What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Offensively inept

I've been a fan on the men's side since the end of the Walseth era and on the women's side since Day 1 of the program. I am speaking about salaries. CU doesn't pay either Tad or JR the kind of money that will produce championships.

"Boyles", huh?

I'm no longer a season ticket holder because I have not lived in Colorado for over 10 years.

Athletic directors get the kinds of teams they are willing to pay for. Coach Barry said long before she retired that the practice facility (if it ever came) would be after she had retired. She was right.
First let me deeply and sincerely "apologize" who were offended by my misspelling of Coach "Boyle". . I'd like to blame my spell checker but it doesn't catch many personal names, but I blame my fat fingers ;o) Moving on. . .

Somehow several spun off a side comment about my concern for Walton's promising ability to blaming the salary of coach "Boyle_." I have no clue if this is an issue or something to blame for Walton's performance, so I did a little research. Boyle makes $1.5 million plus bonuses as of 2018 (https://www.denverpost.com/2018/01/11/colorado-buffaloes-tad-boyle-extension/). Now I admit to not knowing where this fit among Div 1 coaches so I googled it :eek:).
Seems the average for the top 40 BB college coaches is about "$1 million or more." Don't think Colorado is considered one of the top 40 basketball schools, but I could be. . . wrong. (top two women's BB coaches make between $1.25-$2 million). https://work.chron.com/average-salary-college-basketball-coach-2102.html
Colorado's "Boyle_" is ranked 58th in salaries listed as $1.8 on USAToday (https://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/mens-basketball/coach/) and puts him 8th on the Pac-12 list of coaches (with Pac-12 basketball powerhouse (?) Utah coach at the top earning $3.6 million). So while I don't have any opinion (nor interest) in what Tad Boyle makes, it seems he's paid . . ."reasonably?" Maybe win/loss, NCAA dances, etc. would improve on this (but at the risk of more attacks on a comment, don't ask the season ticket holders, I just come to watch the Buffs play, and a better non-league schedule would be the first start! ;o).

Take a pill Ruckus. We can disagree, without making personal attacks (since you're a paid member, no use reporting your abuse ;o). How long you been a CU men's basketball season ticket holder? Me, over 30 years. Doesn't make me more knowledgeable, but does make me more "experienced?" It's not a contest here. It's an opinion forum. I'm just expressing my disappointment in Walton, who I had I regard for, and gave him a pass on his first year. And so far, I'm not seeing improvement or playing time. I'll keep optimistic about him, but probably not you . . . ;o)
You called Tad Boyle Tad Boyles.

I was probably one of the most critical posters when it came to recruiting Walton, and still am not as high on him as many others here, but that was a no brainer scholarship offer. A 7 footer with promise whose biggest negatives were injuries. You bring him in, hope for the best, and if he can’t make it you medically retire him - he gets to get his degree and we get the scholly back. As for him not showing much this year, he hasn’t had the opportunity to nor have we needed him. Have we played a bruising front court yet? No. Should he be getting the minutes from Battey, Bey or Lucas? No.
Agree! He was a no-brainer recruit, as was probably Mills. But he's still on scholarship, surely? I guess everyone seems to think I'm rushing judgement, but first year, red shirt, and so far this season his stats aren't looking good. Averaging "0.7 pts" per game, 1.4 rebounds . https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/4066353/dallas-walton
He can only get better, so let's hope it's REALLY better. Again, we need a big(ger) post player?

Walton is such a great kid I want him to have success more for him than anything else. He deserves for some good things to happen.

Agree! He was a no-brainer recruit, as was probably Mills. But he's still on scholarship, surely? I guess everyone seems to think I'm rushing judgement, but first year, red shirt, and so far this season his stats aren't looking good. Averaging "0.7 pts" per game, 1.4 rebounds . https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/4066353/dallas-walton
He can only get better, so let's hope it's REALLY better. Again, we need a big(ger) post player?

I don't think Mills was a no-brainer, because he was clearly a reach. Walton is much more coordinated and talented, but he was still a project-recruit that could have been stashed on the roster in hopes of developing to something great. A seven footer, in our backyard, with some mobility - we had to take him, but he's a project, sort of like Dombek. I agree we need better post depth, but attacking Walton as an example is misguided imo due to him being a clear project/risk during recruiting.

