What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mel Tucker announcement article

Left to right

Mel, wife Jo-Ellyn (standing behind Coach), son Christian and son Joseph

Also... ****ing DiStephano was on that flight. Imagine being stuck on a plane with him for 3.5hrs...

There better be free drinks. LOTS of free drinks

After having this press announcement sink in a bit I'm even more excited about this hire. One thing that keeps coming up in my mind is that he was a player during a period of greatness in CU football history, and even more so, he played against some of those players he named. He played CU in the hand full of years right after our NC and has that respect for the program as a player. To me, it ALMOST feels like a person who was connections to the program, but not in the same way as a former player. This will be the longest 9 months ever.

So far the best radio interview out there. Lewis and Logan did a good job staying on point. Didn't ask about his kids sports aspirations or his former players...

I am really excited now. The interview on the Fan yesterday night was a little embarrassing. Afterwords HCMT was probably thinking WTF? was that about. Now when he sits down with Chev and finds out his son is on the team, might raise an eyebrow. Can not wait till he meets the players and we start getting a feeling from them what they think.

Man, every interview I've heard from him so far has basically stated there should be no excuses for not being able to be successful here. Compare that with what we heard came out in Wells interview with the "lets make sure we're being realistic here.'

Also it was interesting that he apparently has had detailed enough discussions to know that our ability to take jucos has changed a bit and how that potentially impacts recruiting.

Man, every interview I've heard from him so far has basically stated there should be no excuses for not being able to be successful here. Compare that with what we heard came out in Wells interview with the "lets make sure we're being realistic here.'

Also it was interesting that he apparently has had detailed enough discussions to know that our ability to take jucos has changed a bit and how that potentially impacts recruiting.
The last coach made some excuses too, not just Wells.

I think he is talking about the rule changes a couple of years ago that made JUCO admissions more uniform so CU has as good of a chance as the lower tier academic schools to get those kids now.

The last coach made some excuses too, not just Wells.

I think he is talking about the rule changes a couple of years ago that made JUCO admissions more uniform so CU has as good of a chance as the lower tier academic schools to get those kids now.

You have talked about this before, but yes, MM made plenty of subtle excuses in the media.

His public attitude toward recruiting should have been a red flag to a lot of people.

I remember reading that on here about Wells, but where did that come out from? 247, FootballScoop?

What’s Nate saying that’s being turdish?

Nate was just wondering how this guy was going to work out West and was going on and on about how Tucker wouldn't understand the cultural issues here with a school that doesn't support football, etc. etc. Valid concerns.

But then he was wondering how Tucker would handle a program whose ceiling was being Utah.

Back