What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Nov. 7-9 Other Games Thread

Oh, throwing the ball in the end zone can result in a touchdown. Took them 4 downs to realize that

Also another good example of how Shaw's super conservative offensive approach can bite him in the ass. Stanford pounded Oregon into a pulp all game, and only managed 2 touchdowns. It almost cost them in the end.

Time of Possession

Stanford 45:30
Oregon 14:30

Last edited:
Note to CU strength and conditioning coach. You see stanford's players. They look like they actually TAKE LIFTING and training seriously. CU hasn't looked like that since 94.

Welp, Oregon is done for NC and Heisman now. Colorado continues to own hardware that Oregon doesn't. Bye O ree gone.

Note to CU strength and conditioning coach. You see stanford's players. They look like they actually TAKE LIFTING and training seriously. CU hasn't looked like that since 94.

Ya maybe we should hire one of their assistants or something.... oh wait

Our strength and conditioning coach was the assistant strength and conditioning coach from 08-10 at Stanford. I think he knows their training...

Despite the final score in the end, UCLA exposed Oregon for a good 40 minutes or so in Autzen. Stanford was paying close attention.

IMO, Oregon has a serious attitude problem. I saw way too many Ducks half-assing it. Maybe that works when you're playing teams you can run circles around, but if you find yourself in a dogfight, it's going to kill you. There were guys giving up on their routes, lazy tackles, and guys just not giving it their all.

I think that is on Helfrich. I know things can easily change, but what I saw tonight was very reminiscent of Skippy's first year here, where Osborne and ****ing Glen Mason coached circles around him.

The best S&C coach in the country won't have our team looking like Stanford's anytime soon. Those guys are massive and not from the S&C. (not implying roids)

We're going to be like Stanford, but in a spread offense. This is going to be awesome.

IMO, Oregon has a serious attitude problem. I saw way too many Ducks half-assing it. Maybe that works when you're playing teams you can run circles around, but if you find yourself in a dogfight, it's going to kill you. There were guys giving up on their routes, lazy tackles, and guys just not giving it their all.

I think that is on Helfrich. I know things can easily change, but what I saw tonight was very reminiscent of Skippy's first year here, where Osborne and ****ing Glen Mason coached circles around him.

There was that guy in the 3rd was crying down 26 pts. Yeah, you got your ass kicked, but man up and do something when you are on the field. ****ty attitude.

The best S&C coach in the country won't have our team looking like Stanford's anytime soon. Those guys are massive and not from the S&C. (not implying roids)
Obviously, completely different play styles and thus different athlete they recruit. Mine was more referring to the fact that too many of our guys don't even come close to looking like D1 players and I expect that to change under Forman, it's just going to take some time.

Yup, big difference in blue chip OLs and low 3* players. They have so much depth on the OL it's crazy. Best OL in the country. When I used to lift some people can just pack on more easily than others, even if you are sleeping well and eating well and doing the same program. At 5'6" I was never going to be able to lift as some of the guys 6'1" with broader shoulders. We need guys with bigger frames to look like them.

And that OL played like ass against a very good Utah DL.

There was that guy in the 3rd was crying down 26 pts. Yeah, you got your ass kicked, but man up and do something when you are on the field. ****ty attitude.

I'm not a fan of that guy, but I'd rather see someone so torn up over a loss like that than DAT who was having a blast as if they were up 70-3 on Portland Tech. Neither is preferable, but give me the former as opposed to the latter.

Obviously, completely different play styles and thus different athlete they recruit. Mine was more referring to the fact that too many of our guys don't even come close to looking like D1 players and I expect that to change under Forman, it's just going to take some time.

I was moreso responding to syko's post. When we start recruiting 6'6 DEs, 6'3 LBs, 6'6 TEs, etc. Then we can ask why we don't look like Stanford. Hell, their QB is probably bigger and stronger than most of our defenders.

I'm not a fan of that guy, but I'd rather see someone so torn up over a loss like that than DAT who was having a blast as if they were up 70-3 on Portland Tech. Neither is preferable, but give me the former as opposed to the latter.

I was moreso responding to syko's post. When we start recruiting 6'6 DEs, 6'3 LBs, 6'6 TEs, etc. Then we can ask why we don't look like Stanford. Hell, their QB is probably bigger and stronger than most of our defenders.

You can also add in when we have a OL depth chart full of top 250 4*'s and a few 5*'s, same with the DL.

I'm not saying Stanford should've found another version of Andrew Luck by now, but they should do better than Hogan. That guy throws like his arm is in a cast. They have had WR classes in the last 3-4 years we would kill for, there is no reason their offense is so dependent on the 7-8 OL formations.

If Shaw ever bitches about why he hasn't made a BCS championship yet, he can point to himself. He's got the tools and the recruiting on hand to put a truly balanced offense together. I don't know why he chooses to just pound it and start a QB that sucks at throwing.

I'm not saying Stanford should've found another version of Andrew Luck by now, but they should do better than Hogan. That guy throws like his arm is in a cast. They have had WR classes in the last 3-4 years we would kill for, there is no reason their offense is so dependent on the 7-8 OL formations.

If Shaw ever bitches about why he hasn't made a BCS championship yet, he can point to himself. He's got the tools and the recruiting on hand to put a truly balanced offense together. I don't know why he chooses to just pound it and start a QB that sucks at throwing.

Agreed, not seeing them winning a NC with Hogan at QB. He's a nice game manager, but if the running game doesn't work, he aint gonna win the game for them.

1463490_10152009029076125_97831323_n.jpg

Back