What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

new unis/jerseys?

darth-horax

Just looked up some jerseys online and they're all on a pretty big sale for the standard ones we all know and love.

Is there a reason for this? Are we getting new jerseys, or is this just the standard off season price drop?

Just looked up some jerseys online and they're all on a pretty big sale for the standard ones we all know and love.

Is there a reason for this? Are we getting new jerseys, or is this just the standard off season price drop?

Given CU's history, I would say no. They aren't getting new uni's. Think it is just a sale.

Remember you're not supposed to wear white after Labor Day.

Uniform threads are kind of gay. Not that there is anything wrong with Gay.

Let me go get my barbies and GI Joes.

Looking at the gray/silver jersey: what kind of material is that? Looks like a t shirt as opposed to the older mesh styled jerseys of the 90s.

Anybody own one?

Looking at the gray/silver jersey: what kind of material is that? Looks like a t shirt as opposed to the older mesh styled jerseys of the 90s.

Anybody own one?

The one for sale through the team store? Ya it is a t-shirt. It isn't a replica jersey. My only guess with what has happened, is that CU doesn't move enough merch to get the full assortment of jerseys from Nike. Hell, you can't even buy CU gear through Nike's website.

The one for sale through the team store? Ya it is a t-shirt. It isn't a replica jersey. My only guess with what has happened, is that CU doesn't move enough merch to get the full assortment of jerseys from Nike. Hell, you can't even buy CU gear through Nike's website.

You can’t sell it if you don’t put it out for sale. Kind of like the Coke Lite product. Big national ad campaign last year but you couldn’t find the product on the shelves in stores. Now all I see is five dollar six pack of mini 7 ounce bottles. Are the trying to look healthier, but want to sell the cheaper to make old product?

Is CU saying it is not willing to invest in inventory because they are not sure it would move, or is it Nike?

You can’t sell it if you don’t put it out for sale. Kind of like the Coke Lite product. Big national ad campaign last year but you couldn’t find the product on the shelves in stores. Now all I see is five dollar six pack of mini 7 ounce bottles. Are the trying to look healthier, but want to sell the cheaper to make old product?

Is CU saying it is not willing to invest in inventory because they are not sure it would move, or is it Nike?
I think it is Nike. CU Licensing told me that they had been requesting the alternate jersey for a couple of years. Then they got the silver "jersey" from Nike prior to last season. Now I am sure CU could probably try harder, but sounds like they are having to fight to get merch which isn't how this relationship should be working.

I think it is Nike. CU Licensing told me that they had been requesting the alternate jersey for a couple of years. Then they got the silver "jersey" from Nike prior to last season. Now I am sure CU could probably try harder, but sounds like they are having to fight to get merch which isn't how this relationship should be working.
Why, Nike, the benevolent Gods of sports apparel, would do no such thing....and no clairvoyant in history could have seen this coming even if Nike was to blame.

I wouldn’t mind if we went to UA someday. They’ve done a fantastic job with Cal, UCLA, and Auburn.

I’m still not a fan of UA. Their apparel and shoes just seem too gimmicky and cheap looking. If Nike keeps holding back a revenue source for CU and its athletic dept, as it seems, I hope for Adidas to come sniffing around, or even New Balance. Just as long as they don’t mess with the Classic Buffs uniform. I’ve actually have been pleasantly surprised by some of the running/training shoes recently offered by both companies. Plus, I’d love to see the looks on the faces of the Nub Athletic dept to see one of their biggest rivals put on the three stripes! I’d start rocking some “originals” track jackets in black and gold ala Ian Brown and Liam Gallagher

I'm a Nike guy because I like their stuff better. If CU can get a better deal with someone else, by all means, do so. How long does the current contract run?

ok, so I wrote a long response....because this is my pet peeve topic. But then deleted it as I don't want to bore you all. Bottom line is CU could have stayed with Nike and gotten a lot more money. Nike played them....and now Nike will continue to play them until the next time CU has a chance to negotiate. What happens then depends entirely on how CU handles the process.

Back