Take a pill Ruckus. We can disagree, without making personal attacks (since you're a paid member, no use reporting your personal attack and abuse ;o). How long you been a CU men's basketball season ticket holder? Me, over 30 years. Doesn't make me more knowledgeable, but does make me more "experienced?" and while I don't spend all my time here, I just wanted to see what other thought about Walton. LOL now I do! It's not an opinion contest here. It's an opinion forum. I'm just expressing my disappointment in Walton, who I had I regard for, and gave him a pass on his first year. And so far, I'm not seeing improvement or playing time. I'll keep optimistic about him, but probably not much hope for you improving . . . ;o)

And I think this is fair. Yeah, you were getting ****ted on a bit, but you were also coming off a little strong in your opinions/criticisms imo. Considering that many on this board are disappointed with the UNI game, and there are some newer posters that are trolling the boards with idiotic attacks on Tad and the program, I had just assumed you were a new troll. Glad you took the ****, and hopefully you contribute meaningful discussion, while continuing to take disagreements of course. Go Buffs!

I am watching the Stanford USF game. I am not looking forward to seeing our offense against Stanford's defense. Yikes.

Going to go out on a limb here but had Walton been healthy in high school we would have had zero shot at him, he would have been at one of the perennial top 25 programs. The knee issues are what made him available to us.

Coming out of HS he was a legitimate seven footer who was coordinated and could run. He was skinny but strong for his weight. Tad took a chance knowing that he had knee issues but also knowing that if he could stay healthy and get bulked up he could be a special type of player, a seven footer who could still play in Tad's style of ball.

When Walton got to CU he worked his butt off to rehab himself and in the process put on a solid load of muscle. When he got back on the floor he wasn't a dominant player but showed some real flashes of what he could be on both ends. I was looking forward to seeing what he could do with a solid off-season and coming back into his follow up season. It would not have surprised me if he had become an all PAC 12 type player.

Instead he had another knee injury. I don't know if he is prone to them or has just had terrible luck but it happened. Again by all reports he worked as hard at rehab as anyone could ask. It is not unreasonable though to expect that he would have a long way to come back. After multiple knee injuries it is hard to get the idea of the next one out of your mind. Makes it very hard to make hard cuts, to jump after rebounds or to block a shot or to even go after a high entry pass. Basketball has to be instinctive, you can't think about the move as you make it. With the injuries he looks like a guy who is questioning what he can and cannot do without getting hurt again.

Fortunately this team has multiple big men. No, none of them are mobile seven footers like a healthy Walton would be healthy but it isn't critical that he go out and shine right now.

He is still just a junior. Let's be patient with a guy who has done nothing but put out a full effort. If he can get his comfort level back, if he can get the game to come naturally to him again we will have an asset for the stretch run of the season and a key player for next year. Because of the time involved in the injuries he should be able to get an additional year of eligibility if he applies and he comes back strong.

Nature of sports is that some athletes are going to have injury issues. It's not their fault and it's only fair to blame them if they don't work to overcome those injuries. Tad know that Walton had some injury history but the risk was worth it. Had he stayed completely healthy I think he could have been the kind of player to push a team into multiple rounds of the tourney before going to the NBA.

Just referring to Walton, the guy is a bust already. Making excuse of his injury, he's had a year recovery. How much playing time has he gotten so far with the non-league schedule? Very few minutes. Look at his stats so far minutes, points, rebounds. Right now I'll say he's better than Mills, but lets see at the end of his career. He looks lost out there, looking where to go next, can't keep up with his opponent when defending, can't muscle out for rebounds. I had lots of hopes, and gave him pass his first year, now (his 3rd?), nada. I'm sure he "looked" good, as a 7 footer, but maybe the competition wasn't a good indicator for Arvada. I'll keep my mind open on him, but he has to get better. We need a BIG post player.

For being a 30-year season ticket holder you don't seem to have much of a grip on CU basketball. Were you at any conference games in 2017-2018? Here is a link to the highlights from the Arizona game for a little refresher:

Dallas had 15 points on 7 of 7 shooting against two very capable 7 footers (one of which was the #1 pick in the NBA Draft). Here are a few time-stamps to check out:
0:09 - drains a three
0:24 - pick and roll for a layup over Ristic
0:45 - dump-off from King for a dunk
1:41 - backs down Ayton and finishes with a nice hook off the glass
2:05 - nice little spin and hook shot over Ristic
2:16 - blocks Alkins which leads to a Kin fast-break dunk

We probably don't win this game and a handful of other games without Dallas that season. To call him a bust makes no sense at all, especially considering he wasn’t a high profile recruit. If you paid attention you also might have noticed it took time for him to get comfortable that season coming off the previous ACL injury. He didn’t really start producing until conference play. And even if we don’t see a similar trajectory this year, in part due to a more capable frontcourt, I foresee Dallas being a big contributor before his time is up at CU.

