What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Nebraska game

I can’t wait to see Tad and the Buffs show up to kick off the season with a nice crushing of the Huskers. It’s been a bad football season, but Tad will give us something to celebrate.

I can’t wait to see Tad and the Buffs show up to kick off the season with a nice crushing of the Huskers. It’s been a bad football season, but Tad will give us something to celebrate.
Since it's an exhibition, I'm less concerned about score and more concerned with how the different guys look. I want to come out of this knowing who is ready and who is a play athlete who may need to develop. Especially curious to see who may have made a physical jump from last year like that Spencer frosh-to-soph transformation.

Since it's an exhibition, I'm less concerned about score and more concerned with how the different guys look. I want to come out of this knowing who is ready and who is a play athlete who may need to develop. Especially curious to see who may have made a physical jump from last year like that Spencer frosh-to-soph transformation.
It doesn't count, but anything where Nebraska is the opponent matters.

I remember they kicked our asses last year and then they went out stunk it up, meanwhile we had a good season.

Dammit! I completely spaced this game out. Sounded like kJ had a good game but needs to take care of the ball a little better. Other than that I don't know who else looked good.

Luke O' won't follow Jabari to the NBA, but he has incredibe grit and hustle and will get a lot of rebounds.
13, the juco junior, is a huge addition
#3, from Yale, was a great get. The man owns a business in Denver, in his spare time
Nique looked very solid. KJ was good. Tristan solid
LL still growing, but he is an incredibly serious and determined young man. Had some good moves tonight, few screwups.
#11 looked good.

Not sure nebraska is any good, but I think the team has great potental.

Dammit! I completely spaced this game out. Sounded like kJ had a good game but needs to take care of the ball a little better. Other than that I don't know who else looked good.
It's a weird thing with KJ. We need him to push things and take some forces with that because of all the positives which come from his aggression. But he has to find the balance of "controlled chaos" where he picks his spots to push the envelope.

I don't know how high the ceiling is for whoever ends up being the starting unit, but Tad has an incredible bevy of options for second lineups. And third lineups and fourth lineups. This team is legitimately deep. And oh wow is Lawson a different presence on the defensive end.

Nebraska hasn’t been very good under Hoiberg, somewhat surprisingly. AD Trev Albert just reworked his contract in the off-season similar to Frosty.

Nebraska hasn’t been very good under Hoiberg, somewhat surprisingly. AD Trev Albert just reworked his contract in the off-season similar to Frosty.
Unlike football Nebraska has no golden era of basketball to fall back on. They have never been very good outside of an occasional up year and even those haven't been anything that most other schools would consider memorable.

Overall a good showing. We'll likely be outsized for a lot of games and I'd like our pace be a little more frantic up and down the court. All in all, it looks like we'll have a good, deep team.

- Hadley looks like a solid, athletic worker down low.
- DaSilva is ready to be a star, best player on the floor.
- Lovering looks much more comfortable and should get better and better.
- Nique has all the tools. I think he has the talent to be a 15/5/5 guy. Just gotta get him there, ceiling is high.
- Javon Ruffin is a shooting Beast. His shot is water.
- Obriens effort is a really nice addition to this team.
- KJ is legit and will be one of the best guards in the Pac-12. He just needs to stop the turnovers.
- The Ivy transfer boys have a nose for the ball and can finish at the rim. Solid additions.

Overall a good showing. We'll likely be outsized for a lot of games and I'd like our pace be a little more frantic up and down the court. All in all, it looks like we'll have a good, deep team.

- Nique has all the tools. I think he has the talent to be a 15/5/5 guy. Just gotta get him there, ceiling is high.
- KJ is legit and will be one of the best guards in the Pac-12. He just needs to stop the turnovers.
- The Ivy transfer boys have a nose for the ball and can finish at the rim. Solid additions.
Second a lot of this. Two other things stood out-I really liked the way we started the game. 10-0 run right off the bat, and then we make them call another timeout again at like 24-9. I think we'd have run more had the game counted, and I'd expect to see that next Monday night against UC Riverside.

Quick note on Nebraska-they're bad. One of the worst teams in the power conferences.

I think we outta be fairly solid. As usual.

