What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mike MacIntyre officially takes Ole Miss DC job

I don't agree with this. You should learn this in 1L Contracts. 4 Corners are clear and unambiguous = no parole evidence of intent. Again, the Contract is specific regarding the ability to offset. College HC and NFL AC or HC. I think MM has every incentive to take a higher-paying college Coordinator job and double dip for the entire time. Good job by his agent. Probably not a great job by CU's attorney.

Take it up with @BuffsNYC. I was reciting his interpretation.

I don't agree with this. You should learn this in 1L Contracts. 4 Corners are clear and unambiguous = no parole evidence of intent. Again, the Contract is specific regarding the ability to offset. College HC and NFL AC or HC. I think MM has every incentive to take a higher-paying college Coordinator job and double dip for the entire time. Good job by his agent. Probably not a great job by CU's attorney.
Yep. Except that I think it's almost unfathomable that MM would choose to double dip if he gets offered a P5 job next year. He'll choose to be a head coach if offered a good job.

We've already had a lawyer on the site look at the contract. Basically, if he takes HC or NFL job, his salary is automatically deducted. If he takes another job, then the he notifies CU and they sit down and negotiate a buyout. It says it right there.

I disagree. There is no statement, much less a clear and unambiguous one, that employment other than college HC or NFL coaching job will not offset what CU owes. There is a clear agreement that MM has a duty to mitigate damages by obtaining new employment, must provide notice of any employment, and that issues that arise about this issue will be subject to mediation.

I disagree. There is no statement, much less a clear and unambiguous one, that employment other than college HC or NFL coaching job will not offset what CU owes. There is a clear agreement that MM has a duty to mitigate damages by obtaining new employment, must provide notice of any employment, and that issues that arise about this issue will be subject to mediation.
It's poorly written, that's for sure.

Going to have to see how FHCMM working on the sidelines for Ole Miss.

I don't recall any CU coaches in my lifetime not being disliked for not getting CU to a certain level. 2016 and this year's Nebraska game really helps his legacy.

Back