What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

*** Official 2015 Cal @ Colorado Basketball Game thread ***

Following on gamecast. Can't update fast enough. Sigh. Thursdays are bad for me.

.500 team since Spencer went down. That is who we are and will be next year probably.

This is unfortunate, but it's the way things are. Apparently, that thrashing at the hands of the panthers last year didnt make guy want to work. Maybe sitting at home in march will.

They showed the stat. I think we are now 20 - 22.

The worst bit is that we have talent on this team, we just don't use it.

I don't know... I see nominally 'athletic' players in terms of ability and length, but I see little to no offensive skill or confidence. They're able to rebound, but they can't hit the side of a barn and have horrific handles.

.500 team since Spencer went down. That is who we are and will be next year probably.

They are a lot more talented then their record this season normally indicates.

But in the end you are what your record is. Even though I have confidence Tad will turn around the team next year, until he does it--this is a bad basketball team.

I don't know... I see nominally 'athletic' players in terms of ability and length, but I see little to no offensive skill or confidence. They're able to rebound, but they can't hit the side of a barn and have horrific handles.

I think it's coaching. We have talent. There need to be plays run to put our players in positions that they are likely to score from.

Stanford-Law-Sports-Studying.jpg

The pac 12 is pathetic as far as fan support goes.
The Stanford Law kid is also a Berkeley alumnus and the staff at Maples asked him to take his Berkeley sweater off. (to add more color to the pac fan base thing)

Outside of Booker, no one on this team cares. At all
I thought Josh gave an incredible effort even though he was obviously in pain and getting knocked down. Ended up with 15 or so points and 4 or so blocks. I was impressed with his effort and hope he can play on Sunday.

The Stanford Law kid is also a Berkeley alumnus and the staff at Maples asked him to take his Berkeley sweater off. (to add more color to the pac fan base thing)

Well that explains his disinterest though he at least went to the game unlike most Furd students.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would have told them to **** off. But I'm not a law student at Stanford.

I think it's coaching. We have talent. There need to be plays run to put our players in positions that they are likely to score from.

I cannot believe people keep banging the "we have talent" drum. What the **** are you people seeing? I see zero offensive talent outside Ski and Scott. Zero. That's stunning to say for a P12 team. We have one jump shooter. That's it. Thomas shows an occasional flash of ability to create. Yes, JHop can jump really high, but is that basketball talent? High jumpers on the track team can jump, but that doesn't make them talented. Fletch and Talton are just space fillers. Gordon brings nothing on the offensive end.

We're going to look back in a couple years at the recruitment of the current sophs as a turning point back to mediocrity (at best) for this program, unless Tad figures out how to fix this ****. Our problems run on multiple levels. And I also don't think we win again this year. **** Ken Pom or whatever else says otherwise.

Last edited:
Dumb plays (Gordon fouls near the end, wtf?), awful offense, poor perimeter defense, no ability to slash and score, next to no jump shooting, apparent lack of leadership, injuries, what's not to like?

This team lost all of these games this year two years ago when Boyle and company totally failed to capitalize on success/momentum on the recruiting front. When CU went overnight from a nothing to putting guys in the NBA and showing up in the tourney every year the staff should have been banking big time on reeling in recruits while the iron is hot.

They didn't, and this is the result. The bad old days aren't that far away.

Back