and another year of development for the guards ... it’s make or break for Tad. Anything short of the Dance is failure IMO.

Utah beat WSU pretty easily tonight. Gonna be tough to get that 4th spot now. But we have a shot to win 4-5 more games ... should be good enough for the NIT, right?

That 5 game streak showed the potential this team has. Next year, with Dallas back, a healthy Kin, Dombek in the mix, and another year of development for the guards ... it’s make or break for Tad. Anything short of the Dance is failure IMO.
So, in year 10 of Tad's career, your putting your faith in:
A 3 ACL repaired C who has played 1 year pseudo healthy
A PG coming off shoulder surgery
A F with 0 experience
A set of guards who have shown little to no ability to make offense, consistently play defense and score when needed.

In year 10

Ok

Being upset about the losses to Indiana St., Hawaii, Oregon St., and Wash St. I understand. I'm not sure what you were expecting tonight though. Washington is undefeated at home this season for a reason.
I already stated I expected the loss tonight.

A F with 0 experience
A set of guards who have shown little to no ability to make offense, consistently play defense and score when needed.

In year 10

Ok

I agree with you more than most on here. And yeah, there’s a lot of uncertainty about next year, your points are well taken. I just think that given the flashes we’ve seen, and the potential of the roster next year, and if they stay healthy and 2-3 guys take a sizable step forward in their development (Schwartz, Gatling, Kountz mainly), then we should be dancing next year ... or I’m in agreement with you: Tad’s gotta go.

At 16-11 in a league that may send 2 teams to the ncaa tourney, it’s pretty important to win the last 3 conference games to make the NIT. We will actually be competing with those teams (Utah-USC-UCLA) for an NIT slot.

I agree with you more than most on here. And yeah, there’s a lot of uncertainty about next year, your points are well taken. I just think that given the flashes we’ve seen, and the potential of the roster next year, and if they stay healthy and 2-3 guys take a sizable step forward in their development (Schwartz, Gatling, Kountz mainly), then we should be dancing next year ... or I’m in agreement with you: Tad’s gotta go.

Next year has the potential to be the perferct storm, so to speak. Depth at all positions will be about as good as its been under Boyle.

Next year has the potential to be the perferct storm, so to speak. Depth at all positions will be about as good as its been under Boyle.
The perfect storm would involve another ‘down’ year for the PAC 12 - I have no idea how that’s looking, but Washington certainly has a load of seniors leading this year’s team.

A F with 0 experience

In year 10

Ok
Kountz and Schwartz have little to no ability to create offense? I don't know what games you're watching. Scwhartz just needs to be uber assertive with his offense.

The perfect storm would involve another ‘down’ year for the PAC 12 - I have no idea how that’s looking, but Washington certainly has a load of seniors leading this year’s team.

Not sure how quickly it will translate but 247 Sports has Arizona with the #1 incoming class, USC at #3, and Oregon at #8 overall. I guess cheaters always do prosper.

Not sure how quickly it will translate but 247 Sports has Arizona with the #1 incoming class, USC at #3, and Oregon at #8 overall. I guess cheaters always do prosper.

Or maybe they just know how to sell their program, area, school and recruit successfully?

No. Arizona and USC have literally been caught cheating. See Book Richardson and Tony Bland. Or you can continue to live under a rock.

NCAA ineptitude in these cases is another issue.
Haven’t paid much attention to this, and perhaps there are other cheating issues, but the 2 links you gave are underwhelming. Taking a bribe to direct graduating players towards specific financial advisors is of interest to the feds, but has nothing to do with helping AZ or ‘SC with recruiting. Unless I’m missing the connection.

Haven’t paid much attention to this, and perhaps there are other cheating issues, but the 2 links you gave are underwhelming. Taking a bribe to direct graduating players towards specific financial advisors is of interest to the feds, but has nothing to do with helping AZ or ‘SC with recruiting. Unless I’m missing the connection.

You’re missing the connection. We have an entire thread on this, but the line basically goes: AAU teams sponsored by specific shoe companies directing players to schools with contracts with those show companies, who then direct them to “financial advisors” through those shoe companies as they move to the next level. There is cash changing hands all over the place, the two stories I linked are the only ones that have convictions... so far.

I guess I could’ve just stopped at you saying “haven’t paid much attention to this”.

You’re missing the connection. We have an entire thread on this, but the line basically goes: AAU teams sponsored by specific shoe companies directing players to schools with contracts with those show companies, who then direct them to “financial advisors” through those shoe companies as they move to the next level. There is cash changing hands all over the place, the two stories I linked are the only ones that have convictions... so far.

I guess I could’ve just stopped at you saying “haven’t paid much attention to this”.

Lowering the draft age, the NBA and USA Basketball working more and more together on player development in the younger ages, and the G-League becoming a viable option for players coming out of high school good enough to play at that level.... all things that will hopefully make this topic less and less of an issue.

Yes I haven’t. Thanks for the brief update.

Kountz and Schwartz have little to no ability to create offense? I don't know what games you're watching. Scwhartz just needs to be uber assertive with his offense.
shooting / 3 pt
Kountz - 5.5 pts / game 46% / 34 %
Schwartz - 8.2 pts / game 42% / 30%

Dominant.

When the games come down to the end, they aren't the ones with the ball in their hand. Seldom ends up there, either. Kin, Gatling, Bey are the go to players. Thus, Tad does not trust them to "create offense".

shooting / 3 pt
Kountz - 5.5 pts / game 46% / 34 %
Schwartz - 8.2 pts / game 42% / 30%

Dominant.

When the games come down to the end, they aren't the ones with the ball in their hand. Seldom ends up there, either. Kin, Gatling, Bey are the go to players. Thus, Tad does not trust them to "create offense".

I prefer my best players have the ball in their hands when the game is on the line. That does not mean that the other players are not capable of creating offense.

You are ****ing insufferable.

I prefer my best players have the ball in their hands when the game is on the line. That does not mean that the other players are not capable of creating offense.

You are ****ing insufferable.
Glad to know you still care.

Everyone saw that the worst team in our league beat the best team in our league last night, right?

Can they disqualify a conference from getting into the tourney due to suckiness? There should probably be a rule. If a power conference has no ranked teams at end of regular season, not even the conference tourney winner is allowed in.

We’ll never see such a trash PAC-12 again. Such a missed opportunity this year. Damn.

Back