What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Miracle in Boulder Open Thread

Well I kinda feel like we're gonna win it and the Texas run attack is terrible.

edit: Holy **** I just started laughing uncontrollably when the guy started getting pelted with t-shirts.

Last edited:
Hate to say it, but I think this game might be the end of our shutout-less streak. Call it a hunch. A hunch I hope proves to be false, but a hunch nonetheless.

The tough thing is that he hit all three of the FG tries fine. It's not like he's shanking them. But just like golf, it's tough to shake a slump like this. Gotta go back to fundamentals and just make solid contact.

Hate to say it, but I think this game might be the end of our shutout-less streak. Call it a hunch. A hunch I hope proves to be false, but a hunch nonetheless.

I think we've moved to ball well enough, so hopefully some of that will turn into points in the 2nd half. This is the 3rd game in a row where leaving points on the field is becoming all too common.

How depressing. Remember back in the 90's when the Buffs had a great offense year after year? Feels like a lifetime ago. I like Hawk and his philosophy a lot but where's the beef?

well we are getting reminded just how far we have to go. I hope we see a better team this half. We are better than we have been playing.

Are they? Have you seen the offense look impressive in any meaningful gametime OTHER THAN the CSU game??

I'm with you on that. It's starting to look like the Buffs beat up on a terrible rams team and we all got our hopes up. They struggled mightily against a D1-AA team and needed a last minute pick 6 to win. They scraped by a deeply flawed WVU team, then got whipped by underwhelming FSU team. I don't know what that all means... but it looks pretty bad

I can take losing because our line is banged up but I cannot take losing because we look like a pee wee team with stupid turnovers and missing chip shot field goals.

I find it tough to get down on D Hawk. The OLine was young at the start of the season, now they are young and decimated by injuries. That disrupts all aspects of the offense.

It was huge!...oh wait...did you mean if we held them to 3 and out? that's just dumb man.:wtf:

That was for Texas' first possession of the 2nd half. Almost had it too. Had em 3rd and 8 or 9. Try and keep up brown shoe...:rolleyes:

I find it tough to get down on D Hawk. The OLine was young at the start of the season, now they are young and decimated by injuries. That disrupts all aspects of the offense.

Hawkins and his staff had one or two OL on the team when he arrived in Boulder. On top of that, he's had 3 recruiting periods to sign some OL.

Unless Cody guides this team to a TD on this drive and the D can get the ball back without UT scoring this should be Cody's last drive.

Need to get Ballenger or Nelson some PT to see what they can do in real life. And I'm not talking about just letting them hand the ball off a bunch.

Unless Cody guides this team to a TD on this drive and the D can get the ball back without UT scoring this should be Cody's last drive.

Need to get Ballenger or Nelson some PT to see what they can do in real life. And I'm not talking about just letting them hand the ball off a bunch.

Not a bad thought at all. lets get Ballenger in there and see what he can do. I doubt he would get batted down 4 times

Hawkins and his staff had one or two OL on the team when he arrived in Boulder. On top of that, he's had 3 recruiting periods to sign some OL.

He's signed plenty of o linemen, but if they break their ankles and get their acl's torn, that's not really the coach's fault, you know? Or maybe you think we should recruit the kind of linemen guaranteed not to get hurt?

He's signed plenty of o linemen, but if they break their ankles and get their acl's torn, that's not really the coach's fault, you know? Or maybe you think we should recruit the kind of linemen guaranteed not to get hurt?

No- injuries happen. Bad grades happen. And not just at CU, either.

It is the coaches' job to make sure there are enough OL in the program to overcome those sorts of injuries / poor grades / transfers / etc.

Or maybe you think we should recruit the kind of linemen guaranteed not to get hurt?

After seeing what has happened this season, I am all for that!

This game began and ended with our Oline. Our D actually played fairly well minus a few missed tackles. Just too many injuries up front though.

I just hope Hawk isn't so stubborn to not get a few of the backup QBs some snaps.

So is CU twice as good as they were in 2005?

Scored about twice as much and gave up about half as much as the 2005 disaster.:huh:

this game is depressing. i was hoping to stay up late and get bourboned....but, really, i think i'll finish this beer and have a pastrami sammich and get to bed around 10:30.

No- injuries happen. Bad grades happen. And not just at CU, either.

It is the coaches' job to make sure there are enough OL in the program to overcome those sorts of injuries / poor grades / transfers / etc.

It's the coach's job to recruit plenty of linemen; he can't do much about them being freshmen and sophomores.

Back