What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Nick Saban is retiring from coaching

Debore would be smart to take the job. He inherited elite talent and brought in the right QB at UW. The talent will soon shrivel with his recruits becoming starters.
I think he may wait on Michigan.

Harbaugh will take another shot at the NFL.

I think Saban does Gameday for a bit.....or maybe even joins Fowler and Herbstreit in that booth for a few years. He's said he'll do something.

Last edited:
Lol respectable but no
lol?

“Five of the staff would go on to become the winningest head coaches at five different programs: Snyder (Kansas State), Alvarez (Wisconsin), Stoops (Oklahoma), McCarney (Iowa State) and Ferentz (Iowa)”

I like the guys on Niks list, kiffin is cool, but who has done anything of substance on Sabans 2015 list besides Kirby smart.

lol respectfully, not much.

That gets reasonably close despite some JAGs, but mostly based on program building and sustaining. From HC on down, that Iowa staff didn't win national championships other than Stoops, who was a GA. As great as that coaching group was, it is a distant 2nd. I'd favor them after we get past HC/OC/DC of Saban/Kiffin/Smart, though. But remember that we're also comparing full careers from '83 against a group from 9 years ago with many of them still moving up the coaching ranks.
Smart and stoops are a wash.

Snyder, Kirk and Barry all have track records that outweigh Kiffins.

We can only match them for what they are today.

I’m taking the side of 4+ hall of fame coaches on one staff being more legendary than a bunch of HCs that got hired because they worked for saban. Let’s come back in 5-10 years and see where the current HCs are. Napier and Mario on their last legs. Two bad seasons and Dan is a DC again.

Tuck is done. Tosh is an ace recruiter.

Kiffin who hasn’t won anything, and Kirby.

we want it to be sark or some other big program hc so it hurts across the board.

i saw a random tweet today-- tuberville is on the list for the bama job which would be funny as hell as he and saban could literally swap jobs but there is no ****ign way that is true.

and, they ain't hiring the bama oc for the job. they are gonna go big. deboer is a horrible fit so maybe we should root for that.

It’s going to be Muschamp. Was always the heir to the saban dynasty.

He has been reformed by Kirby since his Scar UF days.

Harbaugh leaving would put a wrench in the whole situation leaving.

Would DeBoer want the Michigan or Bama job?

I think so too. But if you were Michigan, who would you choose?
Anyways

Awkward Jay Z GIF by Complex

Anyone else think DeBoer is an odd fit at Bama? No Southern ties and doesn’t seem like a through and through recruiter
I thought he’d just use Bama as a negotiating tactic to squeeze Washington. Feels much more like a OSU/UM type guy if he were to leave UW

Still wouldn’t be surprised if Norvell jettisons to Bama after the CFP snub and sanctions to the P2

Best coach I've ever seen and probably will ever see.

Saban not only won the chips and had consistently gaudy records, but he also did more to mentor, develop and rehab coaches than anyone I've ever seen. And he ran such a strong operation that he achieved so much for so long without scandal.

He's 1 of 1 in my book.
And he was a great, umm, money manager.

I thought he’d just use Bama as a negotiating tactic to squeeze Washington. Feels much more like a OSU/UM type guy if he were to leave UW

Still wouldn’t be surprised if Norvell jettisons to Bama after the CFP snub and sanctions to the P2
Yeah I think it's gonna be Norvell.

If it’s not DeBoer or Norvell, who is next on the list?
They circle back to Lanning after his public reassurances to Oregon. He releases a tweet about his commitment to #thebuild. Following a victory conference with boosters, Lanning boards a plane to Tuscaloosa. Wheels fall off for Oregon and their irate fans are laughed at since it’s a “business decision”.

One year of positive results is followed by a down year. Lanning uncontrollably masturbates to sexual assault victims, ultimately leading to his fall from grace and Alabama is mired in scandal.

We’ve seen this film before

Back