What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

New Ole Miss mascot

You see OUBuff tribalism is bad, unless you slander those who disagree with your tribe's view. Then it is a-OK to break out the broad brush of generalization. Oh and eliminating historical markers is in vogue too, Newthink, Newspeak, it's all the rage. It is the new tolerance.

**Not directed at you Alfred, or anyone in particular, just a comment on the level of PC nonsense slung around these days. It seems like society is looking for some offense to explain their perma-bunch panties.
Irony.

You see OUBuff tribalism is bad, unless you slander those who disagree with your tribe's view. Then it is a-OK to break out the broad brush of generalization. Oh and eliminating historical markers is in vogue too, Newthink, Newspeak, it's all the rage. It is the new tolerance.

**Not directed at you Alfred, or anyone in particular, just a comment on the level of PC nonsense slung around these days. It seems like society is looking for some offense to explain their perma-bunch panties.

The PC movement has come full circle to a new form of bigotry; assumed intellectual superiority.

This is my favorite thing that guys do. Like you would have any say at all in if those ladies wanted to sleep with you.

The classic is the friend at the bar who looks at a 10 and says, "I'd hit that.". Oh really? Well why don't you run on over there and let her know. I'm sure she's been eagerly awaiting your romantic proposition all night.

Lol okay.

What's the point of a mascot, which is primarily there for the kids, if it's so creepy/awkward/strange that kids get scared by it?
hqdefault.jpg

What are you comparing "my" stereotyping to? Genuinely curious.
I'm not comparing your stereotyping to anything. You are the one that made comparisons, when you justified your comment by stating that internet stereotyping is common.

I merely thought that your comment was sorry and I called it out. I'm sorry if I embarrased you. I assume you are fine person that really doesn't hold ill opinion of others based upon their appearance.

I couldn’t find this thread when I wanted to post this earlier:

They also changed the Ole Miss Wikipedia page to include Baby Shark as the fight song and Colonel Reb as the mascot again.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181124-050057_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20181124-050057_Samsung Internet.jpg
    587.4 KB · Views: 8
You don’t meet many ol miss people in California— they just don’t show up in the media or tech worlds all that often. But the women I have met— very few— have been incredibly gracious and thoughtful and such. I’ve always struggled to reconcile that with colonel reb and the flag and the rest.

You don’t meet many ol miss people in California— they just don’t show up in the media or tech worlds all that often. But the women I have met— very few— have been incredibly gracious and thoughtful and such. I’ve always struggled to reconcile that with colonel reb and the flag and the rest.
You're meeting the ones who left.

Back