What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mizzou

Its not like Mizzou killed Illinois - they beat that team by ten points. Illinois held on for a three point victory at home against LA-Lafayette this weekend. Mizzou is maybe not as good as some on this board think. If we could fast forward our offense one year, then I think Mizzou would be very beatable. And I think OU would/will abuse Mizzou in the CCG.

Its not like Mizzou killed Illinois - they beat that team by ten points. Illinois held on for a three point victory at home against LA-Lafayette this weekend. Mizzou is maybe not as good as some on this board think. If we could fast forward our offense one year, then I think Mizzou would be very beatable. And I think OU would/will abuse Mizzou in the CCG.

Completely agree here. Their offense looks SICK so far. I'm sure they'll turn into the same old Okie lite, but if not...watch out!

sorry az. the grand poohbah of cfb has spoken. no one knows football like he and his black n gold twin. :thumbsup:

might be investing too much stock in the value of stars when it comes to recruiting, but their rapid ascent still perplexes me. same with kansas. a lot of it hinges on daniel and reesing, but wow - unexpected development. and to think that pinkel was on his way out after the failed brad smith years. the lesson is to give your coach lots of time.

this team is again making their case to be the best in the nation. don't anticipate missouri to let any games slip away until OU drops them again in december.

Or how about the even bigger picture and the Sooners record in those last 4 BCS games?:thumbsup:

Sorry, but I'll be rooting for the Tigers to beat you. I have had enough of OU embarrasing the Big 12 in a bowl game. At least Mizzou and Kansas could take care of their bowl opponents rather easily.

now see there you go again focusing on individuals games form the past few years and not the big picture.... overall OU is 24-16-1 in their bowl games.... .600 winning percentage..... not the best, but not bad either, if you compare it to a school's 12-16 bowl record, 24-16-1 is far better though, dont you agree?

and you dont really want to discuss embarrassing losses that reflect a negative light on the conference do you??

and your hatred for OU has been noted, along with Nebraska, USC, ND, tOSU, the Canes and almost every other school that has had more success than CU in their sports programs... no big deal to me.... oh and btw... really its no big deal who you root for.... ok? won't really determine the outcome of the game....:cool:

Last edited:
might be investing too much stock in the value of stars when it comes to recruiting, but their rapid ascent still perplexes me. same with kansas. a lot of it hinges on daniel and reesing, but wow - unexpected development. and to think that pinkel was on his way out after the failed brad smith years. the lesson is to give your coach lots of time.

this team is again making their case to be the best in the nation. don't anticipate missouri to let any games slip away until OU drops them again in december.

The one thing that Pinkel has managed to do that no other Mizzou coach has done is lock up the state's borders. Missouri produces a surprising amount of talent that NU, Iowa, and Illinois used to frequently poach. Now, all of them are going to MU and he is free to start going into surrounding states (particularly Iowa and Illinois) and start grabbing their players too. Hawk is starting to do the same in CO. It's rule #1 as a recruiter and it is working for Pinkel.

i wouldn't be surprised to see OU lose to Texas and/or at OSU. just a gut feeling.

Consider how intense those rivalries are, it wouldn't surprise me if either one put together a huge game and pulled out a win.

But OU should beat both of them this season... OU and Mizzou are the two best teams in the Big XII - hands down.

But who gives a ****?? :gobuffs:

But OU should beat both of them this season... OU and Mizzou are the two best teams in the Big XII - hands down.

The wild card in the Big 12 is Texas. They play both OU and Mizzou too. Wouldn't surprise me one bit to see Texas make some national noise.

mizzou is dick. Colorado needs to just batter the **** out their weak Mike Leach offense by not giving a **** if recievers make the catch but battering the living s##t out of them. That goes for coffman as well.

THe buffs need to get physical with mizzou, and they will get scared.

As for OU, get back to me when the NCAA actually punishes you for your scheme recruiting and when you stop scheduling cupcakes. It's so easy to come in and run roughshod on teams when everyone else schedules Utah, SF, WV, Ark and you come in Conference play with cupcakes like chattanooga.

Keep up the bravery sooners.

As for OU, get back to me when the NCAA actually punishes you for your scheme recruiting and when you stop scheduling cupcakes. It's so easy to come in and run roughshod on teams when everyone else schedules Utah, SF, WV, Ark and you come in Conference play with cupcakes like chattanooga.

Keep up the bravery sooners.

might do a little research there on OU's past schedulse bub.... OU has only schedule 2 subdivision (formerly IIA) schools in the 10 years Bob Stoops has been HC, 1997 and 2008. This year was only because a Div 1 school backed out last fall....

