What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Montez Was Sensational

Excellent night for the young man. Football might night be his full time job, but it could be. The tools are there.

Best way to describe Steven Montez!
If Peyton Manning could possess SM then yesterday is what we get! If Johnny Manziel possesses him, then AFA is what you get. He is a goofy lighthearted guy that does not take his craft completely seriously like his life depends on it. Yesterday, he had a totally different LOOK to his eyes. He was on, and maybe Coach Tucker and Johnson had “The talk” with him! This team could and should be 4-0! Keep the BENCH MONTEZ thread on standby.

This is why saying things like, “Buffs haven’t won in Tempe” or “Buffs are a bad road team” or “Hard to see 2 more wins on the schedule” just doesn’t matter/apply to this team. It’s clear at this point that we have a staff who knows how to get the team ready to play on the road, stay focused for 4 Quarters, not shrink in the moment, beat teams that are as good or maybe better, etc.

As fans, we should no longer believe there is a such thing as a no hoper, particularly this season.
giphy.gif

Sunday after win is always fun but ESPN College Football Final disappoints again with a lack of CU Buff highlights. 3 sports center highlight ready catches from Tony Brown and not one makes the recap?
Exactly what you should expect from the SEC network.

Not sure if someone has said it in this thread yet, but I've been really impressed with Montez's post-game comments every week, win or lose. He is consistently quick to own up to his mistakes and even quicker to heap praise on his teammates, even when reporters are trying to compliment him. Dude has been incredibly mature this year.

before the game, they had MT miked up and he was talking to montez during warmups. he kept saying something like ice montez, stay icy, that kind of thing. whatever they did, it worked. the dude was a stone cold killer from start to finish; no happy feet, good reads, kept plays alive, and then, of course, made a couple of throws that only a handful of guys can make.

great game.

before the game, they had MT miked up and he was talking to montez during warmups. he kept saying something like ice montez, stay icy, that kind of thing. whatever they did, it worked. the dude was a stone cold killer from start to finish; no happy feet, good reads, kept plays alive, and then, of course, made a couple of throws that only a handful of guys can make.

great game.
Link or gtfo

Mel Tucker is in the process of making Rick George look like an even more competent genius.

I had the fortunate opportunity to sit near those two at a small "on the road" lunch event earlier this year and it is obvious that they have a great rapport.

Exactly what you should expect from the SEC network.

Actually, the ESPN Gameday crew had a full discussion about the game and even included it in their picks. Only Desmond outright picked the Buffs. The others were equivocal but picked ASU. I love that show.

I had the fortunate opportunity to sit near those two at a small "on the road" lunch event earlier this year and it is obvious that they have a great rapport.
In Tucker’s first podcast he somewhat mentioned that they got into a fairly heated disagreement about something, so it’s saying something that they can do that and maintain a very good relationship.

In Tucker’s first podcast he somewhat mentioned that they got into a fairly heated disagreement about something, so it’s saying something that they can do that and maintain a very good relationship.

They had like 1.5 hours in the Newport Beach venue I attended before moving on to somewhere else on the SoCal Fundraising Road Trip, and it coincided with lunchtime before traveling somewhere else. George quietly said to Tucker (like an uncle): "Make sure you eat something."

Actually, the ESPN Gameday crew had a full discussion about the game and even included it in their picks. Only Desmond outright picked the Buffs. The others were equivocal but picked ASU. I love that show.
Good on ya. I can't recall the last time I watched ESPN, outside of a game.

Good Lord... I go away for the weekend and climb a couple of 14ers, then I come back see this thread. Anything good happen this weekend? AllBuffs is scitzophrenic.

Kudos to Offensive line and Montez, entire team and staff and proud of them all, we do not fear the fork!!! Now let's see if MM can keep it up...history shows he has more bad games inside him...perhaps Coach Tucker had a "You must play better" intervention with him, or simplified the offense, who knows??? Anyone notice if he actually went through his reads and had some checks at LOS? Anyhow, get some game time for Stenstrom, so if Montez finishes out season, you have the next young guy with game experience...and if Montez goes down, same logic...Go Buffs, beat Arizona ghetto ball...

Kudos to Offensive line and Montez, entire team and staff and proud of them all, we do not fear the fork!!! Now let's see if MM can keep it up...history shows he has more bad games inside him...perhaps Coach Tucker had a "You must play better" intervention with him, or simplified the offense, who knows??? Anyone notice if he actually went through his reads and had some checks at LOS? Anyhow, get some game time for Stenstrom, so if Montez finishes out season, you have the next young guy with game experience...and if Montez goes down, same logic...Go Buffs, beat Arizona ghetto ball...
MM?

I didn’t see any evidence that they simplified the offense.

I couldn't be more proud of him. I thought he was amazing and really pushed this team to an important victory. I've always been a big Montez fan. I admit that his bad games can be very painful but it's games like this that show us how great he can be.

Back