What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Memories.....Coach Hawk

Embree was put in a position to fail. Poor facilities, culture issues, talent issues, weak AD he didn’t get along with, poor program rep from the losing, etc. Near impossible spot for a 1st time coach. I don’t have any anger toward Embree, but I’m still mad at Phil and CU for getting things to that position and then hiring an inexperienced HC.

Hi, my name is Ogre. [Hi, Ogre.]

Wanting to buy into Hawk’s **** encouraged me to join AB using the name “BuffHorn” after his hire. Must have been drunk. Out of shame, I didn’t post much for years. Created a whole new account when I decided to join the fray.

Embree was put in a position to fail. Poor facilities, culture issues, talent issues, weak AD he didn’t get along with, poor program rep from the losing, etc. Near impossible spot for a 1st time coach. I don’t have any anger toward Embree, but I’m still mad at Phil and CU for getting things to that position and then hiring an inexperienced HC.

Lack of funds had a bit to do with the hiring, and maybe more importantly, what was spent for assistants. I'm not trying to defend embo but it was like bringing in a new captain and crew on a sinking ship.

Hi, my name is Ogre. [Hi, Ogre.]

Wanting to buy into Hawk’s **** encouraged me to join AB using the name “BuffHorn” after his hire. Must have been drunk. Out of shame, I didn’t post much for years. Created a whole new account when I decided to join the fray.

BuffHorn kinda fits you.

The fact that on Embos staff there wasnt A SINGLE coach who had been a coordinator was a recipe for disaster. There was some talent issues...but i have NEVER seen a team that had no idea whst it was doing like our Buffs. Oregon could have put a hundo on the Buffs.....Fresno State looked like they wete playing a HS team.....program was in trouble and exacerbated it with one of the worst hires in history....

Getting the CU HC job might have been the worst thing for Embrees career. It’s unlikely he will ever be much more than a TE coach now.

Back