What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Need a little help

Put on a shock collar and give the ladies in your life the button.

Seriously, TIVO is a beautiful thing. At least you are in control of something.
The one TIVO setback is that you have to record the programming that follows the game. You'll scream like a banshee when the final 5 minutes of play didn't get recorded.

Oh yeah, go work out or get laid during the first hour of the game, when the TIVO is doing it's thing. The endorphin rush on the front end takes the edge off the need for scream therapy.

Been burned by that. I now set it to record for at least a half hour after the game.

OK, here's my situation. I get really keyed up watching the Buffs on TV. To the point where I'm not allowed to watch the games at home anymore. We have a 5-year old daughter, who doesn't need to hear my profane rantings. Problem is, we just got HD put in and I really want to see this game on the beautifulness of a LCD HD set.

Any recommendations as to how to keep your temper and emotions under control while watching the Buffs on TV would be greatly appreciated.

Smoke a lot of weed

Lube up with a large gin and tonic and firewalk and watch at the same time.

Seriously, I mute right before the potentially acute anxiety causing moments of the game; and at the same time, do something mildly distracting during the game like a crossword. Turn the sound back on when I'm over bone-headed plays.

I have to say that I'm relieved that I'm not the only one who has these issues. Thanks everybody.

I'm going to TIVO the game and watch another game at the same time. I'll look at the scores as they scroll across the screen. If we win, I'll go back and watch the game. If we lose, I'll simply delete.

This thread cracks me up. I get way too keyed up for games as well. I definitely got it from my dad.

Me too....I start throwing ****...thats when I grab billy bong!

Sure it cuts down on the more extreme spikes in behavior. But it doesn't really address the core issue, which is providing a positive role model for a five-year-old. :lol:

I find I am doing much better at not yelling and using bad bad words. I guess it is just old age slowing me down. :cry: My wife really gets upset when I use some really bad ones.

I do not recommend growing old as a solution. :sad2:

I feel ya on that brotha. After watching the CSU and WVU games with me (and those were boy wins!), my girl refused to go out to Boulder with me for the Texas game. She claims that me and the boys get outta control when the Buffs are on TV. I just call it watching football.:confused::confused::confused:

This thread cracks me up. I get way too keyed up for games as well. I definitely got it from my dad.

:lol: I also got my sports viewing vocab from my dad. The women in my family saying "They can't hear you through to TV," has never really sunk in for either of us. As for using the Tivo for the game I'm not a big fan of it. I'm a huge fan of Tivo but watching sports live is the only way to go.

Sure it cuts down on the more extreme spikes in behavior. But it doesn't really address the core issue, which is providing a positive role model for a five-year-old. :lol:

Yeah...guess watching daddy pull the choke out isn't being a great roll model lol

My wife and son plan something to do for 4 hours while the game is on.It's much better going to folsom but I won't make as many in the coming years as I have the last 20 years.

I'm the WORST,I think every pass should be caught,every play on defense should be a sack or 2 yd loss.Like I have ever been perfect and expect 18-21 year olds to be:rolleyes:

But,over the years,losing still sucks but after the game is over,I don't stay steamed as long,guess that's because i'm used to cu losing more than winning:sad1:

OK, here's my situation. I get really keyed up watching the Buffs on TV. To the point where I'm not allowed to watch the games at home anymore. We have a 5-year old daughter, who doesn't need to hear my profane rantings. Problem is, we just got HD put in and I really want to see this game on the beautifulness of a LCD HD set.

Any recommendations as to how to keep your temper and emotions under control while watching the Buffs on TV would be greatly appreciated.

red zone...

I'll see what happens when I watch the dvr'd RRR this week. I have already been "warned" by OU fans, Texas fans, and others I will not like some of the calls against OU, penalties, over-turned interceptions and no calls that seemed to give tu the edge in the game....

i was told by one person the announcers say something like the refs have made the game "touch" football....

I'll see what happens when I watch the dvr'd RRR this week. I have already been "warned" by OU fans, Texas fans, and others I will not like some of the calls against OU, penalties, over-turned interceptions and no calls that seemed to give tu the edge in the game....

i was told by one person the announcers say something like the refs have made the game "touch" football....

There were bad calls all around. I swear OU didn't make it into the endzone on one play. However, Tejas got many of the calls in their favor. The roughing the passer calls were BULL**** and I don't care for either team.

I'm blissfully ignorant of the details of the CU/KU game. Had I watched, I think I may be in the hospital now, or lying somewhere in a ditch.

Back