What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Nebraska Game Week - Prime: “This is personal. That’s the message of the week.”

Nebraska intentionally goes super slow now, because they have no weapons, and because they want to run and control the clock, shorten the game.

That does not help their defense practice anything close to our hyperspeed, and it helps our defense sub

All good things
Watching the Minny game, they looked out of shape in the front 7

So these are the Asshats taking the beloved Sackygate tailgate site this Saturday!! AAARrrrrrrr!!

Attachments

• Big Noon Team.jpg
    Big Noon Team.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 19
Could go in multiple threads. But, this line action is indicative of what I’m hearing from sharps: they think the cornholio game will be close. 3.5+ they are eating up.
If this game is as close as 3 points, we have nobody in LB and there is no way we beat OSU or Utah.

Could go in multiple threads. But, this line action is indicative of what I’m hearing from sharps: they think the cornholio game will be close. 3.5+ they are eating up.

The other thing is that Colorado is the public’s favorite team. Prime is inspiring action from a lot of non traditional sources.

Betting on a close game is the smart play. As was CU +20.5.

GOOD ****ING THING SMART PLAYS DON'T MEAN **** WITH THIS TEAM THEY'LL FIND OUT SOON ENOUGH mother****ers LET'S RIDE

Betting on a close game is the smart play. As was CU +20.5.

GOOD ****ING THING SMART PLAYS DON'T MEAN **** WITH THIS TEAM THEY'LL FIND OUT SOON ENOUGH mother****ers LET'S RIDE
Ill Consider It Pondering GIF by VTM.be

CU +7-9 was the play.
CU -3 or worse is no bet.
I foresee this being a conflicting season for you, whereby your model continuously tells you to not lay money on CU, and CU consistently outperforms your model.

Justification (I’ll hit all the hot buttons here): CP and this staff will get more out of these talented players (not named Sanders, Hunter, Edwards etc…) then their value currently suggests. Coaching players up is a real thing if they have raw ability and are in a culture that is hungry to win and continuously improve.

I foresee this being a conflicting season for you, whereby your model continuously tells you to not lay money on CU, and CU consistently outperforms your model.

Justification (I’ll hit all the hot buttons here): CP and this staff will get more out of these talented players (not named Sanders, Hunter, Edwards etc…) then their value currently suggests. Coaching players up is a real thing if they have raw ability and are in a culture that is hungry to continuously improve.
My model has Colorado’s players correctly rated.

9 should be all conference preseason tho. But no one else. Wright is promising but he's not ready yet.

247 on prior to 2023 season:
Robinson will look to build off last season in which he had 24 tackles, including four TFLs, two sacks and one pass breakup.

He was also third on the team in hurries (16) a year ago, behind Ochaun Mathis and Garrett Nelson. Given a 59.5 defensive grade by Pro Football Focus last season, Robinson excelled against Indiana and Rutgers midseason when his snap count was around the low 40s.
That was in over 500 snaps.
Could it be that MN was that bad or is #9 finding his way in year 5?

What do you mean?
My first post above was simply referencing that the “everyday” workhorse players on the team would see substantial improvement through the season based seeing more PT, and based on the coaching quality and methods they would be getting on the daily from this staff. Inferring we would see a higher quality and more potent team as the season progresses as a result (absent critical injuries). Think 2016 CU with MUCH more talent and a drastically more difficult schedule. My belief is that this dynamic is something that is hard to measure by rating players based on historical performance.

You responded by simply saying you’re not wrong about your player ratings, which led me to ask how you take the above dynamics into account in your model….or do you just not believe this to be relevant.

@manhattanbuff I’ll also add; I have already stated this elsewhere, but my thesis (if I’m correct) should show up this week.

I think we comfortably beat NU.

I believe we will be very pleasantly surprised by the improvements that we see in CU’s Defense and ST this week. We gave TCU easy scoring opportunities far too often, and they looked like fixable errors rather than talent deficiencies. Combined with the opinion that NU’s front 7 shows like they will get very tired, very quick, against our high paced offense, and I think this game is a comfortable CU win.

My first post above was simply referencing that the “everyday” workhorse players on the team would see substantial improvement through the season based seeing more PT, and based on the coaching quality and methods they would be getting on the daily from this staff. Inferring we would see a higher quality and more potent team as the season progresses as a result (absent critical injuries). Think 2016 CU with MUCH more talent and a drastically more difficult schedule. My belief is that this dynamic is something that is hard to measure by rating players based on historical performance.

You responded by simply saying you’re not wrong about your player ratings, which led me to ask how you take the above dynamics into account in your model….or do you just not believe this to be relevant.
My model’s player ratings update after every game, as it incorporates the relevant statistical outputs from that player’s previous games. There’s a quantitative (raw numerical production) factor and a qualitative (opponent strength) factor. The system rates every player, so the number of plays and where they play matters most.

247 on prior to 2023 season:

That was in over 500 snaps.
Could it be that MN was that bad or is #9 finding his way in year 5?
He had a lot of hype as a breakthrough in the preseason and backed it up for game 1. I tend to value how you do in spring, summer workouts and fall camp a lot.

Back