What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mister Jones Going to Look at Backup Plans

Just read the article again. FWIW, it sounds like Jones wouldn't shed any tears if the coaching staff was replaced as long as Hagan kept his job.

Recruiting is going to be terrible this year. At this point, other schools will simply tell our recruits hawkins will be fired.

Factor in Bohns quote for sticking with him for the season, and not beyond, will also weigh in.

We still have time. If CU goes 0-6 I think Bohn has to inform Hawkins he's done and then put someone in place before seasons end.

Last edited:
Do you have evidence to support your claim that he planted the seed in Jones' head? The way the excerpts read, Jones has already scheduled visits with other schools, and Ringo was asking him why.

Here's what I said, not a claim, but clearly a theory as evidenced only by the questions Kyle has asked other recruits.

That's what I believe happened here. I may be in the minority, but that's my perception.

and you went on:
Maybe he actually did what you said, but without evidence it seems kind of "conspiracy theoryish."

No, I think Kyle does it for the adrenaline of "breaking the story." Not because he wants to hurt CU recruiting. He doesn't care. He is in a battle to get people to read his stuff and keep the Buffzone boards and Scout boards active. (And Scout is a ghost town most of the time.) If he can generate panic amongst the fans with a story generated by his own inane questions to a recruit, then he does it.

You tell me: when did Kyle interview Mister Jones? If it was after the game which Jones did NOT attend in person on Friday, and the story is already published, then Kyle went out of his way to get Jones' reaction.

My opinion, based on Kyle's interview style.

If Kyle mentioning the possibility of Hawkins being fired was the first time Mister Jones had heard of it, then yes, it's bad journalism. He creates a scenario and asks people to react to it. Inexperienced teenagers who are just getting the hang of talking to reporters.

Here's what I said, not a claim, but clearly a theory as evidenced only by the questions Kyle has asked other recruits.

and you went on:

No, I think Kyle does it for the adrenaline of "breaking the story." Not because he wants to hurt CU recruiting. He doesn't care. He is in a battle to get people to read his stuff and keep the Buffzone boards and Scout boards active. (And Scout is a ghost town most of the time.) If he can generate panic amongst the fans with a story generated by his own inane questions to a recruit, then he does it.

You tell me: when did Kyle interview Mister Jones? If it was after the game which Jones did NOT attend in person on Friday, and the story is already published, then Kyle went out of his way to get Jones' reaction.

If Kyle mentioning the possibility of Hawkins being fired was the first time Mister Jones had heard of it, then yes, it's bad journalism. He creates a scenario and asks people to react to it. Inexperienced teenagers who are just getting the hang of talking to reporters.

I have not read the whole article because I'm not a member of the site, the excerpt posted here is a response to a question about why Jones had scheduling visits with other schools. My assumption is that it was this action that prompted Ringo to make the phone call or whatever.

I have not read the whole article because I'm not a member of the site, the excerpt posted here is a response to a question about why Jones had scheduling visits with other schools. My assumption is that it was this action that prompted Ringo to make the phone call or whatever.

Then someone would have notified Ringo on Saturday that Jones had scheduled official visits, since the comments were post-Toledo. Jones has not scheduled visits at this time, but he may.

Sep 13, 2009 "Jones said there is no timeline right now for when he will make official visits..."

I DONT think Kyle is always out for the best interest of the team, seems to always be chasing a strory like any journalist does. However, you cant say its exactly a secret that DH is in hot seat and MAY not be here next year?

Last edited:
I think Kyle is always out for the best interest of the team, seems to always be chasing a strory like any journalist does. However, you cant say its exactly a secret that DH is in hot seat and MAY not be here next year?

no. He has no opinion either way on CU, but controversy gets readers.

no. He has no opinion either way on CU, but controversy gets readers.

He was a Hawkins believer and supporter. It seems a couple things recently (things that centered around playing games with the media or outright telling lies) have pissed Ringo off because they affect his ability to do his job. I think he pretty much rolls with how the prevailing winds are blowing, though. IMO, he's not the type of reporter to call for Hawkins head while he's semi-popular and he's not the type of reporter to jump up in defense of a wildly unpopular coach.

He was a Hawkins believer and supporter. It seems a couple things recently (things that centered around playing games with the media or outright telling lies) have pissed Ringo off because they affect his ability to do his job. I think he pretty much rolls with how the prevailing winds are blowing, though. IMO, he's not the type of reporter to call for Hawkins head while he's semi-popular and he's not the type of reporter to jump up in defense of a wildly unpopular coach.

Ringo was ticked (IMO to read the tone of some of his posts) about the last scrimmage and practices being closed to media. He got the "scoop" that Hansen would start because someone tipped him off that Cody didn't play. Cody was just tired/injured, but Ringo didn't know.
Ringo was embarrassed that he predicted Hansen as the starter.

Quarterback Tyler Hansen will start the season opener for Colorado on Sunday night against Colorado State. It`s a gut feeling that could be totally wrong. The sophomore seems to have made some significant progress and probably has a bigger upside in the long run than Cody Hawkins.
http://www.buffzone.com/ci_13243560

Ringo is a tool. His "tough questions" are far overshadowed by repeating them ad nauseam in the coach's face. He's consistently outscooped by Rivals. It's totally believable that he would manufacture something in this way. But even if he didn't, he should just go away.

Ringo could have totally blew it and may have blown it in the past, but it sounds like Jones was already reconsidering after that CSU game when Hawkins told his team to, "not do too much". Losing to Toledo probably sealed it that he should look around. imo

Back