What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mike Montgomery Meeting w/ Cal AD

First off, I think they have their sights set higher than him (he's listed at #5), I'm surprised he's not even lower. Yeah, he has Tennessee ties. His ties to Colorado are stronger though. I'd never say no chance and in a bidding war, Colorado wouldn't win, but I'm not too concerned. Seeing Bruce Pearl at #6 was quite funny.

"With three straight NCAA tourney bids at Colorado, could the Vols pry Boyle away from the Pac 12. I think there would be a good chance of that. " This line is why I posted it. There is not a good chance.

Last edited:
"With three straight NCAA tourney bids at Colorado, could the Vols pry Boyle away from the Pac 12. I think there would be a good chance of that. " This line is why I posted it. There is not a good chance.

As humorous as the thought of this is to us, Vols fans are probably responding with "One NCAA win in four years?! That's not our standard!" thanks to years of delusions that future coaches will Bruce Pearl their way to postseason success.

:rofl:

Surprised it took this long for Tad's name to pop up this year.
There weren't a ton of good vacancies this year. I can't see Wellman saying, let's hire Bzdelik's successor. VT/Auburn sure weren't upgrades. Marquette doesn't seem like much of a fit. Most coaches don't move in-conference, can't recall the last cbb coach to do so. (I know Sarkisian did so from UW to USC)

As humorous as the thought of this is to us, Vols fans are probably responding with "One NCAA win in four years?! That's not our standard!" thanks to years of delusions that future coaches will Bruce Pearl their way to postseason success.
It wasn't too long ago. I don't think it's that absurd that they would want to see someone with more results. They also just made the S16 this year. Tad's been great, but other than the 2012, the results aren't there in March. And that's what any casual fan will identify with.

Also, check this out:

BlSDIn1IEAEEiQ-.jpg

Talked to some Vols, I know this was briefly mentioned before but Cuonzo was taking a ton of **** during the regular season (and in fairness, Tennessee was not playing well). Clearly it rubbed him the wrong way.

Talked to some Vols, I know this was briefly mentioned before but Cuonzo was taking a ton of **** during the regular season (and in fairness, Tennessee was not playing well). Clearly it rubbed him the wrong way.

When you see current players tweeting things out like "good for coach" and "you knew it was only a matter of time", well...

Best for Martin....Tennessee is going to eventually pay for how they are handling their AD

This.

Seeing a lot of their idiot fans talk about Bruce Pearl coming back. Not happening. Nor are they going to get Shaka. Marshall is a MAYBE, but that'd be a pretty big step down for him.

That is a big indication about the state of Tennessee athletics

Best for Martin....Tennessee is going to eventually pay for how they are handling their AD
Yeah but they don't respect him despite what he's accomplished. So he was probably one bad season from being shown the door anyways even if UT should've done a better job.

Yeah but they don't respect him despite what he's accomplished. So he was probably one bad season from being shown the door anyways even if UT should've done a better job.

I am a little unclear about your point, who doesn't respect him? The Tennessee AD and fans don't respect anyone...the players showed Martin tons of respect.

I am a little unclear about your point, who doesn't respect him? The Tennessee AD and fans don't respect anyone...the players showed Martin tons of respect.
I was more getting at the administration, but sure the fans as well. I wasn't talking about the players.

This.

Seeing a lot of their idiot fans talk about Bruce Pearl coming back. Not happening. Nor are they going to get Shaka. Marshall is a MAYBE, but that'd be a pretty big step down for him.

The "Marshall is from the area" line they're using is a stretch. He's from Roanoke. 3.5 hours away. Sure, he's been interested in the job in the past, before a Final Four and an undefeated regular season. That presumably changes things a great deal.

The "Marshall is from the area" line they're using is a stretch. He's from Roanoke. 3.5 hours away. Sure, he's been interested in the job in the past, before a Final Four and an undefeated regular season. That presumably changes things a great deal.

The "from the area" thing never hit with me. It's the fact that he wanted the job earlier. But you make a damn good point - things have changed.

Back