What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Men's basketball general off-seasons news thread

the most favorite road trip game my buddies and I would play was "I name the school, you give the nickname". So Ill (Salukis) was always one of my favorite schools to name.

now, can we get these games / mini-tournaments back on campus? Even before Covid, I always hated seeing marquis matchups in remote locations with virtually no fans. I'd love to go to the VI, but I feel like a basketball game wouldn't make the agenda if I traveled to place like that (feel the same way about bands I love having 3-4 night runs in Latin America).

How badly do the restrictions really hurt them? I’ve come to the opinion that the benefits gained by cheating far outweigh the potential punishment.

It’s like a guy who steals a million bucks, gets caught and they tell him, “You can keep the money but you have to go in probation for a year.”
Multi-year postseason bans hurt. Scholarship reductions can hurt if they cut deep (otherwise they help recruiting & are a benefit).

Pretty cool for Evan

Saving a search in case I'm not the only member who never heard of "USA East Coast" in context of basketball.

Founded in the summer of 2006 by Guy Rancourt, USA East Coast (formerly East Coast All Stars) has become college basketball's unofficial study abroad program. Rancourt's organization has introduced the world of international professional and national team basketball to college basketball's best and brightest stars for over a decade. USA East Coast has represented the United States in 15 different countries and collaborated with USA Basketball to help prepare for international play. The majority of Rancourt’s players have taken full advantage of this cultural and educational experience, with many of them successfully going back overseas for professional careers.

Link

Just watched the first Costa Rica game and I'll give a quick update.

Lowering is skinnier than I thought but he moves really fluidly and has great footwork.

KJ Simpson is super shifty and can dribble drive at an elite level. He needs to get under control a bit but the skill set is there.

Eli Parquet is improved and should be a nightmare for opposing offenses.

Jabari Walker was the best player on the floor by a wide margin. He hit 4 3s to start the game.

We outmatched them by a wide margin so it was tough to tell but I think we're coming along well for August and with a ton of new faces.

Nique Clifford is 6'5" now. He looks much bigger than before.

The facilities for these games are a joke. At one point the shot clock battery died and at another point the buzzer just kept going off and didn't stop.

(From the linked article - "Colorado returns to action on Saturday against Colegio de Abogados, the third place team in last year's Costa Rican professional league, at 8:15 p.m. MT at the Banco Nacional Arena.")

Back