What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Nebraska Game Week - Prime: “This is personal. That’s the message of the week.”

also, we gonna win. the fuskers suck plague contaminated wuhan lab rat penis.

we are starting the season 3-0. gotta see the line against the lambs but i am thinking we cover.

**** gets real after that.

I was talking to my CU fan but CSU alum brother. I was expressing my concern for a letdown considering that Prime is spending this week building the Nubs up as our true rival, while Norvel is going to be doing the same thing to us a week from now. He was like, CU could sleep walk through the whole thing and name their score. Their talent level is that low and the coaching staff that bad.

I don't know if I'm on board with that bad of a description of things in Ft Fun, but I have to admit that they looked pretty ****ing awful against Wazzu.

I was talking to my CU fan but CSU alum brother. I was expressing my concern for a letdown considering that Prime is spending this week building the Nubs up as our true rival, while Norvel is going to be doing the same thing to us a week from now. He was like, CU could sleep walk through the whole thing and name their score. Their talent level is that low and the coaching staff that bad.

I don't know if I'm on board with that bad of a description of things in Ft Fun, but I have to admit that they looked pretty ****ing awful against Wazzu.
Yeah, CSU is horrendous. Every Buff wearing a uniform could get some PT in that game.

This is an interesting thread from that same site:

Is that banner bit possibly just fake news?

Did any credible posters claim to see it personally, or have pictures?

From that thread:

Here's the truth. There was a sign -- NOT a banner and NOT "across I-80". I know this because I have a friend who, years later, sheepishly admitted that he was one of the idiot frat boys who put the sign up. It was a small sign, mounted on the fence on the edge of the right-of-way on I-80, somewhere west of Seward. But definitely big enough to be seen.

I’m not good at analyzing X’s and O’s, strengths and weaknesses. So I go more by gut. That’s why I’d be a horrible bettor.

So, I worry, or am concerned, that Nebraska has strong motivation going into this one. Their back is against the wall. Matt Rhule is a damned good coach.

I also worry about games where our fans become so cavalier that they think the game is a slam dunk.

I’m nervous and I’m expecting this to be a very tough game.

From that thread:

Here's the truth. There was a sign -- NOT a banner and NOT "across I-80". I know this because I have a friend who, years later, sheepishly admitted that he was one of the idiot frat boys who put the sign up. It was a small sign, mounted on the fence on the edge of the right-of-way on I-80, somewhere west of Seward. But definitely big enough to be seen.
saw that post, but Elwood doesn't seem to meet the bar for "credible poster"

I didn't travel for the 1990 game. I believe the sign was referenced in Sports Illustrated, though.

@Highlander attended that game. Did you see the sign, dude?

I DID travel to the 1992 game with Burrito and a series of other knuckleheads. There was at least one sign (in my memory there was more than one, but I know for sure there was one - we stopped, ran back and took it down, I think) travelling into Lincoln that said "Sal is dead, go big red". It wasn't big. It was cardboard (either on a wooden post or attached to an existing highway marker).

So I can personally confirm at least one sign in 1992.

The husker fans in that thread are amazing, though: "Nooooo, it wasn't a banner! It was just a bunch of signs and a chant!" At least they're owning it, I guess?

I’m not good at analyzing X’s and O’s, strengths and weaknesses. So I go more by gut. That’s why I’d be a horrible bettor.

So, I worry, or am concerned, that Nebraska has strong motivation going into this one. Their back is against the wall. Matt Rhule is a damned good coach.

I also worry about games where our fans become so cavalier that they think the game is a slam dunk.

I’m nervous and I’m expecting this to be a very tough game.

I was just thinking about this in a similar way. Everybody jumped on CU after the performance against TCU, hence the big movement in the line. I also find it a bit odd that Vegas hasn't moved the line much since that initial swing even though I'm guessing that money is continuing to come in on CU.

I just get a bit tentative when everybody jumps on one team and thinks it's a slam dunk. I'm still cautiously optimistic and have a very hard time seeing how they can stop us and Sims' passing is, well, bad, but I also have a fear they will be successful in slowing the game down and turning this into a slug it out type of game.

I'm not gonna pay for the Omaha World-Herald, but a google search brings up this article and shows the opening sentence: "In 1990, a piece of graffiti hung above two lanes of I-80 the week of the Colorado game, reading: Sal is dead, Go Big Red."

