What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NCAA Transfer Portal and the Buffs

Maybe getting away from Muschamp does good for Bentley like it did for other QBs, doubt it though.

On the surface looks pretty good, fan reaction seems similar to Moretti for us (though not injured, just well liked by fans). Would he still sit a year? If the could play immediately that would be awesome. And I'm sure Mel remembers every recruit Georgia was going after...

Doesn't Rogers have to sit a year?

Georgia redshirt sophomore OLB Robert Beal has entered the NCAA transfer portal, confirms Seth Emerson of The Athletic.
Beal played sparingly in 2018 and even less in 2019. After appearing in just five games in 2019, the 6-foot-4, 244-pound pass-rusher will be looking to play elsewhere. Beal was a four-star recruit in Georgia's 2017 signing class. While it's not worked out at Georgia, it's unlikely Beal's baseline talent has gone anywhere. Some team should benefit from bringing in Beal, especially if a Group of Five team can get him.

Damn. Things not going well in Palo Alto, huh? Weird. Talk about a program built on consistency. To all of a sudden fall apart like they have is very surprising to me. I’ll be very interested to see if they are able to rebound at all next year. Maybe they really are on a downward trend.

Damn. Things not going well in Palo Alto, huh? Weird. Talk about a program built on consistency. To all of a sudden fall apart like they have is very surprising to me. I’ll be very interested to see if they are able to rebound at all next year. Maybe they really are on a downward trend.
From reading, a lot of them were not accepted into Stanford grad school.

on paper they have a really good recruiting class coming up

Recruiting is still solid but they can't turn out the numbers that other programs can in one cycle because of their admission standards so that is a huge amount for them. Throw in that they lost three starters to grad transfers because Stanford wouldn't accept them into their grad program and it could continue being rough for them.

Recruiting looks good. Some talent returning. Will be interesting to see how they sort out in the new North.

Is there any prohibition of going for a 2nd undergraduate degree if not accepted to the grad school?

Is there any prohibition of going for a 2nd undergraduate degree if not accepted to the grad school?
I wouldn't think so but a graduate degree paid for is more valuable than a second major so they probably prefer to move on.
Stanford is a private school so they get to make those decisions as they want to and to change that process as they see fit.

They take pride in being known for their admission standards but winning football games has been very important to them as well.

Would not be a surprise if a meeting between Shaw and those above him doesn't result some "modification" of the grad school admissions process to allow for more "flexibility" that translates into keeping key players around.

They already are "flexible" in terms of admitting players and keeping them eligible and on track for their bachelors degrees.

Wow, I am stunned concerning the number of Stanford departures. They had a down year, but a Stanford education is the gold standard out West. Also, I have the impression that David Shaw is a good guy and runs a clean program. Of all the teams in the North, I hate them on game-day, but respect them greatly for what they bring to the Pac-12. This episode sounds sad and I hope that they get it straightened out. I have a friend that joined the staff last year. I wait until after XMAS and see what is up.

Wow, I am stunned concerning the number of Stanford departures. They had a down year, but a Stanford education is the gold standard out West. Also, I have the impression that David Shaw is a good guy and runs a clean program. Of all the teams in the North, I hate them on game-day, but respect them greatly for what they bring to the Pac-12. This episode sounds sad and I hope that they get it straightened out. I have a friend that joined the staff last year. I wait until after XMAS and see what is up.
Looks like numerous of those in the portal are class of 2016, thus seniors, some with redshirts. I’m not exactly sure anything is amiss here. Sure, they had a down year and there may be some discontent, but this looks like normal grad transfers in many cases to me. As I missing something?

Last edited:
Looks like numerous of those in the portal are class of 2026, thus seniors, some with redshirts. I’m not exactly sure anything is amiss here. Sure, they had a down year and there may be some discontent, but this looks like normal grad transfers in many cases to me. As I missing something?
2026?

11 transfers? Seems a bit high.

Great, another Cal grad.

CSU true freshman OG Nouredin Nouili enters transfer portal. One of the true bright spots for the Rams this year. Loss would be a huge blow for them. Would have a redshirt available, then 3 to play 3.

Headed to Nebraska

Back