What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Nebraska Game Week - Prime: “This is personal. That’s the message of the week.”

Really? Mine makes it look like the west stands were 100% Nub, which was fast from the case.

Gonna have to check the saturation settings, lol.
Yeah, I had a bunch of friends texting during the game saying it looked like a lot of red while I was at the game. I finally had a chance today to look and I can see what they saw as it looks more than it was. I just think red really sticks out, but CU fans showed out this time. Hopefully the AD can still kick out a few season ticket holders who keep doing this though

Yeah, I had a bunch of friends texting during the game saying it looked like a lot of red while I was at the game. I finally had a chance today to look and I can see what they saw as it looks more than it was. I just think red really sticks out, but CU fans showed out this time. Hopefully the AD can still kick out a few season ticket holders who keep doing this though
I was in 107 and we had about 8 fuskers within a row of us.

Only two of them were completely obnoxious, so there's that.

Like the ****ing losers on the west side who probably have had tickets forever and sold out?

Those boomers on the west side losing their season tickets after 30 plus years would be pretty hilarious. I couldn't do it if I was in the AD, but we are in a new world of CU football

Sooner than later, they will realize they are too old for all of this and give up or let their kids have those tickets.

“Played the race card” translates to “I’m butthurt about my team losing” in white boomer.

I’ve consumed so much content and seen nothing of the sort
My response was that the only mention of race I've heard from the Sanders family this week was Coach Sanders saying that he loves the social impact of sports bringing people together to cheer for players on our team without consideration of their race.

Too many people make things about race when they're not. We've got more than enough race-related problems in this country and world without creating false narratives. Fvck.

My response was that the only mention of race I've heard from the Sanders family this week was Coach Sanders saying that he loves the social impact of sports bringing people together to cheer for players on our team without consideration of their race.

Too many people make things about race when they're not. We've got more than enough race-related problems in this country and world without creating false narratives. Fvck.
Everything is about race for how black people are treated in this country. Everything.

Everything is about race for how black people are treated in this country. Everything.
Generally (macro level), I agree it's always a factor. Specifically (micro level), I don't agree because there are a whole lot of situations & cases where the way someone is treated or thought of by an individual has nothing to do with race.

One of the things I struggle with is that many times race (or gender, or sexuality, or whatever) is the furthest thing from my mind and I DGAF, so sometimes I'll be insensitive to considering the fact that the person I'm interacting with has dealt with a lot of sh!t over that stuff and is not easily going to trust that a white (+ male, + heterosexual) isn't applying a bias. Not that I'm perfect by any stretch, but I tend to be very mission/ character oriented and will have blinders on with not considering a person's story & how that might influence their perceptions outside of the task at hand. Too often that causes me to assume everyone else is approaching things like I am.

But I do think that people are called "racist" too casually these days and that too many people dismiss racial insensitivity and racism too casually. And I'm a big believer in open dialogue that allows people to express their experiences and reactions to certain things with the maturity to speak & be heard. I don't think bigotry survives very well when people aren't ignorant and folks get to know each other beyond superficial levels (the antithesis of prejudging).

Anyway, all that said, everyone probably prejudges to some extent and makes assumptions about others based on racial and other characteristics. Not always any component of hate in that, though, and I tend to think of hate as integral to an "ism" label.

Generally (macro level), I agree it's always a factor. Specifically (micro level), I don't agree because there are a whole lot of situations & cases where the way someone is treated or thought of by an individual has nothing to do with race.

One of the things I struggle with is that many times race (or gender, or sexuality, or whatever) is the furthest thing from my mind and I DGAF, so sometimes I'll be insensitive to considering the fact that the person I'm interacting with has dealt with a lot of sh!t over that stuff and is not easily going to trust that a white (+ male, + heterosexual) isn't applying a bias. Not that I'm perfect by any stretch, but I tend to be very mission/ character oriented and will have blinders on with not considering a person's story & how that might influence their perceptions outside of the task at hand. Too often that causes me to assume everyone else is approaching things like I am.

