What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

North favorite 2009

KU will get the favorite nod since they are the only north team with a really good returning starter at QB, which makes a big difference in most games. NU/CU, barring injuries, should end up 1/2 since KU has the same south schedule and will be 5-3, at best, in the conference.

i'd rank the teams that might "play a lick of defense" as KU, CU, and NU in no order but i'd also pick my North champ from that list as well.

Jiminy, we get KU, MU, ATM, and Nebraska all at home. talk about big games. i'm including ATM since that's a *must win* game or we might as well be playing OU and UT in the south rotation (like KU does). I like our chances to be in the picture since we don't play both OU and UT. If we are not in the picture with those home games against the major competitors, i think it's time to send Hawk back to Machu Pichu.

any win in Manhattan and (gulp) Ames, would be nice too.

CU is 5-2 in the Big 12 and is playing NU for the North Title in Boulder the day after thanksgiving! The team that wins puts up a good fight in the conference championship. At least that's the way I see it.

I agree with Montana Buff's assesment on what the pre-season mags will print.

CU is 5-2 in the Big 12 and is playing NU for the North Title in Boulder the day after thanksgiving! The team that wins puts up a good fight in the conference championship. At least that's the way I see it.

I agree with Montana Buff's assesment on what the pre-season mags will print.

as for a good fight, 08 was supposed to be UT's "rebuilding year". they could be scary next year. especially, if for some reason Sergio Kindle comes back.

I'll take us at 4-3 in conference along with a couple others.

as for a good fight, 08 was supposed to be UT's "rebuilding year". they could be scary next year. especially, if for some reason Sergio Kindle comes back.

Dunno that they'll ever be scarier than they were in '05, but you could be right. Was a Harrell to Crabtree miracle away from being in Miami. Defensively they should be better. Secondary was pretty young.

I'll take us at 4-3 in conference along with a couple others.

They will be stronger on D but will lose their top 2 receivers which might hurt them a little. They would've lost to tOSU without Cosby.

They will be stronger on D but will lose their top 2 receivers which might hurt them a little. They would've lost to tOSU without Cosby.

Cosby is gone, but Shipley will be back. They will be just fine at WR, the young guys they had playing this year (especially Malcolm Williams) are going to be good.

Biggest key to their season is going to be finding a more consistent running game. McCoy will not survive another season taking the hits he took this season IMO.

Cosby is gone, but Shipley will be back. They will be just fine at WR, the young guys they had playing this year (especially Malcolm Williams) are going to be good.

Biggest key to their season is going to be finding a more consistent running game. McCoy will not survive another season taking the hits he took this season IMO.

Just looked it up on wiki and it says he gets a 6th year for medical hardships. WTF?

KU will get the favorite nod since they are the only north team with a really good returning starter at QB, which makes a big difference in most games. NU/CU, barring injuries, should end up 1/2 since KU has the same south schedule and will be 5-3, at best, in the conference.

They also got 2 great WR recruits who just verbally committed to KU. The Fat Man is doing pretty good at recruiting this year.

It has to be Kansas or Nebraska with the edge going to Kansas. It'll be interesting to see if anyone has figured out Reesing yet next year, as well as how the new QBs play for Mizzou and Neb.

Back