He’s a great young man who’s maintained a great attitude and work ethic through a ton of adversity.

For being a 30-year season ticket holder you don't seem to have much of a grip on CU basketball. Were you at any conference games in 2017-2018? Here is a link to the highlights from the Arizona game for a little refresher:

Dallas had 15 points on 7 of 7 shooting against two very capable 7 footers (one of which was the #1 pick in the NBA Draft). Here are a few time-stamps to check out:

We probably don't win this game and a handful of other games without Dallas that season. To call him a bust makes no sense at all, especially considering he wasn’t a high profile recruit. If you paid attention you also might have noticed it took time for him to get comfortable that season coming off the previous ACL injury. He didn’t really start producing until conference play. And even if we don’t see a similar trajectory this year, in part due to a more capable frontcourt, I foresee Dallas being a big contributor before his time is up at CU.

He’s a great young man who’s maintained a great attitude and work ethic through a ton of adversity.

Make my martini a double!

Dallas Walton sure has matched up with Pac-12 players that would go on to be future NBA players well. However, you can't argue with most Buffs fans. They never played the game, they don't watch the rest of the league or college basketball, they all have Tad Boyle(s) "Coach for Life" tattoos, and they only know CU players. Experts all.

Instead he had another knee injury. I don't know if he is prone to them or has just had terrible luck but it happened. Again by all reports he worked as hard at rehab as anyone could ask. It is not unreasonable though to expect that he would have a long way to come back. After multiple knee injuries it is hard to get the idea of the next one out of your mind. Makes it very hard to make hard cuts, to jump after rebounds or to block a shot or to even go after a high entry pass. Basketball has to be instinctive, you can't think about the move as you make it. With the injuries he looks like a guy who is questioning what he can and cannot do without getting hurt again.

From my personal experience with knee injuries it isn't the hesitation or confidence in the knee, or even thinking about it. Basketball is a game with lots of explosive motions. You can come back with a stronger core, better balance, more strength in the surrounding muscles, lighter, leaner, stronger but at the end of the day you don't ever come back more explosive. I was never the same after the first knee injury. I can't imagine how much successive knee injuries would rob you. You just aren't the same player after a knee injury, in my experience.

From my personal experience with knee injuries it isn't the hesitation or confidence in the knee, or even thinking about it. Basketball is a game with lots of explosive motions. You can come back with a stronger core, better balance, more strength in the surrounding muscles, lighter, leaner, stronger but at the end of the day you don't ever come back more explosive. I was never the same after the first knee injury. I can't imagine how much successive knee injuries would rob you. You just aren't the same player after a knee injury, in my experience.
With the advances in medicine there have been guys come back from knee injuries as explosive as ever. Don't know if that applies after multiple injuries though.

Tad has said though that Dallas is hesitant and thinking about the knee. Understandable, a guy would worry that if he twist this way or that or if he cuts and jumps at 100% is the knee going to hold up or is it going to give out on him.

Key thing is though that coming back is going to take time. Anyone who expects him to just run out there like nothing happened have never been through a significant injury.

We don't know what the doctors are saying, we don't know what the training staff knows. We do know that he is a great kid who works hard and gives it everything he has. At the least he deserves that we have some patience and give him the benefit of a doubt.

Dallas Walton sure has matched up with Pac-12 players that would go on to be future NBA players well. However, you can't argue with most Buffs fans. They never played the game, they don't watch the rest of the league or college basketball, they all have Tad Boyle(s) "Coach for Life" tattoos, and they only know CU players. Experts all.

The most hilarious thing about this post is that it tremendously clear that the Anti-Tad crowd are actually the ones that obviously don't watch any other college basketball.

Seems the average for the top 40 BB college coaches is about "$1 million or more." Don't think Colorado is considered one of the top 40 basketball schools, but I could be. . . wrong. (top two women's BB coaches make between $1.25-$2 million). https://work.chron.com/average-salary-college-basketball-coach-2102.html
Colorado's "Boyle_" is ranked 58th in salaries listed as $1.8 on USAToday (https://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/mens-basketball/coach/) and puts him 8th on the Pac-12 list of coaches (with Pac-12 basketball powerhouse (?) Utah coach at the top-earning $3.6 million). So while I don't have any opinion (nor interest) in what Tad Boyle makes, it seems he's paid . . ." reasonably?" Maybe win/loss, NCAA dances, etc. would improve on this (but at the risk of more attacks on a comment, don't ask the season ticket holders, I just come to watch the Buffs play, and a better non-league schedule would be the first start! ;o).

