What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Men's basketball - 2021 March Madness Selection Sunday (Selection show on CB beginning at 4:00 PM MT; #5 seed Buffs open up against Georgetown)

Everyone loves to pick the 5-12 upset, so naturally they all jump on board the G-Town bandwagon. The east coast bias thing and all that. I'm not convinced Patrick Ewing is some kind of coaching mastermind, his team just suddenly peaked at the right time.

Bad luck for the Buffs. Georgetown is playing well right now. That program is on the rise. Didn't know Biles lived in Denver, why didn't we recruit him. Biles in a stud, he can outjump anyone. I fear for the Buffs. But anything can happen if there is a good plan. I am sad to say I will be picking Georgetown in the first round. I want to win my bracket. I hope I am wrong.

Bad luck for the Buffs. Georgetown is playing well right now. That program is on the rise. Didn't know Biles lived in Denver, why didn't we recruit him. Biles in a stud, he can outjump anyone. I fear for the Buffs. But anything can happen if there is a good plan. I am sad to say I will be picking Georgetown in the first round. I want to win my bracket. I hope I am wrong.
Another true fan.

over it whatever GIF by Satisfied Customer

It was coin flip between us and Tennessee as to who would draw Georgetown. The other two #5 seeds are 'Nova and Creighton, so you know they weren't going to match them up against their Big East foes in the first round.

AD email about a tourney show tomorrow:

Tipoff the NCAA Men's Hoops Tournament on March 16
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
To view this message in HTML format, click here:
http://buffs.fan-one.com/r/?id=t3cc...@+KoYEu7N60MApJnqltYwIKjdGm4ZlUVrbaw9e65Bhr8=
or paste this link in a Web browser
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://buffs.fan-one.com/r/?id=t3ccb84b2,d86b80d6,d866b33c

http://buffs.fan-one.com/r/?id=t3ccb84b2,d86b80d6,d866b33d

Let's Dance!

Join us for a special event as we send Coach Boyle’s Colorado Men’s Basketball team to the NCAA Tournament! Your pregame party will be complete with a special conversation with Rick George, CU Athletics Director - joined by Jason DePaepe, Deputy AD, and Lance Gerlach, Senior Associate AD. Moderated by Mark Johnson and Scott Wilke, this event is a can’t miss opportunity for season ticket holders, letterwinners, alumni, donors and fans of Colorado Basketball. We’ll CU as we TIPOFF with the Buffs!

Ban Button GIF by swerk

I think it's a great draw, love playing a big name with a lot of history. The mid majors like the gauchos and winthrop would be just as scary. No idea how anyone can say we got by far the toughest 12 seed.
I think it is true, but can still say I feel confident in CU winning.

Georgetown absolutely tore apart their tournament and playing as well as anyone. Both can most certainly be true.

Everyone loves to pick the 5-12 upset, so naturally they all jump on board the G-Town bandwagon. The east coast bias thing and all that. I'm not convinced Patrick Ewing is some kind of coaching mastermind, his team just suddenly peaked at the right time.

I'm picking Winthrop to beat Villanova. How do the replacement teams work? If Georgetown were to have a COVID problem, do we play Louisville?

I'm picking Winthrop to beat Villanova. How do the replacement teams work? If Georgetown were to have a COVID problem, do we play Louisville?
Yep. Unless another team went down before G-Town, then it would be the sheep.

There's four replacement teams (and CSU is #2), so they all have to be ready to get to Indy on a moment's notice to fill in where necessary. They assume the seed of the team they replace, so in theory Louisville could replace a #15 while CSU could replace Gonzaga as the tournament overall #1 seed. It only applies to the first round. If a team withdraws after the first round, it's just a forfeit and the opponent advances. There's no adjustments to the brackets based on replacement teams.

Edit: if a team from a one-bid conference withdraws, the replacement team will be next team up from that conference, not one of the generic replacement teams like Louisville or CSU.

Last edited:
There's four replacement teams (and CSU is #2), so they all have to be ready to get to Indy on a moment's notice to fill in where necessary. They assume the seed of the team they replace, so in theory Louisville could replace a #15 while CSU could replace Gonzaga as the tournament overall #1 seed. It only applies to the first round. If a team withdraws after the first round, it's just a forfeit and the opponent advances. There's no adjustments to the brackets based on replacement teams.

After Tuesday the bracket will be locked. If a team drops out after that due to Covid then their opponent will advance to the next round based on forfeit

Back