What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Nick Saban is retiring from coaching

Ooof…with Roger’s going back in the portal UW apparently only has 2 scholarship QBs, a redshirt freshman and true Frosh commit from this years recruiting class.

Ooof…with Roger’s going back in the portal UW apparently only has 2 scholarship QBs, a redshirt freshman and true Frosh commit from this years recruiting class.
There will be talent available after spring. Not nearly the disaster it would have been 5 years ago

DeBoer is not that elite of a recruiter and inherited a lot of talent at UW, but was not killing it even this year at around #29 overall
Trades up to pretty much the second most talented roster. I think he is actually a really good Football Coach, but as an overall program steward, I am not sure he will keep Alabama anywhere close to where Saban had it, likely slips down in the SEC

DeBoer is not that elite of a recruiter and inherited a lot of talent at UW, but was not killing it even this year at around #29 overall
Trades up to pretty much the second most talented roster. I think he is actually a really good Football Coach, but as an overall program steward, I am not sure he will keep Alabama anywhere close to where Saban had it, likely slips down in the SEC

Dawgman is timid

is where all the true assholes are
Oh my. AllBuffs is so much classier with our profanity filtering. Just curious - is there a CU fan site for Neanderthals mouth breathers who have the vocabulary of Beavis and Butthead? That board appears to be a collection of people with serious mental health problems. On the bright side, they've moved well beyond the "our academics are so much better than Alabama" stage.

Last edited:
Maybe this is an obvious comment, but I can't imagine Alabama AD hasn't been talking to DeBoer for a while now with how quickly this got done.
DeBoer hiring Jimmy Sexton didn't hurt here.

He represents 12 SEC head coaches.

Last edited:
Oh my. AllBuffs is so much classier with our profanity filtering. Just curious - is there a CU fan site for Neanderthals mouth breathers who have the vocabulary of Beavis and Butthead? That board appears to be a collection of people with serious mental health problems. On the bright side, they've moved well beyond the "our academics are so much better than Alabama" stage.
giphy.gif

Gotta be honest. UW's screwed going into the Big Ten. Starting over, Oregon proving that they will pay any amount necessary to win, and having to compete now with two of the biggest programs in the country for playoff spots.

I'm curious about this move by Bama. I'm wondering if DeBoer sold them on a vision where he's going to surround himself with top notch recruiters where he's the football guy and only touches recruiting when he's needed to close.

DeBoer hiring Jimmy Sexton didn't hurt here.

He represents 12 SEC head coaches.
Sexton’s client retires. Sexton gets large raises for three other clients just for ensuring their names are part of the short list. Once raises for those clients have been secured, Sexton’s other client, who was likely the one getting the job all along, is announced as the hire.

I’d be pissed if I were some ADs, but whatever, nothing they can do.

Gotta be honest. UW's screwed going into the Big Ten. Starting over, Oregon proving that they will pay any amount necessary to win, and having to compete now with two of the biggest programs in the country for playoff spots.

I'm curious about this move by Bama. I'm wondering if DeBoer sold them on a vision where he's going to surround himself with top notch recruiters where he's the football guy and only touches recruiting when he's needed to close.
I could see that. How he fills out his staff is going to be really interesting. If I'm him, the only guy I have to bring with me from UW is Ryan Grubb.

And if we're honest....none of the PAC 12 teams that are joining the Big 10 are going to compete for the foreseeable future.

Last edited:
Sexton’s client retires. Sexton gets large raises for three other clients just for ensuring their names are part of the short list. Once raises for those clients have been secured, Sexton’s other client, who was likely the one getting the job all along, is announced as the hire.

I’d be pissed if I were some ADs, but whatever, nothing they can do.
Yeah. Cover 3 talked about Lanning and Sarkisian having more NIL resources because Alabama got away with relying on dangling an opportunity to play for Saban for so long to kids, but I don't know if I buy those two as realistic candidates just because of how quickly DeBoer's name emerged here.

Back