What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

My season prediction after spring practices

Mahnke smacked you around IMO. You guys essentially beat us by 2 points. Similar teams will meet this Fall, but we're at home (giving us the theoretical advantage). I don't understand the Husker's confidence

I will be curious to see Mahnke hit someone DURING a play as opposed to after the whistle or when a person is not in the play. He does know how to tacle by the head gear and not get caught.

I will be curious to see Mahnke hit someone DURING a play as opposed to after the whistle or when a person is not in the play. He does know how to tacle by the head gear and not get caught.

Take a look at Unleash's sig, pretty sure that's in play. And that tackle is legal there buddy, as long as it's not helmet to helmet

Take a look at Unleash's sig, pretty sure that's in play. And that tackle is legal there buddy, as long as it's not helmet to helmet

When he laid the hit on Niles Paul, I swear every middle finger in the south endzone shot straight up in the air. Not a very classy move on our part. The dude can straight up play though. He's pretty fearsome.

CU coaches outcoached you guys.

***I think you mean: we got spotted 14 on the road, got a gift fake for a TD and STILL lost. We got outcoached***

I love the stat argument. You want me to bring up some stats from some NU/CU games that NU won? I will be happy. I know of several where CU outgained NU and the fuskers won.

**Please point me to these "several" so I can research**

1996 maybe?
2000 maybe/ pretty even game, I think
1998 possibly?

I'm not sure even those were much more than pushes in most categories.

I'm struggling to remember one where the statistical advantage made me say "man, we got lucky there".

The one on the receiver was clearly an illegal hit as the ball was uncatchable. It was a good hit though. Not a knockout shot like many would like to believe. The legend grows more as it is relived.

The hit by the other Safety last year in Boulder was much better.

Learn how to multi-quote so we can read what you're saying. There's no gifts in football. We practiced how to blow up that fake FG all week and you ran it and it worked as planned. That is not a gift

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah troll waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Learn how to multi-quote so we can read what you're saying. There's no gifts in football. We practiced how to blow up that fake FG all week and you ran it and it worked as planned. That is not a gift

Well, Henery practices 60 yard field goals in practice so what was your point again?

I remember a mistake or two by our coach in that game. Like not calling a timeout late in the 1st half to ensure that:

1. Either we'd get a chance to block a punt, or:
2. We'd at least prevent NU from attempting a hail mary pass on 4th down

It's ironic for us to call out NU for having false confidence. Our very own HC, who has yet to produce a winning season for the Buffs, is out spouting around that we'll win 10 games this year. This after a 5-7 season?

What are you sykos live child? What was our record in 2000? Last year is last year

Last year was last year? Yet here we are, claiming we will be better than NU because we ALMOST beat them LAST YEAR.

Snowbuff's point is that in 2000 we went 3-8. Guess what our record was the following year? Actually I will just tell you: 10-3. Turnarounds can happen and considering the multitude of players that will play this year (hopefully) after being injured last year, yeah I think we should have some confidence going into this season. I'm really enjoying looking ahead to the season with high hopes and plans on winning 10 games. Sorry you can't share those feelings. Sucks being a pessimist.

Snowbuff's point is that in 2000 we went 3-8. Guess what our record was the following year? Actually I will just tell you: 10-3. Turnarounds can happen and considering the multitude of players that will play this year (hopefully) after being injured last year, yeah I think we should have some confidence going into this season. I'm really enjoying looking ahead to the season with high hopes and plans on winning 10 games. Sorry you can't share those feelings. Sucks being a pessimist.

And you don't think the Huskers should have a bit more confidence for their team than you do for ours?

Yes, turnarounds CAN happen, but it does not mean they WILL happen.

I'm a realist.

And you don't think the Huskers should have a bit more confidence for their team than you do for ours?

Yes, turnarounds CAN happen, but it does not mean they WILL happen.

I'm a realist.

No, they lost a great quarterback and a good running back. Their offense will suffer a little. They should have confidence, but we barely lost anyone.

No, they lost a great quarterback and a good running back. Their offense will suffer a little. They should have confidence, but we barely lost anyone.

They lost their RB that averaged 4.1 YPC, they return their RB that averaged 6.7 YPC and ran rampant on our defense.

9-4 compared to 5-7. I think they can overcome losing Ganz, who was barely above average IMO.

I'm a realist.

no your a negative nancy...

cartman.jpg

By the way, my season prediction stands at 7-5. Considering we haven't had a winning season under Hawkins yet, and we were 5-7 last year, I'd say that's pretty fair.

By the way, my season prediction stands at 7-5. Considering we haven't had a winning season under Hawkins yet, and we were 5-7 last year, I'd say that's pretty fair.

Just a bit of unsolicited advice...just add "that Beak is an A-hole" to any post and you will be accepted.

Whatever you do, do not be civil and try to post factual info. Rather than have a conversation, you will be put on ignore. Boy, does that sting. Don't worry though, that's a good thing. Means your points are valid.

Always remember if all they have is insults, you are really striking a chord.

You are now a sunshine pumped for the fuskers? Troll alert.

Anyone who thinks a fan who predicts a 7-5 record is a "pessimist", is loaded up on kool-aid.

We were 5-7 folks. Hawkins hasn't had a winning season here yet. 7-5 is NOT a pessimistic view.

Just a bit of unsolicited advice...just add "that Beak is an A-hole" to any post and you will be accepted.

Whatever you do, do not be civil and try to post factual info. Rather than have a conversation, you will be put on ignore. Boy, does that sting. Don't worry though, that's a good thing. Means your points are valid.

Always remember if all they have is insults, you are really striking a chord.

There are many *ebraska posters on this board who contribute positively. You aren't one of them.

There are many *ebraska posters on this board who contribute positively. You aren't one of them.

How about re-posting some of my negative/flat out flaming posts to back that up?

I have a feeling you will find them under the same stack of papers that Unleash is looking under for those "stats he's gonna give me".

I'm pretty sure I just call B.S when someone posts it or I ask for something to substantiate a claim. Nothing too negative about that.

How about re-posting some of my negative/flat out flaming posts to back that up?

I have a feeling you will find them under the same stack of papers that Unleash is looking under for those "stats he's gonna give me".

I'm pretty sure I just call B.S when someone posts it or I ask for something to substantiate a claim. Nothing too negative about that.
evilbeak=
trolls-doll-red-hair.jpg

Anyone who thinks a fan who predicts a 7-5 record is a "pessimist", is loaded up on kool-aid.

We were 5-7 folks. Hawkins hasn't had a winning season here yet. 7-5 is NOT a pessimistic view.
Way to ignore the point.

Back