What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Nick Saban is retiring from coaching

If Sark leaves the fallout could be delicious. . .

Justice Finkley feels like the one that got away to me.
Arch
Ryan Wingo, Brandon Baker, Aaron Butler, etc...

If Sark leaves the fallout could be delicious. . .

Justice Finkley feels like the one that got away to me.
Arch
Ryan Wingo, Brandon Baker, Aaron Butler, etc...
Same with Norvell. Having two elite rosters and incoming freshman classes eligible for pillaging would be pretty amazing

You'd have to talk me off a ledge with Norvell
FSU is a storied program and I genuinely think CP wants to build his own legacy. I also think he is one that "keeps receipts" and FSU turned him down when he wanted to get into coaching. He also chose not to acknowledge FSU as his alma mater, even though it's technically true. He's gone after a number of their commitments, players, and "stole" Hunter from them. I don't know, it feels a bit personal to him

FSU is a storied program and I genuinely think CP wants to build his own legacy. I also think he is one that "keeps receipts" and FSU turned him down when he wanted to get into coaching. He also chose not to acknowledge FSU as his alma mater, even though it's technically true. He's gone after a number of their commitments, players, and "stole" Hunter from them. I don't know, it feels a bit personal to him
I don’t understand the angst about CP leaving. Does anyone think he will leave now, considering he is coaching his kids this year? Sure, all bets are off after this season. But for ****’s sake, and I hesitate to say this, step off the ledge.

I don’t understand the angst about CP leaving. Does anyone think he will leave now, considering he is coaching his kids this year? Sure, all bets are off after this season. But for ****’s sake, and I hesitate to say this, step off the ledge.
I mean, anyone can transfer right now. He could take another job and bring Shedeur, Travis and Shilo with him, not to mention Seaton, Edwards, Cormani, Mikell, Miller, etc.

NM...what Yak and Darth said.

Agree that folks are being a little dramatic with the hand-wringing, but couldn't his kids transfer if he decided to take a job elsewhere?
True, but seems so ridiculous to contemplate. CP takes his guys with him and what happens with the guys already in place in Oregon or wherever he goes? Rebellion in the locker room.

True, but seems so ridiculous to contemplate. CP takes his guys with him and what happens with the guys already in place? Rebellion in the locker room.
That's why there's a bit of a double edged sword with CP. Everyone is committing to him, not Colorado, so the moment he leaves everyone is likely bouncing as well, unless the new coach is a baller as well and convinces them to stay or they view easier playing time at CU.

I think it becomes less of a problem if CP leaves in a couple years after reestablishing CU as a solid program that kids don't view as a laughing stock.

That's why there's a bit of a double edged sword with CP. Everyone is committing to him, not Colorado, so the moment he leaves everyone is likely bouncing as well, unless the new coach is a baller as well and convinces them to stay or they view easier playing time at CU.

I think it becomes less of a problem if CP leaves in a couple years after reestablishing CU as a solid program that kids don't view as a laughing stock.
This will definitely happen. The question is when.

No doubt in my book. And I think that Americans usually tend to exaggerate when they say "all sports", but Saban's consistent and continuous exellence over roughly a decade and a half means he doesn't have to hide from anyone. He wasn't the most influential coach and didn't change the game like others have, but over the last 15 years or so Alabama was just a a machine that was churning out ten win season after ten win season.
The greatest coach ever? Or the greatest college football coach? John Wooden is on line 1 requesting an answer. As far as a coach, regardless of sport, Wooden is unmatched.

Sark to Bama
Norvell to Texas
Lane to FSU
DeBoer to Ole Miss
Lanning to Washington
Dan Hawkins 2.0 to Oregon
Duck fans to the gulag

In all of the chaos, Chip Kelly decides this is too much and resigns to return to his roots as an OC. Chip Kelly to CU
You failed to mention all the 5 star players transferring out at each school when the coach departs, each signing with CU! CU wins back to back Chips and each of the above mentioned coaches are fired

This will definitely happen. The question is when.
The caveat is if he leaves to coach another program or if he leaves to coach in the NFL or retire from coaching. The former would suck. The latter would be manageable as I think he would be there to help pick his successor and not as many kids would likely leave.

The caveat is if he leaves to coach another program or if he leaves to coach in the NFL or retire from coaching. The former would suck. The latter would be manageable as I think he would be there to help pick his successor and not as many kids would likely leave.
Agreed. I was assuming the former - which may never happen. Here's to hoping!

I mean, anyone can transfer right now. He could take another job and bring Shedeur, Travis and Shilo with him, not to mention Seaton, Edwards, Cormani, Mikell, Miller, etc.

Jerry Seinfeld GIF

I think it is likely they go to someone with a proven record, SEC experience and Bama ties. So:

Smart, but he isn't likely to leave the machine he has built in GA
Sark, but will the big cigars simply outbid?
Kiffin, he would be my bet
Dabo, a little bit of a stretch to meet the criteria, but he goes on what I would call my A list

B List, SEC experience, HC experience, hot names:
Lanning, but the sweatshop boys may have him in a stranglehold
Drinkwitz, would be an odd, but possibly successful choice
Norvell, maybe
Brian Kelly, good coach but I have never understood that guy being south of the Mason-Dixon

C List: HC experience with enough splash to satisfy your average Bammer:
Lincoln Riley, maybe
Ryan Day, maybe
James Franklin, longshot
Kalen DeBoer, a darkhorse in my opinion
Gus Malzahn, haven't seen his name, but it is one that occurs to me.

Bama can pretty much pick whoever they want, with very few exceptions.

I hope I am not whistling past the graveyard, but I just don't see Prime leaving CU.

Prime is at CU for as long as CU will have him and right now that is indefinite until otherwise proven to not bear fruit
Do we need to perform on the field and win, yes, but the fruit so far is delicious and starting to ripen

A Natty at Alabama or Georgia is old news

A Natty at Colorado or any other school is glorious, and Prime likes Glory and loves living in Colorado

The greatest coach ever? Or the greatest college football coach? John Wooden is on line 1 requesting an answer. As far as a coach, regardless of sport, Wooden is unmatched.
If we did a "greatest coach ever regardless of sport" then Wooden is absolutely within that group with Saban, Pat Summitt and a handful of others who someone could say is the GOAT and fully justify & defend their opinion. It may be subjective, but the number of coaches who are reasonable choices is hyper select.

Sark to Bama
Norvell to Texas
Lane to FSU
DeBoer to Ole Miss
Lanning to Washington
Dan Hawkins 2.0 to Oregon
Duck fans to the gulag

In all of the chaos, Chip Kelly decides this is too much and resigns to return to his roots as an OC. Chip Kelly to CU
tonight show singing GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

rat face lanning staying in oregon is fine-- we can still hate him on max blast at all times.

now i root for sark to bama. texasss tears are always delicious.

i would be really surprised if bama hires deboer. that feels like a stretch.

rat face lanning staying in oregon is fine-- we can still hate him on max blast at all times.

now i root for sark to bama. texasss tears are always delicious.

i would be really surprised if bama hires deboer. that feels like a stretch.
This woke me up from a few week dormant period....

I am sitting here laughing at Sark leaving with Arch.... would be perfect for my pompous nephew that chose to go to Texas.

Back