What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NCAA 2024 Tourney game thread - #5 seed WOMEN'S Bball - 2nd round game @ #4 seed Kansas State (Manhattan, KS; Sunday, 3/24, Noon MT; ESPN)

Kinda grumpy that we have Iowa in the Sweet Sixteen for the second consecutive year. I suppose it's our fault for not winning more games down the stretch, but it's going to be a tall order to play Caitlyn Clark right now. Things feel almost predestined for her. It's going to take the best game this team has ever played to knock Iowa out of the tournament.

Refs are serving up some home cookin' in Iowa City tonight. WVU is hanging with the Hawkeyes, but it's 5-vs-8 on the floor right now. Hopefully we/they don't get the same treatment from the refs at the neutral site...(assuming Iowa wins tonight.)

Iowa just had their sixth foul called against them with 23 seconds left in the game. Yikes.

It's not about whether wvu is playing physical defense or not. Call whatever you want if you think the play is too physical, just call it the same way for both side.

Yes, the calls were definitely Iowa friendly. The one under the basket where both girls had arms hooked, usually the one that goes down is the one pulling, not the one behind. Should have been a double foul if anything.

Somebody in the next presser should casually mention that they have heard the rumors that the NCAA wants an LSU Iowa rematch and that is why there was a big foul discrepancy, but we believe in the integrity of the game and the fairness of the officials, so we aren't worried about the calls going against us. We just need to play our game, tough, disciplined defense and rebounding. The rest will take care of itself. Now once something like that is said in a presser, it sets the stage for the officials of the game to make damn sure that the calls are even.

Send the question to Brian Howell. He will have media access if the Camera decides they can send him to Albany.

Loving the Pac 12 got 5 teams in the Sweet Sixteen. Not liking that Utah was put in a hotel in Coeur d'Alene and couldn't walk around town without racial epitaphs happening. Why would the NCAA put a team in a hotel in Coeur d'Alene of all places with all the white nationalists that live there.

We can win this. Iowa doesn't usually encounter our kind of defense. However, with the problems we have with 3 point shooters, Caitlin Clark could go off. If that happens we are in trouble.

Kylee Blacksten, who plays at West Virginia, spent 2 seasons at Colorado. Didn't get a lot of minutes. Now a senior at WV. Guessing she will play her Covid year

Send the question to Brian Howell. He will have media access if the Camera decides they can send him to Albany.

Loving the Pac 12 got 5 teams in the Sweet Sixteen. Not liking that Utah was put in a hotel in Coeur d'Alene and couldn't walk around town without racial epitaphs happening. Why would the NCAA put a team in a hotel in Coeur d'Alene of all places with all the white nationalists that live there.

We can win this. Iowa doesn't usually encounter our kind of defense. However, with the problems we have with 3 point shooters, Caitlin Clark could go off. If that happens we are in trouble.

Kylee Blacksten, who plays at West Virginia, spent 2 seasons at Colorado. Didn't get a lot of minutes. Now a senior at WV. Guessing she will play her Covid year
Idaho better not be getting another NCAA event any time soon. 🤬🤬🤬 Also - name the hotel so the public can apply pressure to either change or go bankrupt. So pissed that what should have been one of the most special memories of these young women's lives was sh!t upon.

Idaho better not be getting another NCAA event any time soon. 🤬🤬🤬 Also - name the hotel so the public can apply pressure to either change or go bankrupt. So pissed that what should have been one of the most special memories of these young women's lives was sh!t upon.
I don't feel it's (only) the hotel's fault or responsibility. This is a 'systemic' failing of many people and groups in northern Idaho.

"According to an incident report from the Coeur d’Alene Police Department, team members had gone out to dinner when two pickup trucks "were revving their engines and speeding by the team" as they walked down the street." (and being cursed at)

The tournament is being held in Spokane and don't know why the team was staying in Couer d'Alene. They moved the team out of the hotel there to Spokane.

I'm pissed too.

From what I heard, it was not necessarily the hotel's fault. They can't really control what some whackos from their town do. Awful though.

Why the **** did they not have a hotel in the STATE that the event was in anyway? And having security with them that has no jurisdiction there?

JFC NCAA.
It looks like they were stalked by racists who followed in their trucks while yelling racist insults all the way to the hotel. Hotel wasn't able to make them feel safe.

