What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NDSU Football only RunRunRun, death by 1000 cuts no Pass

We NDSU football is only Run-Run-Run, if you force us to pass we will stutter, stumble and go 0-3. Since y'all have Travis Hunter we will never throw the ball on this side of the field, you can take it from me. Few years ago when we played Iowa Hawkeyes CB Desmond King was the Big10 player for the year, we never threw the ball in his direction. So plan for the run , Death by 1000 cuts CSU Buff fans.
I assume the next post you'll be telling us that NDSU is as "tuff as rain".

Dammit, ryno, I was composing my tuff as rain spiel as I read the other posts.

Fine I’ll go with:

He’s really a BYU fan pretending to be an NDSU fan to piss off the Utah fans.
This one is managing not to piss off anyone.

1. You might not know it because of the way the people are dressed, but this ad came out in 2012. Going to ND is truly like going back in time 10 years, much like trying to construct an offensive attack based solely around running. It makes sense; NDSU wants it to be 10 years ago, when they were still winning conference/national championships.
  2. The woman in the middle of the group is a former adjunct professor at NDSU who was (as of 2017) a Denver-based UAL flight attendant still dabbling in acting. At the time of the ad, she was dating the guy holding a beer. Maybe he can visit her in Colorado and they can get together and reminisce about old times while they watch their Bison get crushed in Folsom.
  3. This ad was pulled after the tourism office fielded "dozens" of complaints about it being too racy. Also too racy for ND residents: The forward pass, evidently.
  4. This ad was targeted towards residents of Manitoba, who "frequently visit Grand Forks and Fargo for the weekends." University of Manitoba ALSO is the Bisons. NDSU might find a game against them to be more their speed than a game against CU
Background info here.

1. You might not know it because of the way the people are dressed, but this ad came out in 2012. Going to ND is truly like going back in time 10 years, much like trying to construct an offensive attack based solely around running. It makes sense; NDSU wants it to be 10 years ago, when they were still winning conference/national championships.
  2. The woman in the middle of the group is a former adjunct professor at NDSU who was (as of 2017) a Denver-based UAL flight attendant still dabbling in acting. At the time of the ad, she was dating the guy holding a beer. Maybe he can visit her in Colorado and they can get together and reminisce about old times while they watch their Bison get crushed in Folsom.
  3. This ad was pulled after the tourism office fielded "dozens" of complaints about it being too racy. Also too racy for ND residents: The forward pass, evidently.
  4. This ad was targeted towards residents of Manitoba, who "frequently visit Grand Forks and Fargo for the weekends." University of Manitoba ALSO is the Bisons. NDSU might find a game against them to be more their speed than a game against CU
Background info here.
that is some obscure knowledge you're dishing out

No Idea Idk GIF by Madame Web

Background info here.
Is NDSU's identity really run-based, or was that a joke constructed by the OP? From the tone of it, I assumed that they're a spread the field pass-first type of team.

Eat **** and die you cow ****er.

The Buffs are going to hang a 50 burger on you and give you the worst loss in school history.

NDSU is at best the 4th best team in the dakotas. GG

Eat **** and die you cow ****er.

The Buffs are going to hang a 50 burger on you and give you the worst loss in school history.

NDSU is at best the 4th best team in the dakotas. GG
Internecine NoDak smack is entertaining. Beats watching that hockey team.

Background info here.

WTF? Now not only do I not want to visit the Dakotas, I'm actually afraid to visit Manitoba.

NDSU is a balanced attack with a lean on running to set up play action. They have a Senior QB who started and played well last year along with a brick **** house (Cole Payton) change of pace QB who has numerous highlights of breaking off large runs on RPO's drawn up for him. They throw to their TE's and RB/FB off play action which is a little different than what we have experienced with Pac 12 schools. Easiest way to beat them is to get ahead of them early so they have to pass and can't let the clock work in their favor. They just changed coaches (I think he's at UCLA or USC now as a LB coach) as he was on the hot seat after 2 straight seasons of failing to make the FCS championship game. Get ahead early and CU cruises. If the game is close all bets are off in the 4th QTR.

I don't expect Cam Miller to make the Pro's but interesting note... NDSU put 4 straight QB's to NFL rosters. Brock Jensen as a practice squad, followed by Wentz, Easton Stick who has been a backup with S.D. and then T.Lance. The coaching at almost every level has been superior to CU's for over the past decade. I have $200.00 on CU to win over some of my Bison buddies.

I don't expect Cam Miller to make the Pro's but interesting note... NDSU put 4 straight QB's to NFL rosters. Brock Jensen as a practice squad, followed by Wentz, Easton Stick who has been a backup with S.D. and then T.Lance. The coaching at almost every level has been superior to CU's for over the past decade. I have $200.00 on CU to win over some of my Bison buddies.
Well, that would be a pretty long list if you ask me. Probably shorter to list schools whose staffs were less than CU's over the last decade.

That's certainly a list of incredibly mediocre QBs. FWIW this will be as weak an NDSU squad as they've had in a decade. We better frickin win.

That's certainly a list of incredibly mediocre QBs. FWIW this will be as weak an NDSU squad as they've had in a decade. We better frickin win.
What happened last year is that the NDSU defense went to hell. Out of character. I think CU wins by 21……

It's very hard for a non-P4 school to sustain the kind of success they had been having.

The recruited some kids who developed way over their projections, we know here that the "hidden gems" strategy isn't sustainable. They have lost some recruits after bigger $ programs at the G5 level saw their recruiting success and started poaching. The lost some kids to transfers to bigger schools.

They have also lost coaches including some key assistants to bigger money programs.

They still have a bunch of tough, smart kids but CU should be able to dominate from the start athletically.

Back