What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Nice Job Dan- You Have Pissed Off Your QB

If the coach was someone other than Hawkins, I would probably be on your side. But I despise D2 Danny so much that I just don't care.
They're both wrong imo.

Tyler needs to play a lot better before he starts whining about how he's not getting a fair shot. I had a big problem for him calling out Kiesau in that Rivals interview.

We all know Hawkins is a ****ty coach. Cant' argue there.

How can a QB play better than 70% completions?

I can certainly agree that Hansen needs to throw the ball DOWN FIELD a bit more often, but his offensive line has been a sieve so far this year, and most of the time by the time he finishes his drop he's got somebody in the backfield with him.

I can certainly agree that Hansen needs to throw the ball DOWN FIELD a bit more often, but his offensive line has been a sieve so far this year, and most of the time by the time he finishes his drop he's got somebody in the backfield with him.
I agree that the OL is bad. And it affects Hansen, I just think he stalls in the red zone. I think Tyler can play a hell of a lot better than he is right now. But hey, that's jmo.

That's a good point. Hansen has completed 65% of his passes on the year and has a QB rating of over 125 for the season. It's hard to say he is not playing well this year. Could he be better? Sure he could. But he's done a pretty damn good job. Hansen has only had one dog**** game, and that was at Cal.

I agree that the OL is bad. And it affects Hansen, I just think he stalls in the red zone. I think Tyler can play a hell of a lot better than he is right now. But hey, that's jmo.

I think he can play BETTER too -- but that does not mean I think he played BAD.

I think Tyler Hansen is a square peg in a round hole. I do not understand WHY our coaches continue to run offenses that DON'T FIT OUR PERSONNEL. It seems like we had ONE SEASON where we ran an offense that fit the personnel under Hawkins, and coincidentally that was the ONE SEASON that we went to a bowl game.

Hansen is an average passing QB, and an above average running QB. Colorado has no business running a straight drop-back pro-style offense with Tyler Hansen at QB. He simply can not run it because it's not an offense that suits him. Colorado has no business running a straight option style offense with Tyler Hansen at QB - he isn't fast enough for it. But I watched Tyler Hansen outrun defenders against Georgia, and I doubt CU will play any teams this year who have BETTER athletes than what Georgia had on the field. Certainly NOT Missouri. So why do we not roll Tyler Hansen out and give him the option to RUN the ball some? Where were the misdirection plays against Missouri - where the entire OL shows a rush to one side, and the play breaks back to the other. Where were the naked bootlegs? Where is the offense that emphasizes our personnel??

And while we are on this subject -- who is that completely totally unathletic tight end?! Hansen threw a couple passes to him against Mizzou and I was almost embarrassed to watch that kid with the ball. Is that the best tight end CU has?!?! God help us for the future if that is the case. (Not that we throw to the tight end on anything more than a 3 yard pattern anyway)

That will happen when you cant run the ball. The shorter field makes it much easier on DBs. We are missing a big back to make the hard yards.

That's a good point. Hansen has completed 65% of his passes on the year and has a QB rating of over 125 for the season. It's hard to say he is not playing well this year. Could he be better? Sure he could. But he's done a pretty damn good job. The Oline had one dog**** game, and that was at Cal.

fify. I still think Hansen could have been much better in that game if we could have blocked anyone. Our Oline got abused in that game!

fify. I still think Hansen could have been much better in that game if we could have blocked anyone. Our Oline got abused in that game!

Yeah, but Hansen also panicked a lot in that game and threw 3 picks. I didn't see him panic against Mizzou.

I thought he was cool under pressure against Georgia. I thought he was tight against Mizzou. I think it has to do with our road record and him just trying too hard. Not relaxing.

That's a good point. Hansen has completed 65% of his passes on the year and has a QB rating of over 125 for the season. It's hard to say he is not playing well this year. Could he be better? Sure he could. But he's done a pretty damn good job. Hansen has only had one dog**** game, and that was at Cal.

A QB rating of 125 in the college game is pretty mediocre.

I watched College Football Live or whatever it is yesterday. Well Michigan's qb had a team only meeting and tore into their ass. Tyler needs to command the ship and do the same. Quit your crying and start playing like you can. If he wants to play for what he says he does, that shouldnt be a problem. Step up, its that simple.

Hopefully he acknowledged that he needs to improve as well. I saw some post game comments by him saying crap like "I can't do it all by myself". I saw parts of the MSU game and he threw I think 3 picks in the red zone. Not a good performance.

Back