Idaho was hosting the men's 1st/2nd rounds in Spokane, so almost all the hotels were booked and blocked for that, so when Gonzaga was awarded a host site for the women's bracket, there were no hotels available in Spokane, so they booked the nearest site they could that fell within the 30 min (or 30 mile, can't remember) drive rule for team hotels. After the incident, tournament officials were able to relocate the team to Spokane into a hotel that had been vacated by one of the losing men's teams.

Idaho has become a bastion for white nationalists, which is sad.

Idaho was hosting the men's 1st/2nd rounds in Spokane, so almost all the hotels were booked and blocked for that, so when Gonzaga was awarded a host site for the women's bracket, there were no hotels available in Spokane, so they booked the nearest site they could that fell within the 30 min (or 30 mile, can't remember) drive rule for team hotels. After the incident, tournament officials were able to relocate the team to Spokane into a hotel that had been vacated by one of the losing men's teams.

Idaho has become a bastion for white nationalists, which is sad.
I remember during the OJ trial that Idaho was the retirement destination for Mark Furman and others of his ilk.

It's not new that Idaho is full of racists. I haven't been out that way since we played in Billings and I drove to Spokane to visit a friend on the off day. The Aryan Nation was in Idaho then.

If what I read on Twitter is right, the hotel is owned by people who donate to white nationalists.

Utah moved and was able to get a hotel closer to Spokane.

Apparently the boys' state volleyball tournament was happening.

None of that excuses what happened to the Utah team.

A men's team was also staying at the hotel, so this was on the list of approved hotels.

It's not new that Idaho is full of racists. I haven't been out that way since we played in Billings and I drove to Spokane to visit a friend on the off day. The Aryan Nation was in Idaho then.

If what I read on Twitter is right, the hotel is owned by people who donate to white nationalists.

Utah moved and was able to get a hotel closer to Spokane.

Apparently the boys' state volleyball tournament was happening.

None of that excuses what happened to the Utah team.

A men's team was also staying at the hotel, so this was on the list of approved hotels.
There was a girl’s regional club volleyball tournament of some sort going on, in addition to the men’s and women’s games. That was most of the hotel where I was staying.

I spent spring break up at Schweitzer and I decided that it wasn’t in my interest to mention that I was from Portland.

I don't feel it's (only) the hotel's fault or responsibility. This is a 'systemic' failing of many people and groups in northern Idaho.

"According to an incident report from the Coeur d’Alene Police Department, team members had gone out to dinner when two pickup trucks "were revving their engines and speeding by the team" as they walked down the street." (and being cursed at)

The tournament is being held in Spokane and don't know why the team was staying in Couer d'Alene. They moved the team out of the hotel there to Spokane.

I'm pissed too.
We were in Spokane (our son is seriously looking at attending Gonzaga in the fall) and were at the Gonzaga v Utah game. Utah lost because they couldn't make the multitude of open treys they had in the first half while the Zags hit a very high % while taking fewer. It was too much for Utah to overcome in the second half. Whether or not it the racist incident in Coeur d'Alene impacted the game is hard to know. We didn't hear about it until later that night.

As was mentioned, there was some sort of volleyball tourney in town and our hotel had a lot of families with middle school girls. And with the town also hosting early rounds so that mmay have influenced the booking of Utah's hotel in Idaho. My guess is that the concentration of white supremicists in the Idaho panhandle isn't widely known outside of the region or those of us who pay attention. So someone opened up Expedia and found availability in Coeur d'Alene which isn't too far from Spokane and along the interstate and it would have seemed a simple fix.

On a different note, prior to the start of the Utah v Gonzaga game we were watching the Iowa v W Virginia game in the arena and there were a couple of women cheering on the Hawkeyes who were origionally fromm Iowa and had played 6 v 6 back in the 70s. They loved it in part because they didn't have to play defense. This became a problem when they went on to play in college and had to learn how to play defense. Wish I would have had more time to talk to them.

My guess is that the concentration of white supremicists in the Idaho panhandle isn't widely known outside of the region or those of us who pay attention.
Oh, northern Idaho is well known for the white supremacists, Aryans, neo-Nazis, First Patriot Front . . . . It's sad that anyplace enables and politically supports that 'behaviour'.

Back