OU ooc sched not that bad this year, compare Chattanooga, Cincinnati, and Washington against, say, Western Michigan, San Jose St, and New Mexico St. :lol:

But you do have to wonder about the ego of those who post on other teams' boards, incessantly filling in their team's stats where not really warranted. On the other hand, who really gives a sh!t what they think?

I'm not going to deny that mizzou looks talented. Just consider for a second though that no one gave the Buffs even a puncher's chance against OU last year and they pulled off the upset. People always talk about Texas Tech like they are unstoppable offensively... the Buffs have beaten them two years in a row. The kids on the mizzou football team are just like the kids on CU's team. They put their pants on one leg at a time. Let's give the Buffs some credit they are talented, hard working athletes that play for a program with far more tradition, pride and success than mizzou. The tigers are 'new money' in college football. Let them win a few titles before we act like they are something to be feared.

OU ooc sched not that bad this year, compare Chattanooga, Cincinnati, and Washington against, say, Western Michigan, San Jose St, and New Mexico St. :lol:

But you do have to wonder about the ego of those who post on other teams' boards, incessantly filling in their team's stats where not really warranted. On the other hand, who really gives a sh!t what they think?

Eh, he is married to a big Buff fan, so he is the in-law nobody wants to talk about around here.......:smile2:

Plus he is a good cook, so we keep him and let him ramble on about OU stuff. Not a totally bad trade off. Plus he totally hooks up his person he is Secret Santa for with lots of CU stuff so they look awesome! (or at least, their little girls do!)

In fact, looking back, I will vote you off the island before him....:thumbsup: But that is not needed, so all can stay! (BTW, while OU is his primary team, CU is his second fav team. He just prolly figures we don't need stats on CU)

Eh, he is married to a big Buff fan, so he is the in-law nobody wants to talk about around here.......:smile2:

Plus he is a good cook, so we keep him and let him ramble on about OU stuff. Not a totally bad trade off. Plus he totally hooks up his person he is Secret Santa for with lots of CU stuff so they look awesome! (or at least, their little girls do!)

In fact, looking back, I will vote you off the island before him....:thumbsup: But that is not needed, so all can stay! (BTW, while OU is his primary team, CU is his second fav team. He just prolly figures we don't need stats on CU)

:rock::iagree:

UBT is one of the most genuinely cool people you'll ever meet. Don't knock him until you meet him. I can forgive his okie allegiances.

UBT - you have to wear that sooners hat at the UT game this year. It's our good luck charm!

:thumbsup:

He IS okie, though, so you gotta be careful that it doesn't rub off on you. :smile2:

UBT - you have to wear that sooners hat at the UT game this year. It's our good luck charm!

:thumbsup:

will do.....

and thanks guys for the kind words....

smoked brisket and sausage on the 10/4 before the CU/tu game..... I'll be the one in a crimson OU hat....:smile2:

I'm not going to deny that mizzou looks talented. Just consider for a second though that no one gave the Buffs even a puncher's chance against OU last year and they pulled off the upset. People always talk about Texas Tech like they are unstoppable offensively... the Buffs have beaten them two years in a row. The kids on the mizzou football team are just like the kids on CU's team. They put their pants on one leg at a time. Let's give the Buffs some credit they are talented, hard working athletes that play for a program with far more tradition, pride and success than mizzou. The tigers are 'new money' in college football. Let them win a few titles before we act like they are something to be feared.

I will be rooting like hell for CU to beat Missery in that game. I'm already tired of hearing their annoying a$$ fans talk about how good they are.

Missouri has the potential to be an awesome team, year in and year out. They are the only D-1 football school in a large state with two major metropolitan areas in it. Columbia is roughly an hour drive from both St. Louis and Kansas City. Virtually no other school in the conference has that kind of advantage. Texas has A&M & Tech to contend with (albeit with a larger talent base to draw from). *ebraska is a much smaller state. Oklahoma and OSU share a state, and CU has to compete with CSU and Air Force for attention in a smaller state. Missouri's problem in the past was always that they had doofuses for coaches. Well, they still have a doofus, but he's managed to put together a pretty good squad that will be strong for a very long time if he sticks around.

might do a little research there on OU's past schedulse bub.... OU has only schedule 2 subdivision (formerly IIA) schools in the 10 years Bob Stoops has been HC, 1997 and 2008. This year was only because a Div 1 school backed out last fall....

If I remember correctly...that D1 schools was Middle Tennessee State. Might as well be D2 anyway.

If I remember correctly...that D1 schools was Middle Tennessee State. Might as well be D2 anyway.

correct you are.... :lol: they dropped OU for Troy who whupped em 31-17.... probably not as bad as what would have happened in Norman if MTSU had honored the contract..... :thumbsup:

apparently, this site turns out to be just another pointless clique. you can have it.

Back