What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Nick Saban is retiring from coaching

He's black, bud.

Rittenburg's only other candidate right now (if not DeBoer) is James Franklin, who is also black, but probably looks white enough for Bama boosters to accept.

You Dont Say Nicholas Cage GIF

If they want a recruiter who worked under saban they should go to Tosh.

If they want a winner who can be the CEO, they should go Chris Klieman

Mike Price would like a word.

Also, to @Duff Man 's point, no one in that admin (I'm guessing) has ever had to hire a HC. It's even more of a possibility that it's a **** show.

Utlimately, i think they end up with someone who's ok to take a MASSIVE ****ing contract for 3 years, then ride off into the sunset with a buyout after not producing results in the same stratosphere as Saban.

Yes, i'm quoting myself.

I don't know about the rest of the AD, but I had no idea and looked up the Athletic Director at Bama, Kevin Byrne. As AD, he's hired two football coaches- at Mississippi State, he hired Dan Mullen which was a great hire for that program. As AD at Arizona, he hired Rich Rodriguez, which I would characterize as a slightly better than average hire- they didn't have a ton of success, but they did go to the Fiesta Bowl.

If they want a recruiter who worked under saban they should go to Tosh.

If they want a winner who can be the CEO, they should go Chris Klieman
I'd love to see Ole Miss reeling. They are SO close for 2024...if the rug were pulled out it would be delicious.

Washington athletic director Troy Dannen has made an aggressive pitch to keep DeBoer, sources told ESPN's Pete Thamel, with a new contract that would make him one of the 10 highest-paid coaches in the FBS and more than double his current annual salary of $4.2 million.

DeBoer would owe Washington a $12 million buyout if he leaves. He signed a two-year contract extension through the 2028 season in November.

I think there will be an exodus from Bama. I could see guys staying around to play for Sark, Norvell or Lanning, but DeBoer just seems like a guy that those guys aren't going to stay around for.

y'all worry too much.

CP is here.

also, saban may be off to congress to help save democracy! how can you fault him for that?

Saban is such a legend in Alabama that he could actually win as a democrat there. Would love to see Tuberville get unsealed too, dude might be the dumbest senator in American history.

Kind of feels like best case scenario. I think Bama players and commits likely to look around, UW players almost assuredly will as well, and perhaps UW goes after Fisch.

This has to be Locksley and Drink's agent just throwing names out there to get them both raises, right? I mean, I guess I could see Drink because he has done a phenomenal job with Mizzou and obviously understands and embraces transfer portal and NIL, but Locksley??

Locksley probably keeps status quo in place for them and is a bit more marketable to their fans than say......Rees would be.

Guessing though.

UW losing most of their significant starters. DeBoer's stock will never be higher. Smart move for him. UW is crashing and burning, at least in terms of their fans expectations.

This thread is now approaching 400 posts of almost nothing but pure speculation and it isn't even about CU or a program we play on a regular basis!

Classic.

Back