What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Most obnoxious fan bases

You buffies should be in there. I heard You had Ram pinatas at some frat party lat night.
None of you cu punks are even from Colorado. Go back to Jersey, So Cal, and all the other places they did not want you.:eiertritt:

Who told you to stop cleaning the toilets at the bus station? Get back to work, troll.

You buffies should be in there. I heard You had Ram pinatas at some frat party lat night.
None of you cu punks are even from Colorado. Go back to Jersey, So Cal, and all the other places they did not want you.:eiertritt:

Sorry, it's hard to get worked up over complete irrelevance.

They may go undefeated if they can get by USC, but a national title game appearance will be same song, different verse. I heard someone out of Chicago who covers the big 10 the other day saying OSU, outside of Pryor, is in big trouble. Said Boom Herron is average at best and called their OLine a bunch of fat guys parading as football players. Don't be surprised if they get beaten by a couple of average teams this season.

Aren't most teams' O-line "a bunch of fat guys parading as football players"? CU's is an exception.

I've heard there are issues though with those fat guys at tehOSU, such that I agree they could lose a couple, but the Big Eleven seems down overall, as much as when GB built his over-hyped rep at NW!

Nothing pisses off Texas fans more than singing I've been working on the railroad during their fight song. Haha I love doing it.
Now that's funny, laughed out loud on that one.:lol: Just out of curiosity why I've been working on the railroad?

[video=youtube;cTUJSEFKSBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTUJSEFKSBE[/video]

Now just sing 'I've been working on the railroad' right along with it.

I've been workin' on the railroad,
All the live long day.
I've been workin' on the railroad,
Just to pass the time away.
Don't you hear the whistle blowing?
Rise up so early in the morn.
Don't you hear the captain shouting
"Dinah, blow your horn?"

Dinah, won't you blow,
Dinah, won't you blow,
Dinah, won't you blow your horn?
Dinah, won't you blow,
Dinah, won't you blow,
Dinah, won't you blow your horn?

Someone's in the kitchen with Dinah.
Someone's in the kitchen, I know.
Someone's in the kitchen with Dinah
Strumming on the old banjo.

Fee, fie, fiddle-e-i-o.
Fee, fie, fiddle-e-i-o-o-o-o.
Fee, fie, fiddle-e-i-o.
Strumming on the old banjo.

University of Miami Hurricane fans are garbage. At least Ohio State and Texas fans are consistent when they're winning or losing, and many at least know the history of their program. The vast majority of Hurricane fans didn't even go to UM, nor can they name more than half of the starters and only show up in good numbers when the team is already winning.

Back in the national championship days of the early 2000's, their games were sold out. Now the majority of UM fans would trade their program for a 2 day pass to Disney World. They suck

mizzou is starting to creep up the list

they're weird. they've always had a kind of negative vibe but now they act like they've been a top 10 team for 20 years (and even the last two seasons success didn't really ever truly sniff the upper echelon...OU and UT buried them every time and they lost to KU).

University of Notre Dame fans are garbage. At least Ohio State and Texas fans are consistent when they're winning or losing, and many at least know the history of their program. The vast majority of Irish fans didn't even go to ND, nor can they name more than half of the starters and only show up in good numbers when the team is already winning.

Back in the national championship days of the early 1900's, their games were sold out. Now the majority of ND fans would trade their program for a 2 day pass to The Vatican. They suck

fify

University of Miami Hurricane fans are garbage. At least Ohio State and Texas fans are consistent when they're winning or losing, and many at least know the history of their program. The vast majority of Hurricane fans didn't even go to UM, nor can they name more than half of the starters and only show up in good numbers when the team is already winning.

Back in the national championship days of the early 2000's, their games were sold out. Now the majority of UM fans would trade their program for a 2 day pass to Disney World. They suck

Couldn't agree more. Miami fans are human garbage. No need to fix this post, it's perfect.

At the Big 12 media days the players voted on who had the worst fans and Texas Tech won hands down. I guess that's the first time I had heard that. Has anyone experienced that?

At the Big 12 media days the players voted on who had the worst fans and Texas Tech won hands down. I guess that's the first time I had heard that. Has anyone experienced that?

Neuveau riche fans tend to be the worst. Tech has had some success lately, but historically has been an also-ran. Same deal with Miami fans. They think football was invented in 1984. :rolleyes:

It's also a factor of a lot of pent up frustrations over the years. CU used to have a bad reputation because we had been kicked around for so long that when we got good, we took it out on the opposing fan base. We don't do that quite so much anymore, unless it's *ebraska. We still kick them in the teeth whenever we have the opportunity.

