What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NU picked 4th in B12. good read.

Yeah, you almost beat them. That does count for something, but in terms of where the two programs stand right now, there's absolutely no comparison. If you're going to try to argue that point, you're a dumb****.

Disagree. Texas got beat by KSU and A&M not to mention almost losing to Iowa, Nebraska and Texas Tech. We beat A&M and almost beat Texas. I don't think we're that far off realistically. Granted I agree Texas is better but to compare NU vs. Texas like Ball State to USC is ridiculous.

Last edited:
Disagree. Texas got the stomp by Oklahoma, A&M and almost us last year. We beat A&M and almost beat Texas. I don't think we're that far off realistically. Granted I agree Texas is better but to compare NU vs. Texas like Ball State to USC is ridiculous.

Texas beat Oklahoma pretty convincingly. They lost to A&M with their QB at less than 100% (actually not even close to 100%). If you want to say you're close to A&M, that's fine, but I'm not sure that's something to brag about. Oklahoma and UT still own this league.

Yeah sorry for the OU faux...I meant KSU. I think the Big12 isn't a gimme anymore. A lot of teams are up and coming with talent. I think K-State...much as I hate to say it...is gonna be suprising this year.

Yeah sorry for the OU faux...I meant KSU. I think the Big12 isn't a gimme anymore. A lot of teams are up and coming with talent. I think K-State...much as I hate to say it...is gonna be suprising this year.

We'll see. Prince was able to work a little magic last year, but he sure seems to piss a lot of people off.

Looks like ESPN top 5 predictions on the Col. FB homepage is giving CU some love. Too lazy to post a linky

NU fans can say all that they like. Truth is that that they know in their hearts that an undefeated season is let alone a Big XII Championship is virtually impossible with this coach.

Thats a completely stupid statement.

Eat Crow Bump :devil2:

Kamel, do you still believe that BC can lead NU to an undefeated season?

I think your right it has nothing to do with Cally and everything to do with Mack Brown's texas and OU, NE and CU are light years away from beating these teams.

Actually, I was saying it had everything to do with Cally. Most NU Fans now realize that Cally sucks which was my assesment from the beginning; he never inspired fear/awe/respect like Dr Tom did.

Four teams hung 40 points or more on them including Ball State. Clearly, with 2/3 of the team being his players, they are sliding.

Eat Crow Bump :devil2:

Kamel, do you still believe that BC can lead NU to an undefeated season?

Actually, I was saying it had everything to do with Cally. Most NU Fans now realize that Cally sucks which was my assesment from the beginning; he never inspired fear/awe/respect like Dr Tom did.

Four teams hung 40 points or more on them including Ball State. Clearly, with 2/3 of the team being his players, they are sliding.

I just don't know. To me, anything is possible but until we can get the heart of Nebraska football back in the program...I guess I fall more on the side of probly not :/

I just don't know. To me, anything is possible but until we can get the heart of Nebraska football back in the program...I guess I fall more on the side of probly not :/

I think you need a coach. I also think you people need (and are getting) a huge dose or reality. You don't have to look any further than the #2 team in America right now, USF; or Appalachian States win over Michigan; or Boise beating Oklahoma in a BCS bowl; or the woes of Notre Dame to see that the game has forever changed. These things would have been unthinkable, impossible just 10 to 15 years ago.

At the end of the Osborne era the NCAA made changes that will probably never allow a powerhouse to exist like before. The reduction in scholarships; the loss of partial qualifiers; the limitations on walk ons; the minimum GPAs now all make it impossible for teams to horde players like they used to. The NCAA has leveled the playing field for the smaller schools. Thats how Appy, Boise, and SoFla are cracking into the big boys game. I think the game is better because of it as well. But the message is this; despite whomever you hire at HC you will never be able to rollover teams every year. There will always be some losses.

In the old days you had to coach at a big school to recruit. Now you can recruit anywhere. You don't have to be at Nebraska or Notre Dame or Oklahom to get all the big time players. Now a good coach can look at a ND or NU job and say no because he knows he can win at a Louisville, Boise, or Rutgers and he'll have job security and more reasonable fans.

Lastly, coaching has gotten much better. You used to be able to roll a school becuase they had no talent and they had a weak offense or a bad game plan and bad coaching. Now you have talent at those schools and good coaching. Gimicky offenses of the past like the wishbone are done. You have to deploy and NFL style spread offense to be successful. Defenses are so good these days that no one demensional offense can survive. You cant just run the ball anymore. You have to be able to pass and run.

Back