What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Next cycle

Scott's big advantage is how rare he is these days. Every big guy wants to be Dirk Nowitzki. Being able to score from the post is still a big part of the game, especially at playoff time. Look at the Clippers and their struggles. Those bigs can't post up consistently.

I have always like Scott's game and I see him trying to extend his range which is good for both him and the school. I might be in the minority, but I have always seen him as a 4-year guy that gets better every year.

If anyone is bored tonight there are a couple of future zona commits playing tonight. There aren't any good games on tonight if you aren't a nba fan. Findlay vs Bishop in 15 minutes, and after Stanley Johnson plays. Games are on CBS Sports Network.

Guess not. Findlay vs Prime Prep

Last edited:
Scott seems to use either hand well around the basket. I think this is a big plus for him when the pro teams begin to compare available bigs.

Is my addiction to hoop-math rubbing off ? :nod:

Scott is an interesting case study - I think it comes down to - is he athletic enough? He struggles when he tries to hedge on the p&r and get back to his man, also can he dunk? I joke, but his hops are.....lacking
Is someone's jump height a thing that is bred in, or can you significantly improve it through certain exercises?

Gotta say, since the discussion veered towards Scott, that his post game looked very polished against ok st. If he could play like that consistently then I don't see why the NBA wouldn't want him by the end of next season

Gotta say, since the discussion veered towards Scott, that his post game looked very polished against ok st. If he could play like that consistently then I don't see why the NBA wouldn't want him by the end of next season

I love Scott's game....but I don't think the NBA guys are gonna drool over him because of his measurables and lack of true upper level athleticism. He is more of a 2nd round guy IMO and I think that is why he will stay all 4 and be a 2nd round senior pick for a team

Completely depends on how much his body matures. Right now, I don't think he could maintain deep post position against NBA players or finish through contact.

I'm just thinking what life after Spencer will be like. We have the youngest team in the PAC, which bodes well. But we likely trade Spencer for Dom. Then Ski. But then I look at young guys lie XJ who can be a lot better. Still, Tad needs to keep bringing in the talent. I also can't help to imagine how great we would be if Spencer decides to come back. It's been great watching this program rise from the ashes. The trick now will be to sustain it.

I'm just thinking what life after Spencer will be like. We have the youngest team in the PAC, which bodes well. But we likely trade Spencer for Dom. Then Ski. But then I look at young guys lie XJ who can be a lot better. Still, Tad needs to keep bringing in the talent. I also can't help to imagine how great we would be if Spencer decides to come back. It's been great watching this program rise from the ashes. The trick now will be to sustain it.
Well, you're basically trading the improvement made by 11 guys, plus Dom, for the Mayor. As much as losing Dinwiddie will hurt, I think next year's squad could be better. And if we can land two or three of the prospects currently on the radar for 2015, watch out! Tad has taken the program so far, I don't really think we're in danger of the drop-off we saw in the past when guys like Boyce or Chauncey left.

Spencer is such a leader and elite guard that is rare for CU. The NCAAT is so Guard oriented, hopefully we ride him to a special season and a Sweet 16

Losing a player like Spencer will definitely hurt. No getting around that. But Dom's one of the top recruits to ever sign with CU, so Tad did about as well as possible on bringing in an heir apparent.

Where next year's team really improves is the frontcourt. Not only do Scott, Wes, XJ and Dustin all return but we trade Mills for Tory Miller and likely get some much-improved wing depth with Fletch and King advancing into their sophomore seasons.

If J-Hop, Dom and XT can give the Buffs + production from the PG spot, that frontcourt with the return of Ski for his senior year makes the Buffs a nasty, nasty team for 2014-15.

If we were losing Spencer and Ski...that would be worrisome....J-Hop and Ski give us the luxury of bringing Collier around at his pace, not rushed to make him play key minutes right away.

Our front court will be nasty next year and our wings will be amazing

Back