I'm surprised LarryK is making that much at Utah that's a pretty sweet hall, also surprised Miller doesn't make more.

here is another slightly new resource (It has Cronin at UCLA at 5.5mill a season):

One thing to keep in mind private schools don't have to report coaches' compensation so we only have data for 10 of 12 pac-12 schools.

Enfield is rumored to be in the same comp range as Miller, I can find no data on Haase at Stanford (looks weird to type that). I also don't think its a point of contention with any CU fans that the school does not pay its coaches well. Even by standards of his own results vs the rest of the conference, Boyle is underpaid as a historically have been most CU coaches and assistants.

I don't think Mills was a no-brainer, because he was clearly a reach. Walton is much more coordinated and talented, but he was still a project-recruit that could have been stashed on the roster in hopes of developing to something great. A seven footer, in our backyard, with some mobility - we had to take him, but he's a project, sort of like Dombek. I agree we need better post depth, but attacking Walton as an example is misguided imo due to him being a clear project/risk during recruiting.

And I think this is fair. Yeah, you were getting ****ted on a bit, but you were also coming off a little strong in your opinions/criticisms imo. Considering that many on this board are disappointed with the UNI game, and there are some newer posters that are trolling the boards with idiotic attacks on Tad and the program, I had just assumed you were a new troll. Glad you took the ****, and hopefully you contribute meaningful discussion, while continuing to take disagreements of course. Go Buffs!
Thanks dyeme, I don't feel I was a "little strong" on Walton compared to other comments by others on Boyle_ , program, etc. I just feel a good post player is key here, and Walton isn't rising to the need. Everyone seems to be protective of him and big on him, so I'll reserve judgement until much later. I hate social media like this because it brings out the worst actor and the worst interpretations of impressions on comments. "How dare you . . . !" I haven't frequented this forum for over a year, though I love CU basketball. Used to scalp football game tickets back in the 80's until they won the championship, then you couldn't find one (P.S. love the blue and gold better than the black and gold . . that'll get a rise out f some ;o). So I didn't want that to happen to the basketball tickets my boss ususally shared so I bought 4 season tickets, over 30 years ago, hoping it would lock me into lower cost, which it didn't, but did lock me into some good seats (NS1 and Section 9 r12). Seriously? "Prairie View A&M" tonight??? No wonder attendance is sagging!

Well thanks for piling-on, but it's not a contest. I come to EVERY home game I can (it's an hour drive from where I live south of Morrison) and winter and 93 are not very forgiving, as you aren't either ;o). Yes, I don't breath and bleed any sport, even CU basketball. My first view of Walton was a mention of recruting local 7 footer and seeing him on the bench, which seems to be a familiar view? I know that statement will piss off some, but not being as expert and "learned" as most of you, I'm willing to place a reluctant bet. . that's where he'll remain. I hoped for, wish for better, but so far, all I hear are promised and adoration. Obviously this subject pure conjecture and opinion, the facts are supporting neither. But I respect everyone else here deeper knowledge. So let's talk another topic.

Why CU (Boyle) always have a low level non-league opponent schedule? Anyone been around long enough to remember the Mile High Classic, where CU would host a tournament inviting some powerhouse east coast teams in? What happened? Arena too small for this type of event (it was moved to arena downtown, McElroy?)? China tournament was interesting and productive.

And just asking the experts here, is the "home and away" ideal often present when playing teams outside the region? I'd love to go to my home in Iowa and watch the Buffs get revenge on my alma mater, Northern Iowa, I've taken so much grief from family!

And the prediction that Buffs will finish 2nd in the Pac 12, does ANYONE. . believe this is realistic with the performance we're seeing so far with these non-league opponents?