Not that I had much respect for Nebraska athletics before, but if you want to pinpoint something against the basketball program, this is idiotic.

Everyone was freaking about about being cleaning hands, etc, and avoiding sick people, and this guy is unable to sit up on the bench.

Was going to post my own thoughts, but I'll build off this.
- Overall we're slower than I expected. That's as a team and individually. I did not like the difference between Hammond running point and KJ running point. It was like two different teams - one pushing it and energetic, the other plodding and deliberate. Not sure if this is based on who the point is or something Tad wants.
- DaSilva looks good. Let's say 14/5/2 this year.
- I agree on the Lovering take. Looks much more comfortable within his body and the flow of the Off and Def.
- Nique has bulked up. I like this because he, Hadley and O'Brien will be counted on the most on the boards. His ceiling is a 11/6/2 guy and that's fine.
- TBH, O'Brien could be the key to the whole damn season. He looks bigger and seems to have embaced his role as a banger and not a shooter. If he can focus on rebounding and strive to get more rebounds than points each night, we benefit.
- Unlike others, I would not try to contain KJs game. It will work out much more often than not.
- Gabbidon and Wright are who we expected them to be. Smart, seasoned role players. My fear is their athleticism against certain teams.
- I'm still on the fence re: Ruffin. We'll see. Fingers crossed.
- We look to be a better defensive team this year. Better on switches, more active and scrappier. I can see us having some rough offensive nights, so this bodes well.
- Hurlburt at this point is going through what Lovering was last year. Trying to figure his out his body and his place at this next level.
- I'm both fearful and immensely excited for when Allen steps on the court. Seems like the build up has gone on forever.
- Starters next Monday: KJ, Clifford, O'Brien, DaSilva, Lovering and then knowing Tad, all hell breaks loose for the next 7 games.

Someone compare Hadley’s game for me. Either former CU player or pro. TIA
I actually see his game as fairly similar to Clifford at this point, with a little more confidence with the ball in his hand and driving to the hole, and not quite as much quickness on perimeter D, but I'd say they are in the same realm.

I thought the team looked good. It was nice watching CU compete and not start the game with that sinking feeling, and a prayer they don't get blown out a la FB.

Was going to post my own thoughts, but I'll build off this.
- Overall we're slower than I expected. That's as a team and individually. I did not like the difference between Hammond running point and KJ running point. It was like two different teams - one pushing it and energetic, the other plodding and deliberate. Not sure if this is based on who the point is or something Tad wants.
- DaSilva looks good. Let's say 14/5/2 this year.
- I agree on the Lovering take. Looks much more comfortable within his body and the flow of the Off and Def.
- Nique has bulked up. I like this because he, Hadley and O'Brien will be counted on the most on the boards. His ceiling is a 11/6/2 guy and that's fine.
- TBH, O'Brien could be the key to the whole damn season. He looks bigger and seems to have embaced his role as a banger and not a shooter. If he can focus on rebounding and strive to get more rebounds than points each night, we benefit.
- Unlike others, I would not try to contain KJs game. It will work out much more often than not.
- Gabbidon and Wright are who we expected them to be. Smart, seasoned role players. My fear is their athleticism against certain teams.
- I'm still on the fence re: Ruffin. We'll see. Fingers crossed.
- We look to be a better defensive team this year. Better on switches, more active and scrappier. I can see us having some rough offensive nights, so this bodes well.
- Hurlburt at this point is going through what Lovering was last year. Trying to figure his out his body and his place at this next level.
- I'm both fearful and immensely excited for when Allen steps on the court. Seems like the build up has gone on forever.
- Starters next Monday: KJ, Clifford, O'Brien, DaSilva, Lovering and then knowing Tad, all hell breaks loose for the next 7 games.
I see no way Hadley isn't in the starting 5, not O'Brien. I haven't seen anyone step in an fit in as seamlessly as that in forever.

I see no way Hadley isn't in the starting 5, not O'Brien. I haven't seen anyone step in an fit in as seamlessly as that in forever.
I could see that as well and dependent on the opponent. Like I said, we'll get 30 different combos during the non-con schedule anyway. Tad's M.O.

Back