What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mel Tucker leaves CU for Michigan State

I was impressed by Tucker early on proclaiming "no excuses". Turns out he was projecting his true self.

Publicly and privately complaining about resources and money and how it interfered with him doing his job. "Go green" . . . . is right motto for him.

I was impressed by Tucker early on proclaiming "no excuses". Turns out he was projecting his true self.

Publicly and privately complaining about resources and money and how it interfered with him doing his job. "Go green" . . . . is right motto for him.
I had believed he was a high integrity guy but he is just a damned liar. That’s all.

Steven doesn’t have any hard feelings because he is about to be making money if he can stay on an NFL team. One more year with MT and JJ and he would have still been the same mediocre QB.

Michigan State: Sources tell FootballScoop that Mel Tucker offered the strength job to Vanderbilt head strength coach James Dobson, but Dobson has opted to stay at Vandy at this time.

Bahahahahahaha. I think Melvin is the Trump of college football coaches. "I only want to hire the best" has turned into trying to hire the strength coach from the worst team in the SEC, giving an analyst at CU (I'm sure Peagler is a good football mind) a massive raise to coach his RBs there, and hiring the biggest JAG of an OC ever in JJ.

Steven doesn’t have any hard feelings because he is about to be making money if he can stay on an NFL team. One more year with MT and JJ and he would have still been the same mediocre QB.

F.uck you Montez. Obviously you care little about all your "brothers" he f.ucked over. MT and his staff didn't help you at all.

Have any of you seen the commercial they show on BBall telecasts that uses the “Relentless” term? They need to edit that ASAP! Must be a crappy commercial because I have no idea what or whom it is for.

First of all, if he had that 1 more year Mel would have ditched him too.

I'm not surprised that there was a lot of "it's just business" and "can't blame a guy for taking care of #1" coming from Montez with no consideration for the teammates who got screwed over and lied to.

Oh well. Hope he makes some money and figures some things out about life.

Bahahahahahaha. I think Melvin is the Trump of college football coaches. "I only want to hire the best" has turned into trying to hire the strength coach from the worst team in the SEC, giving an analyst at CU (I'm sure Peagler is a good football mind) a massive raise to coach his RBs there, and hiring the biggest JAG of an OC ever in JJ.
It's going to be interesting.

If he wins big at MSU he will be gone to the next higher paying job, no loyalty other than to the next big check.

If he is mediocre or less then he will make sure that he collects every cent out of his contract he can get.

Thinking about this I would hate to be the AD who has to fire him. I sense that he will leave a scorched earth for the school that dumps him.

All I care about Montez is that the Broncos don't draft him. And I’m not that passionate about the Broncos.

The Broncos don’t need Montez. They seem pretty set on Drew Lock being the future of the QB room...at least from what I’ve read on the subject.

I'm not surprised that there was a lot of "it's just business" and "can't blame a guy for taking care of #1" coming from Montez with no consideration for the teammates who got screwed over and lied to.

That “taking care of No. 1” comment just seems like a window into his character. Hopefully it is just a flippant remark made by an immature kid.

Zero chance of making it in the NFL...

Okay, the guy's a dick, he can't help himself. Just saying I wouldn't go negative in that situation, either.
A bit extreme. I don’t think he’s a dick. I always thought he was engaging and articulate in his interviews. I just don’t think he “gets it” that the former coach hurt a lot of people including his former teammates, coaches and fans. Most bothersome is his opinion that it’s okay because the former coach was just looking out for himself and that’s okay. I think most of us believe humanity is more about doing what’s right for others more than ourselves and more about honoring ones word.

A bit extreme. I don’t think he’s a dick. I always thought he was engaging and articulate in his interviews. I just don’t think he “gets it” that the former coach hurt a lot of people including his former teammates, coaches and fans. Most bothersome is his opinion that it’s okay because the former coach was just looking out for himself and that’s okay. I think most of us believe humanity is more about doing what’s right for others more than ourselves and more about honoring ones word.
Really? Frat boy? Okay, you're welcome to your opinion.

It's got to be a stressful week for Montez and every player at the Combine. I believe he is a kid, has a narrow scope, and probably what is most evident is that Montez is not very articulate.

If the former coach had been Beaver Cleaver and had promised Mrs. Donaldson that he would mow her lawn for 50 cents and he had the mower out ready to start when Mr. Jones said,

“Hi Beaver. I see you have your mower out. I’ll pay you to mow my lawn.”

“I’d love to Mr. Jones but I promised Mrs. Donaldson I would mow her lawn and she’s paying me 50 cents.”

“I’ll tell you what, if you mow my lawn instead, I will pay you a dollar!”

So, forced to make the most difficult decision of his life, Beav sees his dad and says, “Dad, I promised Mrs. Donaldson is mow her lawn for 50 cents but Mr. Jones came by and said he would pay me a dollar if I mowed his instead and I only have time to mow one!”

What would Ward tell The Beav to do? He’d say, “Well, Theadore, didn’t you make a promise to Mrs. Donaldson?”

Well, gee, yeah, I guess I did. I get it dad! I need to keep my promise!”

“Good boy Beaver!”

Back