What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

MBB: Texas Tech Game Notes & Thread

now in OT, i think ISU might win this one at K-State. great game to watch. Bramlage is a nice arena.

ISU brainfarts and fouls Pullen on a 3. not over yet.

edit: ISU wins. 75 fts in the game. KSU plays 12 guys, 10 of whom take shots. that's depth. i thought Frank Martin was a cheap hire but i have to admit, despite this loss and the creepy Beasley and Miami high school cheating thing, he's got some game.

Last edited:
DT's pic in the original post got me thinking.... have we worn WHITE home unis at all this year? I'm feeling the gold and silver alternates, but the white uni looks so crisp.

DT's pic in the original post got me thinking.... have we worn WHITE home unis at all this year? I'm feeling the gold and silver alternates, but the white uni looks so crisp.

they did away with the white unis this year. i'm sure they'll bring them back at some point in the future.

Game wasn't on the telly down here. Anyone wanna give some insight on how the game went, how our team looked, etc?

We had open shots all day even though Tech tried to extend its defense. Allowed a lot more posting up by the Buffs than we usually see (often by our guards, which I like for us). Also opened up drives to the basket.

In the 2nd half, CU stopped playing defense or we would have won by 30. But between the letdown from having such a big lead and the over-officiated whistle blowing, it became a very choppy and low intensity game for the last 15 minutes (for the most part).

As an aside:
College basketball, especially the Big 12, needs to do something about its officiating. It's inconsistent and sometimes it's just plain bad. I never thought I'd say this, but college basketball needs to look to the NBA for how to officiate a game. Except for blatantly tilting the wheel for home teams and favoring stars, the NBA does a great job these days. College needs to start by painting the circle under the rim to define the area where a defender cannot set up to draw a charge. And all levels of basketball also need to stop rewarding players for driving into people and getting rewarded with a foul call. Too often games, especially in crunch time, get decided on guys just putting their heads down and barreling toward the basket. If a defender doesn't swat at the ball and end up hitting arm/shoulder/head, the ref needs to swallow his whistle.

Back