The most hilarious thing about this post is that it tremendously clear that the Anti-Tad crowd are actually the ones that obviously don't watch any other college basketball.
Love that video! Agree about the anti-Tad types comment. I'm not naive or a groupie, but the guy has done more for CU Basketball, since Walseth. I was here when Tom Miller was coach and talk about horrible (slow-down game, anyone screwed up they walked to the bench because he pulled them immediately), Apke don't remember much, Harrington could coach, but not recruit, Patton could recruit, but not coach, Bzdelik had a wierd offense, and was all about . . Bzdelik, Boyle_ seems to be a good fit. . but remember if he gets too successful he played for Kansas and if the Kansas coaching position gets open. . .

that video just makes me miss GK24 and that season's Dom

Well thanks for piling-on, but it's not a contest. I come to EVERY home game I can (it's an hour drive from where I live south of Morrison) and winter and 93 are not very forgiving, as you aren't either ;o). Yes, I don't breath and bleed any sport, even CU basketball. My first view of Walton was a mention of recruting local 7 footer and seeing him on the bench, which seems to be a familiar view? I know that statement will piss off some, but not being as expert and "learned" as most of you, I'm willing to place a reluctant bet. . that's where he'll remain. I hoped for, wish for better, but so far, all I hear are promised and adoration. Obviously this subject pure conjecture and opinion, the facts are supporting neither. But I respect everyone else here deeper knowledge. So let's talk another topic.

Why CU (Boyle) always have a low level non-league opponent schedule? Anyone been around long enough to remember the Mile High Classic, where CU would host a tournament inviting some powerhouse east coast teams in? What happened? Arena too small for this type of event (it was moved to arena downtown, McElroy?)? China tournament was interesting and productive.

And just asking the experts here, is the "home and away" ideal often present when playing teams outside the region? I'd love to go to my home in Iowa and watch the Buffs get revenge on my alma mater, Northern Iowa, I've taken so much grief from family!

And the prediction that Buffs will finish 2nd in the Pac 12, does ANYONE. . believe this is realistic with the performance we're seeing so far with these non-league opponents?

My understanding of our schedule is that it has much less due to what Colorado wants than it is about convincing other big teams to come.
Major big name teams do not want to play in the Keg after Boyle came. The reason is that Boyle's has made Colorado into a very tough Home team in the Keg. We still lack the big name cache for making that tough game worth it on their schedules.
Kansas was willing to do it in part because they know their fans will travel well into Colorado.

Thanks dyeme, I don't feel I was a "little strong" on Walton compared to other comments by others on Boyle_ , program, etc. I just feel a good post player is key here, and Walton isn't rising to the need. Everyone seems to be protective of him and big on him, so I'll reserve judgement until much later. I hate social media like this because it brings out the worst actor and the worst interpretations of impressions on comments. "How dare you . . . !" I haven't frequented this forum for over a year, though I love CU basketball. Used to scalp football game tickets back in the 80's until they won the championship, then you couldn't find one (P.S. love the blue and gold better than the black and gold . . that'll get a rise out f some ;o). So I didn't want that to happen to the basketball tickets my boss ususally shared so I bought 4 season tickets, over 30 years ago, hoping it would lock me into lower cost, which it didn't, but did lock me into some good seats (NS1 and Section 9 r12). Seriously? "Prairie View A&M" tonight??? No wonder attendance is sagging!

Well, agree to disagree, and yes, internet personalities can be interesting. I think phrasing is key, and combined with buffapalooza's new presence, yeah, I literally thought you were a troll trying to rile people up instead of a genuine fan. I think everyone agrees we need some quality frontcourt depth, but I think it's crucial to recognize that Walton was a project. He's exceeded my expectations so far actually, and hope he returns to some form to contribute to the team. It's like me criticizing a second round draft pick by the Nuggets for not contributing more to the team, or a seventh rounder for the Broncos not doing more.

It's been reported that Tad tries to make our OOC schedule more competitive, but it's tough. We're not always in the tournament, so we're a potential bad loss. That potential is heightened by the fact that even though we're not always a tournament team, we're still dangerous at home. I think this year is solid - UNI, KU, Dayton, the Vegas tournament.

No, I don't think we'll finish top 2 at this point, but I do think our ceiling is that high. I do still believe we'll go dancing and finish top 4 in the PAC. I think the PAC gets 5 teams in this year. (and to repeat myself, I didn't see the UNI game)

This is not the year for anyone to complain about scheduling, it's legit this year. Every team gets a PVAM on their schedule. I'm not here to defend any other year's schedule, but this one is great.
anyone saying we don't schedule hard OOC is apparently not following the team this year. Our schedule is legit. I"m not saying it's the hardest anyone has played, but it's definitely up there.

