What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mike Leach dies after apparent heart attack

I don't know if it's been said here but Leach helped Coach Prime assemble a staff when he got to Jackson St. Or at least Leach was one of the guys Prime went to for recommendations and advice and ended up with Brett Bartolone who was Leach's player at Wazzu on his advice. And he'll be on CU's staff as well.

A sad situation overall.

This is from a MSU insider, in the last couple of hours

I wish I had better news, but I’m told UMMC has transitioned into comfort care measures for Coach Mike Leach. It’s essentially hospice care at this point.

I’m told he’s been largely if not totally nonresponsive since the cardiac event yesterday morning.

It appears to simply be a matter of time now. It all seems so unfair. Life is fleeting. Tell those you love how much you love them. Forgive, forgive, forgive.

We will not be working to break the final story. We will respect the family’s timing on all of that. Yes, we have a story ready to roll, but we will now await the official and unfortunate word from the University.

I can’t believe we’re even having these discussions. It’s so surreal. He isn’t just our football coach. He’s Mike Leach, a national treasure. I’m honored to say he was our coach for three seasons. It’s also nice to remember that he’s going out a winner.

Please remember his family, our coaches and players in your thoughts and prayers.

I love you all and Hail State!

dang....this is sad news.
Kicked the crap out of us a few times, but he is a solid coach and I hear he's a better person.

The Mascot Battle one is always a Leach highlight

People sometimes do see him as a bit of a clown, but people also fail to forget he is almost always the smartest guy in the room - how many other CFB HC's have a JD Law Degree from the Top 50 school?

Sadly, looks like he is one his way out. CFB will be a lesser place for it

However I do wonder how long he survived living in the State of Washington considering his dislike for coffee :coffee:

The Mascot Battle one is always a Leach highlight

People sometimes do see him as a bit of a clown, but people also fail to forget he is almost always the smartest guy in the room - how many other CFB HC's have a JD Law Degree from the Top 50 school?

Sadly, looks like he is one his way out. CFB will be a lesser place for it

However I do wonder how long he survived living in the State of Washington considering his dislike for coffee :coffee:

He is not wrong. You have to develop a taste for it, but everybody, except a few perverts, drinks it for the caffeine.

Oh man this is the worst news. I’m hoping for a miracle for Coach Leach and his family. I wonder if this was somehow vax-related.

Napper:
homer simpson arsonist GIF

Back