But I do think that people are called "racist" too casually these days and that too many people dismiss racial insensitivity and racism too casually. And I'm a big believer in open dialogue that allows people to express their experiences and reactions to certain things with the maturity to speak & be heard. I don't think bigotry survives very well when people aren't ignorant and folks get to know each other beyond superficial levels (the antithesis of prejudging).

Anyway, all that said, everyone probably prejudges to some extent and makes assumptions about others based on racial and other characteristics. Not always any component of hate in that, though, and I tend to think of hate as integral to an "ism" label.
You self-identified the problem with your premise. Not having your race negatively affect the entirety of your being creates a blindspot that makes it difficult for you to see what’s happening.

American culture is racist. When people do that which reinforces cultural norms, that action is racist. Even if appears innocuous. It’s just a different shade.

See the chart below. There are many different shades of blue. Just because one shade presents differently doesn’t change that it’s part of the underlying color family known as blue. Same thing for racism. Just because a belief or statement isn’t a cross burning doesn’t make it less racist. It just presents itself differently.

Attachments

• IMG_7281.jpeg
    IMG_7281.jpeg
    97.2 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
You self-identified the problem with your own premise. Not having your race negatively effect the entirety of your being creates a blindspot that makes it difficult for you to see what’s happening.

American culture is racist. When people do that which reinforces cultural norms, that action is racist. Even if appears innocuous. It’s just a different shade.

See the chart below. There are many different shades of blue. Just because one shade presents differently doesn’t change that it’s part of the underlying color family known as blue. Same thing for racism. Just because a belief or statement isn’t a cross burning doesn’t make it less racist. It just presents itself differently.
It is a very difficult question for all of us as individuals as well as society as a whole.

We can't ignore the legacy of race in our society and in our interactions with others. At the same time we can't make every interaction or every issue about race.

The legacy has been hundreds of years in the making, and unfortunately to a degree is still in the making, there is no magic button that I have heard that will suddenly make it go away, it will be a process.

The legacy goes deeper for Black Americans but others also see parts of it. My wife and kids are Hispanic, to a lesser extent they are impacted as well.

I wish I knew the answer. I have spent significant amounts of time in Latin America and racism exist there as well, arguably worse than here. Canada, Europe, Australia, and Japan all have it as well.

It seems to be a sad and ugly part of who we are as humans if we don't make a conscious effort to be aware of it and work against it.

You self-identified the problem with your own premise. Not having your race negatively effect the entirety of your being creates a blindspot that makes it difficult for you to see what’s happening.

Fair.

I've always had a blind spot for certain things. And I know that being able to have a blind spot is a luxury and pretty much the definition of privilege for an American who got to be socialized as straight, white, male and comfortably middle class.

I suppose the best I can do is to be consistent & fair to people, listen, empathize, and not take it so personally when someone assumes something about what's motivating my thoughts or actions since it's reasonable based on experiences others have had to assume the worst and make people prove otherwise.

Something I often think about is something that happened in 3rd grade and shook me so badly I'm still not over it. One day at recess, I thought the other kids were just running around playing chase or tag. I joined in. When we caught up to the kid being chased, Nathaniel looked at me with the most hurt look I've ever seen and said, "I thought you were my friend." I try to be more aware. It's too easy to hurt people when you're not. As I said, though, still a flaw of mine. Being aware of a blind spot isn't the same thing as having fully corrected it.

Haha. I was in 107, row 38. I think I saw the same two obnoxious ****s.
Ha, I was in row 35. Did the obnoxious fusker have a weak ZZTop imitation beard? That is principally who I was referring to.

Last edited:
It's personal with Nebraska. Following on my NIU rant above. Looked up a list of the top 50 accounting programs. NIU made it but the school of Nowledge was no where to be found.

View attachment 64581
You are failing to give them credit.

There may be not other school in the nation that does a better job of preparing students for Bowling Alley Management. They are also leaders in Trailer Park Design and Feed Tub Recreation Administration.

Back