I didn't attend that game, but the "graffiti" was well-documented by the media at the time. Maybe someone can hustle down to the Boulder Public Library and get to work with the microfiche machine.

I didn't travel for the 1990 game. I believe the sign was referenced in Sports Illustrated, though.

@Highlander attended that game. Did you see the sign, dude?

I DID travel to the 1992 game with Burrito and a series of other knuckleheads. There was at least one sign (in my memory there was more than one, but I know for sure there was one - we stopped, ran back and took it down, I think) travelling into Lincoln that said "Sal is dead, go big red". It wasn't big. It was cardboard (either on a wooden post or attached to an existing highway marker).

So I can personally confirm at least one sign in 1992.

The husker fans in that thread are amazing, though: "Nooooo, it wasn't a banner! It was just a bunch of signs and a chant!" At least they're owning it, I guess?

thanks.

there does seem to be a bit of game of "telephone" with this one -- multiple posters on this forum have explicitly referred to it as "a billboard" containing that message

I went to the game in 1990, and I can confirm that I saw signs both on the way and at the game itself. There wasn't just one. It was a theme.

But here's the part that makes me think I am going insane. I absolutely, positively saw "Sal is Dead Go Big Red" painted in huge letters on the interstate itself, just after crossing the border into kNebrasky. There was a group of us, and we were impressed at the effort that took. So, why doesn't anyone else ever mention that? Why isn't there photographic evidence that happened? I cannot answer these questions.

EDIT: BuffsNYC with the confirmation!

Came across a tweet yesterday which I can't find anymore that showed stats which illustrated Jeff Sims plays much better in the game following one where he throws multiple interceptions.

On Sunday we were visiting friends in Highlands Ranch, one of whom is a NU fan and was raised in Lincoln. He watched the entire CU-TCU game and was very complimentary of the CU's's performance and coaching. The fact that the Buffs were so fluid on offense really grabbed his attention. Said he was close to waving the white flag. Then he started to conjure up a scenario where Neb could win. His take is that NU's D is much better than TCU's with the strength being linebackers and secondary so he thinks they can slow down CU's passing attack. His other key was of course controlling that ball on the ground. His final thought was that if it becomes a scoring race NU has no chance.

Stated he'll cheer for CU in every game except this weekend.

Guys.

I know from experience that this is a safe space.

I am concerned.

Being 35, these mornings when I wake up, my muscles are stiff and a little sore. I have to spend some time stretching and warming up so that I don't accidentally pull something going down the stairs.

Similarly, I haven't hit my "full asshole" mode in quite some time because *gesticulates wildly at the last 20 years of CU football*, and I'm worried that I'm going to pull something on Saturday from lack of use.

Any suggestions on how to warm up?

Guys.

I know from experience that this is a safe space.

I am concerned.

Being 35, these mornings when I wake up, my muscles are stiff and a little sore. I have to spend some time stretching and warming up so that I don't accidentally pull something going down the stairs.

Similarly, I haven't hit my "full asshole" mode in quite some time because *gesticulates wildly at the last 20 years of CU football*, and I'm worried that I'm going to pull something on Saturday from lack of use.

Any suggestions on how to warm up?
I have stayed sharp on Allbuffs. Also, look at what ahoelsken does and don't do that.

I can verify the billboard. Not only was there a billboard, there were people in Nebraska hats and sweatpants out there spraypainting "Sal is dead, go Big Red and 9/11 was an inside job" on the highway in bright red paint. I was so upset that I pulled into a truck stop to cry and that's where I saw Mrs. Krabappel and Principal Skinner making babies and I saw one of the babies and the baby looked at me!

I went to the game in 1990, and I can confirm that I saw signs both on the way and at the game itself. There wasn't just one. It was a theme.

But here's the part that makes me think I am going insane. I absolutely, positively saw "Sal is Dead Go Big Red" painted in huge letters on the interstate itself, just after crossing the border into kNebrasky. There was a group of us, and we were impressed at the effort that took. So, why doesn't anyone else ever mention that? Why isn't there photographic evidence that happened? I cannot answer these questions.

EDIT: BuffsNYC with the confirmation!
I also drove across Nebraska that fall and saw the signs. I specifically recall one on a fence along the highway- not exactly a billboard, I think it was a large cardboard sign.

I did not go to the game, but I was passing through thanksgiving weekend.

Back