. "How dare you . . . !" I haven't frequented this forum for over a year, though I love CU basketball. Used to scalp football game tickets back in the 80's until they won the championship, then you couldn't find one (P.S. love the blue and gold better than the black and gold . . that'll get a rise out f some ;o). So I didn't want that to happen to the basketball tickets my boss ususally shared so I bought 4 season tickets, over 30 years ago, hoping it would lock me into lower cost, which it didn't, but did lock me into some good seats (NS1 and Section 9 r12). Seriously?

Not the dreaded blue and gold! Thankfully I no longer have any of the blue stuff around (except media guides)

My understanding of our schedule is that it has much less due to what Colorado wants than it is about convincing other big teams to come.
Major big name teams do not want to play in the Keg after Boyle came. The reason is that Boyle's has made Colorado into a very tough Home team in the Keg. We still lack the big name cache for making that tough game worth it on their schedules.
Kansas was willing to do it in part because they know their fans will travel well into Colorado.
Great response! Agree to the point of CU being hard to win at home. Granted, CU and Tad has a great home game winning percentage, but we have one of the worst ? attendance (especially students!) of most schools. I feel CU needs to work harder on getting big name east coast teams to come play us, and away as well. It build a better team, a better program. Maybe if CU started bringing in top bb power schools, more team would want to come?

Last edited:
Not the dreaded blue and gold! Thankfully I no longer have any of the blue stuff around (except media guides)
I realize it's machismo to "go black." Being from Iowa remember when the recently late Hayden Fry copied the Steelers uniforms for the Hawkeyes. But our fan paraphernalia is limited in style. "Black" isn't the coolest looking fan attire. And I still feel "visibility' is key in sports for receivers and basketball "open player." I guess that's my only rub on this. But for home games, I don't like the home "gray" uniforms, and would like to see a bright yellow (not "gold") for the same reason. JMO.

Great response! Agree to the point of CU being hard to win at home. Granted, CU and Tad has a great home game winning percentage, but we have one of the worst ? attendance (especially students!) of most schools. I feel CU needs to work harder on getting big name east coast teams to come play us, and away as well. It build a better team, a better program.
We’re in that donut hole of being too good at home for programs to want to risk playing in Boulder when we’re not good enough overall to make that road loss (with a likely return win at home) enough of a positive on NET.

To see better teams come to the Keg, we need to get better or worse.

anyone saying we don't schedule hard OOC is apparently not following the team this year. Our schedule is legit. I"m not saying it's the hardest anyone has played, but it's definitely up there.
Have to disagree. While I have been impressed with the San Diegos, UC Irvines, Sacramento States and their performances, it's not the attendance draw'er. And Kansas was away. If you need analogies. . . . .Oregon, (picked #1 Pac 12 this year) has Memphis, Houston, Seton Hall, Gonzaga and UNC, and those experiences will probably make the top league finisher pick come true. Arizona has Illinois, Pepperdine, Wake Forest, Baylor, St. Johns. . .UCLA has UNC, Notre Dame, BYU, Hofstra, . . USC has . . .LSU, Temple, TCU, Harvard, Pepperdine. . . . .Washington has Baylor, Tennessee, Gonzaga, Ball St, . . Utah has Minnesota, Tulane, Kentucky, BYU. . .just to name examples. You can't grow into a major basketball power playing Prairie View A&M (played like streetballers!)

Have to disagree. While I have been impressed with the San Diegos, UC Irvines, Sacramento States and their performances, it's not the attendance draw'er. And Kansas was away. If you need analogies. . . . .Oregon, (picked #1 Pac 12 this year) has Memphis, Houston, Seton Hall, Gonzaga and UNC, and those experiences will probably make the top league finisher pick come true. Arizona has Illinois, Pepperdine, Wake Forest, Baylor, St. Johns. . .UCLA has UNC, Notre Dame, BYU, Hofstra, . . USC has . . .LSU, Temple, TCU, Harvard, Pepperdine. . . . .Washington has Baylor, Tennessee, Gonzaga, Ball St, . . Utah has Minnesota, Tulane, Kentucky, BYU. . .just to name examples. You can't grow into a major basketball power playing Prairie View A&M (played like streetballers!)
Oh god.

Also, our average fans are not very knowledgeable about the hoops landscape. They didn’t show for home games against excellent hoops opponents like BYU, New Mexico and Xavier. To the majority of our fans, if it’s not a “name” school that’s P5 in football, it’s not much different than seeing Colorado Christian on the schedule in terms of motivating them to get to the arena.

Back