What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NCAA rule changes:

I actually would be in favor of some changes to speed up games. Some of the games last year were nearly four hours long. That is excessive and it really starts screwing up the TV schedules to where the starts of some games are missed because the preceding game ends later. I realize that the TV networks are partly to blame for scheduling games so close together, but you cannot expect them to account for four hour games. I hate worrying about whether I will see the start of a Buffs game or an Auburn game because of this problem.

With the advent of spread offenses and more passing plays, games will only get longer unless the NCAA does something about it. I'm guessing I will be alone in this opinion though.

I think I would have to partially agree. I do love it when the CU games are extended however when its games taking over CU time I have a problem. I do recall watching the CU-FSU game last year (I wasn't able to be there in person for that one) and the stupid programming didn't start the CU game until after I think it was some auburn or alabama game (?). They ended up putting CU in a small corner on the screen that you could barley see. It sucked.

I think I would have to partially agree. I do love it when the CU games are extended however when its games taking over CU time I have a problem. I do recall watching the CU-FSU game last year (I wasn't able to be there in person for that one) and the stupid programming didn't start the CU game until after I think it was some auburn or alabama game (?). They ended up putting CU in a small corner on the screen that you could barley see. It sucked.

Buy a bigger TV :smile2:

The 40-second clock would have little impact on shortening the game.

Don't agree. If a team has the lead in the second half, they are going to use just about every bit of that extra 15 seconds per play. End result is a shorter game.

What it WOULD do, though, is put more pressure on the refs to spot the ****ing ball for the next play, and give conferences a measurable stat for this when grading refs. How many times do we see refs lollygaggin about when they should be getting the ball ready for play?

I'm for anything that helps improve referrees performance.

I don't like the play clock change. What's with this fixation the NCAA has on making the games end faster? I've never heard one fan complain about football games being too long... then again, I guess the fans really aren't who the NCAA is interested in pleasing. :huh:

I for one am not totally against a slightly shorter game. Not because I want want a shorter game, but as a viewer on the east coast, way too often a CU game is joined in progress because the earlier east coast game went over.

Want to shorten games? After a team is leading by 17 or more points in the 4th quarter the refs need to put their G-d d*mn flags and whistles away... or an alternative idea:

Each referee gets a punch card, and every time they throw a flag they punch a whole in their card. After the ref gets three punches, he gets his flag taken away. It will shorten the game, and emphasize making good calls, and leaving out the ticky-tack penalties.

Back