What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

No Penalty Due?

How's that? Even if we forfeit 80% of the additional revenue, we still keep 20% of it...

You sound like my clients who look for ways to spend money on **** they don't need, just because they'll reduce their taxes by 1/3 of what they spend.... :huh:

:lol:

Yep. I may not be a math whiz, but I feel confident that keeping a percentage of $10 million is better than keeping the same percentage of $8 million dollars. Someone may want to double-check that, though.

San Diego: I completely agree with you on the problems with the bylaws & negotiations and the likely resolution.. Although I think we may both have been a bit off with the timing. I believe it's that % reduction for however many more years you remain in the conference. The 50% can only apply if you've given 2 years notice. Theoretically, a member could have given 36 months notice and collected 50% less for the last 2 years. The others only apply if you've given less than 2 years notice.

San Diego: I completely agree with you on the problems with the bylaws & negotiations and the likely resolution.. Although I think we may both have been a bit off with the timing. I believe it's that % reduction for however many more years you remain in the conference. The 50% can only apply if you've given 2 years notice. Theoretically, a member could have given 36 months notice and collected 50% less for the last 2 years. The others only apply if you've given less than 2 years notice.

Yeah, I've read those lines so many times I've gone cross eyed, and everything about that clause is open to interpretation, and not just vague leagal interpretation either. It's pretty poorly written by any standard.

In addition to UTs last minute change of heart. I'm sure there are plenty of documented communications in which UT says it will go. If you say you're going to take you six friends and your ball and leave, then two other people leave, can you really charge them (withhold) just because you changed your mind at the last minute?

Regardless, it's not like the admin went into this assuming there would be no buyout. They assumed the penalty and hoped for no buyout.

I like this analogy. Imagine you and your buddies are playing football at the school playground. Your buddy Tex says, alright everybody, let's all go home game over. You and your friend Herbie and everyone else take off and go home. But Tex had told everyone else to come back so they can play longer. Ralph and Herbie go home and the game continues. How the hell was Ralph and Herbie supposed to know Tex and his little followers were going to come back?

I think we should fight it, but CU will roll over unless we team up with NU.

Back