What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Montez vs. Noyer

Not even a discussion!!! Obviously the coaches decided he was mentally screwed up and needed not to be out there tonight.
We must get to 6 wins any way possible, and Steven is the best QB, and the point about his stats and the scores they have produced???

Montez.

Somehow he came on late vs OREGON State yet the coaching staff abandoned him and played Noyer who was even worse for like 7 drives??????

Montez. I don't know what happened to the guy who scored touchdowns on every 2nd half possession in the two previous games.

I do. We played a defense with a pulse.

To the OP's question, I think it should still be Montez, but the difference between the two is a lot murkier than I thought it was.
It was very clear when Noyer went in that the offense moved a lot smoother. He made quicker decisions and more accurate throws on short to intermediate routes.

I'd given Montez another shot though, it's kind of disheartening to see him fall so far. First, his deep throws started to veer off course, then his short and intermediate throws became erratic. I don't know how this happens. The best pass of the night came from Markberry.

WSU defense was not that good!
I strongly believe that Montez suffered a concussion last week and it was not properly diagnosed. He is still obviously suffering those affects. Sometimes the symptoms and other factors do not show up until you get your blood pumping more and more.
He will hopefully recover fully this week, and will now be laser focused on regaining this QB job!
If we are at the point that Noyer is our QB, then we are done.
We must find a way to win 6 games no matter what!

I do. We played a defense with a pulse.

To the OP's question, I think it should still be Montez, but the difference between the two is a lot murkier than I thought it was.
It was very clear when Noyer went in that the offense moved a lot smoother. He made quicker decisions and more accurate throws on short to intermediate routes.

I'd given Montez another shot though, it's kind of disheartening to see him fall so far. First, his deep throws started to veer off course, then his short and intermediate throws became erratic. I don't know how this happens. The best pass of the night came from Markberry.

Coaching, again. If Montez did suffer a concussion last week and played tonight anyway, then that's a different conversation. I'd have to watch the game again and focus on this, but I didn't see anything from him that stood out tonight versus the first....half last week. His decision making process is way too slow for this level of football, and he'd probably benefit long term from sitting a game. Play Noyer against Cal.

Last edited:
Noyer was more composed, had better footwork and threw better balls tonight. Montez has obviously superior talent, but I don't blame the coaches for yanking him when he can't make a read and runs thirty yards backward in response to pressure.

I think it is close to time to start prepping for 2018. If Montez is healthy, he's the guy because he gives us the best shot to be good next year if he can ever pull his head out of his ass, so he needs the reps.

I’m very disappointed in Montez, but I don’t think anybody could play well with this cream puff of an offensive line.

Moyer was better than Montez tonight. That’s not saying much though.

Not sure how the defense's slight improvement has anything to do with the incompetence of Montez.......still the same types of stuff we've been seeing. Holding onto the ball too long, short-arming passes. Too slow to make decisions and has no idea what the defense is doing and how to prepare for it. I think he'd benefit by sitting a game or two. Play Noyer.

The WSU defense faired way better against our run game than Arizona or OSU did. This kept us from getting easy play-action passes (the two TD throws to the TE in the zona game). The WSU also got more pressure than OSU did, and more than Arizona did in the second half.

The WSU defense faired way better against our run game than Arizona or OSU did. This kept us from getting easy play-action passes (the two TD throws to the TE in the zona game). The WSU also got more pressure than OSU did, and more than Arizona did in the second half.

I misread your original post.

FWIW-Howell on twitter says MM told him they'll go with whoever has the better week of practice.....also didn't rule out Marksberry. Good god.

He’s trying to light a fire under Montez’s butt.
Can we blame Montez’ performance on Sigma Nu? Sounds legit to me....

eY4H3wp.jpg

I wanna say Montez but he's definitely starting to get on my nerves. Yes it's the coach's job to have you ready to play, TO A POINT. The rest is on you as a player, that's how it works like it or not. Plus, when you get an opportunity, gotta take advantage of it. Being scared to death is gonna get you nowhere quickly.

Well I know that Montez isn't going through progression, he reads one side and can't even do that. One play in particular, a 3rd down and yes I know about that down lol, he threw a deep curl or comeback route instead of the flat man with nobody within 20 yards of him, maybe. He didn't even look there. He does, dude is probably still running, couldn't tell who it was out there.

Montez is the superior athlete. However, he’s been so wild with his throws all year that one has to wonder exactly what’s going on.

Is it mental?
Is it mechanical?
Is it bad reads?

Either way, a qb who throws for 2 yards in an entire half MUST take a portion of the blame as far as readiness and execution.

The O coordinators need to take blame for not working in getting him some easier reads and routes when he was showing to be ineffective.

The hot hand should play at this point. Just don’t burn Lytles red shirt on this bad season.

Maybe Montez should be more worried about watching film and staying after practice to work on fundamentals instead of keg stands and frat parties. His lack of focus and preparation is showing on the field.

Montez.
He's our best hope of winning six...we wont win six...because of playcalling, OL and DL.
Lindgren needs to adjust and adapt the offense to Montez skill set, stop trying to make him a pocket passer, especially when ther is no pocket.

I'm not too worried about Montez. Tough environment against a good defense in a pouring rain. Yeah he sucked but he should finish out the rest of the year unless he continues this vs Cal

I'm thinking it has to be Montez, unless the coaches are seeing something in his attitude that is a red flag. If that's the case, by all means, bench him and please do the same with a couple senior WR's.

Noyer deserves some props. From the beginning, the group think on him has been pessimistic due to his lack of offers as a recruit. He seems to have gone about his business in a workmanlike manor and has now put himself in the conversation for a starting role, if not this year then certainly in 2018. I liked what I saw from him last night.

Back