What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Off-Season Soccer News

It's called a "flip-throw." Boy can Danica execute them effectively. Perhaps Taylor can use her size and strength to get her head on a number of them in the box.

Yep. Although height (from what relatively little I've seen of soccer) doesn't seem to be a huge thing (???), the Buffs should hopefully have quite a few relatively tall and strong options available this year for throws or free kicks into the box, including transfer Emily Bruder at 5'9" and 5'8" sophomore Sarah Kinzner (although assume she might also stay more up top to control any balls escaping the box?).

As I believe CU did last year, assume they will also bring up 6' defender Joss Orejel for many/ most of the Danica Evans flip throws. And, if she earns the playing time, 5'11" frosh defender Kelsey Aaknes could also go forward to give even more imposing tall and strong physical presence in/ near the box when needed.

And, just from looking at the roster, and having NO idea who of the new Buffs might be in line for significant playing time, transfer midfielder Megan Massey (5'8") and frosh midfielder Camilla Shymka (5'9") bring decent height and could also help in the air when on the field if that's one of their strengths. Also, assume 5'10" defender Alex Vidger, who earned quite a few minutes (873) of playing time for a freshman last season, will also be looked to to go forward as an option on free kicks and deep Danica throw-ins when she's on the pitch (assuming there aren't too many other defenders assigned to go forward on the play).)

Higher quality official version of the same press conference from the tweet with the periscoped version above.

Are they adding alcohol (assume mainly beer) sales at Prentup? Or, am I just not understanding what else the below might mean?

I'm eager to see the squad play this Sunday (3pm vs CSU). Need to get the win at AFA on Friday to kick things off & then Sunday should give a feel on whether last year's problems got fixed in the midfield and if Sanchez has things back on track.

Back