Same deal with Tech. Their fans have been playing third fiddle in Texas for as long as I can remember. When they finally have a team that can play with the big boys, their fans become insufferable.

I feel dumber for reading that.... and this thread....

I think Lisa Horne just had a template that said....

"(team) lives in the past. (coach) thinks he is god. (fans) don't think their crap stinks.

Really? How do you really rate this anyway?

The tech fans were top notch in 2007. They are probably annoying if you were an Aggie or Whorn fan, or from some other rival school in the B12 south. But they were extremely nice to me, even after we beat them. They'd tell me about their last vacation to Colorado and how pretty the mountains are. All I had to do was accept the beer they offered me and nod. So far as I'm concerned, Tech holds top spot in the conference to interact with other fans and watch the Buffs.

So far as I'm concerned, Tech holds top spot in the conference to interact with other fans and watch the Buffs.

That guns up $hyte has to stop though. Nuthin' more lame @ss than a group of blonde, middle-aged women with their thumbs cocked and index fingers in the air.

That guns up $hyte has to stop though. Nuthin' more lame @ss than a group of blonde, middle-aged women with their thumbs cocked and index fingers in the air.

Annoying Texas football hand gestures
#1 Hook 'em horns: Index & Pinkey up, thumb over middle & ring. That **** is everywhere.
(1B - OU fans turning Hook 'em upside down.)
#2 Gig 'em Aggies. Thumb up. They know where they can stick it.
#3 Baylor's Bear Claw. Few things are less terrifying than watching a Baptist freshman pawing the air with claws out
#4 SMU two fingers. The cub scouts should sue.
#5 Guns Up. Be careful where you point that thing.

http://susannataliefreeman.com/SWC/Handsigns.html

Last edited by a moderator:
they're weird. they've always had a kind of negative vibe but now they act like they've been a top 10 team for 20 years (and even the last two seasons success didn't really ever truly sniff the upper echelon...OU and UT buried them every time and they lost to KU).

I don't have any experience with Mizzou fans, but I always thought this was funny.

View attachment 3919

http://allbuffs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37356&highlight=tech&page=2

Jay, I submit to you my field experience at Tech as a member of Austin media. Though I believe Tech is rather indifferent toward the North Division, so while they may lead the conference there's no way I'd put them in the same league as, say, LSU.

Jay, I submit to you my field experience at Tech as a member of Austin media. Though I believe Tech is rather indifferent toward the North Division, so while they may lead the conference there's no way I'd put them in the same league as, say, LSU.

I have had family members go to games at all the Big 12 schools and they said that the fans were always very nice in the south and that they never had any problems. I had never heard any bad about Tech, but they got 32% of the votes. Kansas was 2nd with 16%, so it wasn't even close.

i went to the 01 and 03 Sugar Bowls with my dad (he did legal work for Nokia before he semi-retired)...and LSU fan is really scary to me. it's medieval weirdness with those people and lots of bourbon. a fan-base that is beer drunk is one thing, bourbon another. they scared the hell out of Illinois fan in the Quarter. OU fan seemed to hold their own, but still kind of afraid of the dude who spits on the grandmother in the OU gear and yells "Tigah Bait". that's a gear LSU fan has that wasn't matched.

about 10% of LSU fans are the nicest people you'll ever meet. well-heeled, gentile. it's the other 90% that are about a half-step for pitchforks, torches and tarring and feathering.

i went to the 01 and 03 Sugar Bowls with my dad (he did legal work for Nokia before he semi-retired)...and LSU fan is really scary to me. it's medieval weirdness with those people and lots of bourbon. a fan-base that is beer drunk is one thing, bourbon another. they scared the hell out of Illinois fan in the Quarter. OU fan seemed to hold their own, but still kind of afraid of the dude who spits on the grandmother in the OU gear and yells "Tigah Bait". that's a gear LSU fan has that wasn't matched.

about 10% of LSU fans are the nicest people you'll ever meet. well-heeled, gentile. it's the other 90% that are about a half-step for pitchforks, torches and tarring and feathering.

I have been to one Ole Miss/LSU game at Ole Miss but everyone will tell you things are much different at tiger stadium. There main objective is to make you so miserable until you get up and leave. Then they move on to the next victim. You don't dare bring your wife or kids because it would be impossible to defend their honor. Also, plan on your car getting vandalized while you are there having such a swell time.

As much as I hated that the LSU game was dropped from our future schedule (only 3 hr drive for me), I was very relieved.

Back