What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Not buying out Hawkins will be more costly in the long run.

If the season is a bust, we can’t afford not to fire Hawkins.

CU spends over 30 million dollars on the football program alone each year. It is the only sport that makes money, and in fact supports the other sports. 3 million over 3 years is 3.33% of the annual budget.

What will be the long term loss of revenue if Hawkins stays?
1. Which network wants to televise a bad team? How many fans are lost because they can’t watch the Buffs.
2. Fans who buy tickets, food, apparel… will stop supporting the buffs. How long do you lose them for? Who will replace them?
3. Can you ask the remaining fans for more money to make up the loss without losing even more?
(I almost dropped my ticket because they raised prices during a national crisis)
4. Look at the student body seats this weekend, I bet we see at least ¼ less students. My nephew is at CU this year and says that most students don’t care about football anymore.
5. Last I heard there were 10,000 seats left for a game with a collage less than 2 hours away.
6. The longer the program is irrelevant, the harder it is to draw talent to the team. That makes the rebuilding process even longer and even more revenue will be lost.

I can’t help but think it is short sighted not to conceder the long term damage keeping Hawkins will do.

I hate to burst your bubble, but the budget for the football team is 12 million dollars, not 30 million. The annual revenue is about 30 million though. Maybe that's what you meant?

Back