What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Missouri vs the Fuskers

They won nothing? I mean this is borderline husker talk.

They're 0 for forever in division titles and conference championships. They beat an obviously undermanned Va Tech team in the OBowl last year after skipping through an embarrasingly easy B12 schedule. They should have lost to CU, and did lose to the only other team on their schedule that was worth a damn. They have Jabba the Hut for a coach. They get no props from me.

I hate to say this, but this game reminds me of the OU/CU game last year. At least the perception of the game leading into it. Mizzery will be a huge favorite, on the road in a conference game against a team that is looking for redemption.

As much as I'd love to see a good old fashioned ass whoopin put on the pink skirts, I think this game will be close.
I have to disagree with you Sackman - MU hasen't won in Lincoln since 1978. The MU players want that streak to end this Saturday - it's just more gasoline on the fire. Virginia Tech has an anemic offense and rolled up 377 total yards and 35 points. MU has way to many options for the pink skirts to stop.
Kick back, chill and enjoy a good old fashioned ass whoopin. The pink skirts will be lucky to hold MU in the forties - I think it could really get crusty. I would not be surprised to see MU get in the 60's.
Husker fans - be considerate when trying to be the first one out of the parking lot at halftime!
emptyhuskerseats.JPG

Last edited:
They're 0 for forever in division titles and conference championships. They beat an obviously undermanned Va Tech team in the OBowl last year after skipping through an embarrasingly easy B12 schedule. They should have lost to CU, and did lose to the only other team on their schedule that was worth a damn. They have Jabba the Hut for a coach. They get no props from me.

thats one more BCS bowl than us or the huskers have won recently.

Husker fans - be considerate when trying to be the first one out of the parking lot at halftime!
View attachment 2558[/QUOTE]

This picture is classic i just had to quote it.

Mizzou: 55
Fuskers: 38

don't underestimate Shawn Watson's ability to turn a close game into a blowout with predictable playcalling that makes an offense disappear. Missouri by 25.

I saw on their boards that fans are beginning not to like Watson much. Wait till they see his script for a big game! Slow counter left. Slow counter left. bubble screen. punt. Slow counter right. Bootleg on second and long. Out pattern to an eligible tackle. punt. Toss sweep. Option play. Quarterback yells at sideline (yes, I'm sure watson puts that in the gameplan, cause it happened every game when Ochs and Klatt were sick of running for their lives) And for short yardage? A flanker sweep from an empty backfield, so that the defense not only knows where the ball is going but they can jump the snap when the only possible ball carrier crosses the qb. Or that really clever play where the offensive linemen line up by the sidelines and the qb and the center are the only guys in the middle of the field. That always worked great.

I don't think the stadium will be half full when the 4th quarter rolls around.
MU 49
Fuskers 21

Mizzou will roll them. Va Tech has one of the worst offenses in the country, ranked 112th or something, and hung 35 on them. That game was on the verge of a blowout until Swifts punt return for a TD. NU will need a lot more than that this week.:smile2:

How could anybody see this as a letdown game for Mizzou? I guarantee you every player is aware of the 30 year streak in Lincoln. Plus, MU may be the heavy favorite with the sparkling ranking, but Nebraska is still Nebraska and Mizzou still wants lots of revenge. Mizzou rolls, cold and efficient.

Thank god no one on Gameday besides Kenny Chesney picked us to win or it was a for sure loss!
This one has all the the makings for a terrible day as a Husker fan, the MU players will be breathing fire. The only thing I can see as a detriment is them being too jacked up - which is a possibility.
emptyhuskerseats.JPG

The only thing that will make me feel better tonight is a 60 point nebraska loss.

BRI: I am a bad Big 12 fan. :sorry:

:lol:

This is my only post on this thread. I think NU will win. And I couldn't give a crap about the the game either way. All I care about is us getting better and winning the rest of our games. I'll care about NU when we play them on T+1.

I think Bo Pelini must have some seriously powerful jaws.

Watching that guy on the sideline, he chews gum better than Violet Beauregarde.

I haven't seen the outbreak of the bubble screen I expected given that short bus is the corn OC. Could it be that the fondness for the bubble screen here at CU was Barney's?

I'm not sure if I feel any satisfaction in seeing Mizzou destroy the fuskers or not. Don't get me wrong I love seeing yet again how far *ebraska has fallen but it's a pyrrhic thing for me too. Mizzou might just be laying the groundwork for a decade of dominance of the BigXII north.

I'm not sure if I feel any satisfaction in seeing Mizzou destroy the fuskers or not. Don't get me wrong I love seeing yet again how far *ebraska has fallen but it's a pyrrhic thing for me too. Mizzou might just be laying the groundwork for a decade of dominance of the BigXII north.

:rofl2:

Don't Bogart that doobie! I can use a hit after tonight's game. :smile2:

:rofl2:

Don't Bogart that doobie! I can use a hit after tonight's game. :smile2:

Heh, I appreciate your amusement but do you really think that Mizzou won't capitalize on their success and the fact that the north is currently fail-tastic? Who's going to challenge them? The mangino? Please. The mildcats? The fightin' fuskers? I hope I'm wrong but the stars seem to be aligning for them. Just sayin'.

Back